Question Regarding 100 Day Award

clogaltocruise

Glad to hear they have done that party on other ships.

Maybe it will catch on and be offered on more HAL ships. :)

We have had VIP parties in Crows Nest but that was the first time a Mariners Reception. Loved it.

Just in reading this I realized we reached over 100 on our last cruise. We are booked for November and I think I'll call Mariners benefits to see if we can receive our medallions then. Thanks for the tips, as always CCers are the best. m--

I am not sure I understand what you are talking about. We passed 100 days on Hal about two years ago and have never received anything in the way of a reward other than the upgrading of our number of stars rating along the way.:confused:

I'm sure you are aware the Medallion Program counts actual cruise days unlike the Star Mariner Program that includes spending bonus days and suite double days. Just trying to avoid confusion for those who may not know the difference in the two concurrently running programs.

Appreciate this info! I was getting ready to email the Mariner program. Somehow, we never received pins for any level and will pass the 100 day mark on our upcoming cruise.

HAL is running two Mariners Programs at the same time:

Star Program:

One Star after One Completed Cruise

Two Star = 30 cruise day credits

Three Star = 75 cruise day credits

Four Star = 200 cruise day credits

Five Star = 500 cruise day credits

You will begin to enjoy the benefits of each new level on the cruise following the one during which you achieved the new level.

Medallion Program:

Copper Medallion = 100 actual days on ships

Silver Medallion = 300 actual cruise days

Gold Medallion = 500 actual cruise days

Platinum Medallion = 700 actual cruise days

You should be presented your Medallion at Reception held on Mariner Brunch Day during the cruise on which you achieve the new level.

Regarding the Medallion Program ... We were informed that HAL doesn't present the medallion until the cruise after you've achieved the new level.

According to our experience attending many Mariner receptions, I believe you were informed incorrectly. We have often seen medallions handed out on the cruise they are earned.

Regarding the Medallion Program ... We were informed that HAL doesn't present the medallion until the cruise after you've achieved the new level.

I've received all my medallions on the cruise when I reached the required number of days. I fully expect to receive my next one in the same fashion, as friends are joining me to help me celebrate.

I've received all my medallions on the cruise when I reached the required number of days. I fully expect to receive my next one in the same fashion, as friends are joining me to help me celebrate.

Ruth when will you reach 700. I am at 699 actual days with 727 credits. I want that next metal, just hope they can find a lapel pin to match. I don't like that 5star pin.

Ruth when will you reach 700. I am at 699 actual days with 727 credits. I want that next metal, just hope they can find a lapel pin to match. I don't like that 5star pin.

I have a Collectors' Cruise booked in the fall of '15, and that's when I should reach the 700 actual days mark (if I counted correctly).

Congratulations on getting there yourself! :) If you find the pin, see if there's another. I want the pin, too. ;)

DH & I did not receive our 100 Day award as we should have on our last cruise. The concierge apologized and said she would take care of it. We said we would wait for our next cruise to receive during the ceremony.

DH's brother & wife will earn their 100 Days on our next cruise ... 7 Day Zuiderdam week 9/20.

We are staying on for the 3 day Coastal to SF.

This means Brother in law & wife will have had their 100 days just prior to the 3 day Coastal.

We really want to be awarded our awards with them.

2 Questions:

The Coastal is actually the beginning of a Panama itinerary. Will they have an awards prior to SF?

or, would HAL present b-i-l & wife their award during the 7 Day that they are earning the 100?

I hope I've made sense of this. I don't know whether to even try to ask our TA about it.

Thank you.

Actually, last September on the Statendam, the Medallion Reception was also an evening event at the Crow's Nest. That was when we should have received ours. It was a very nice affair!

:confused: If you were invited to the Medallion Reception but did not yet have a Medallion, it sounds as though you were supposed to get them that night and someone messed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Update ... my ta did contact HAL. She was told that since b-i-l & s-i-l will have cruised 100 days after our 1st night on our 7-day Alaska and they are doing the 3-day following, HAL will present them with their medallion during our 7-day ceremony. It will be nice to be presented our medallions together.

Again, I want to thank CC members for your knowledgeable advice!

Update ... my ta did contact HAL. She was told that since b-i-l & s-i-l will have cruised 100 days after our 1st night on our 7-day Alaska and they are doing the 3-day following, HAL will present them with their medallion during our 7-day ceremony. It will be nice to be presented our medallions together.

Again, I want to thank CC members for your knowledgeable advice!

I suggest you confirm this with the cruise director as soon as possible after boarding. On one of our cruises our friends were told they would not receive their platinum medallion until the following cruise. They did receive the platinum medallion but we missed the ceremony. :(

That does worry me. My hope and HAL has agreed that since their next cruise is immediately following - but there won't be a ceremony on that one, that HAL will present. Good suggestions! We will confirm after boarding. Let's hope they see it my way ??? :-)