Venice disembarkation

marama

Hello Everyone,

We will be doing our first Seabourn cruise Venice to Venice on Spirit this August/September and we have seen posts which suggest that its best to book yourself a water taxi in advance when you disembark rather than just hoping to pick one up. Can anyone please tell me what kind of time we should aim for? We won't be able to check into our hotel before 12, but I suspect that we will be chucked off the ship much earlier than that. Thanks in advance.

Every Seabourn cruise we have done in the past few years (quite a lot) has had disembarkation from 8 until 9.30. If you are not on a flight or Seabourn transport you can get off the ship at any time during these hours. You will be asked to leave your suite by 8, but can then have a leisurely breakfast and sit in a lounge until 9.30 if you so wish.

Even though your check in at the hotel is 12 you can probably drop your bags off earlier at the hotel and then go off round Venice bag free. Most of the hotels have luggage storage so worth checking with them :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

I can remember thinking years ago that it was a bit mean expecting one to be off the ship by 9.30, but in fact there is a great deal for the staff - probably particularly the stewardesses - to do before the next lot get on, at or just after noon. Whereas in a hotel just a few guests leave and arrive each day,normally, pretty well much all the suites change passengers.

When you first board you will see how much has to be done just for you in your suite before you arrive, with quite a lot of personalised things. And the staff do like everything to be spiffing for the newcomers.

Venice is a lovely port to start and end a cruise, especially from the pier at San Basilio, which the small ships use. Your sailaway will be beautiful.

Hey lincslady

Kind of Snarky comment back to wipro; don't you think ?

Yes, mild apologies. I do wish, however, that people would read what has gone before, especially when it is a short thread involving advice.

Marama,

If you want to disembark at noon you will have to pay for a second cruise. Or maybe clean and replenish your cabin supplies for guests who embark at 14:00.

That's what happens when passengers vacate their cabins at 8:00.

Happy sailing!

Marama,

If you want to disembark at noon you will have to pay for a second cruise. Or maybe clean and replenish your cabin supplies for guests who embark at 14:00.

That's what happens when passengers vacate their cabins at 8:00.

Happy sailing!

......I've disembarked at 1pm. We did vacate the cabin by 8am however we then had breakfast and then sat outside Seabourn Square until 1pm.