Early/Late Dining vs Anytime

spazilla1

Hi! I know this probably has already been discussed early vs anytime, my question is this - if you have assigned time dining, but do not get there by 6:00 or by 8:00 can you still eat at that dining room ?

(now I am not talking extremely late - maybe 30 minutes tops)

Please help! :)::o

30 mins. is too late...it messes up everything! If you are unsure of when you'll want to eat, choose anytime dining.

If you have traditional seating, you know when dinner starts...same time every night...so plan accordingly!

Thanks! We were just wondering if they turn you away from the dining room and you then have to eat at the buffet, or if they just work you in later. We wouldn't want to cause a problem, so of course you are correct, if we know when we need to be somewhere best to arrive by that time. :) ;)

we have done both types of cruises. Assigned early dinner is the best. It is very close to what we do at home. Have dinner and then went out to do things on the ship. Late dinner, is too late. Anytime dinner was fun on a ship that was port intensive. Meaning that you can go to dinner when you are back on the ship from the day away. Any time was also good with kids, as it allowed us to be 30mins late.

IF you have assigned early or late dining then that is the time you are expected to arrive at the dining room!

You will be sitting with other people at the table and it will be rude to be late and make everyone wait for you.

IF you are not good at being on time to places then you need to have AnyTime dining where you can arrive at the MDR any time you like and then be seated like in a restaurant.

Thanks! We were just wondering if they turn you away from the dining room and you then have to eat at the buffet, or if they just work you in later. We wouldn't want to cause a problem, so of course you are correct, if we know when we need to be somewhere best to arrive by that time. :) ;)

No, they don't work you in.

If you're running 30 mins. behind, it's best to eat at one of the other venues.

Being really late, even if you have your own table, throws off the serving flow.

The servers have several tables and it throws them off as it's much smoother (and easier for them) to be serving their tables the same courses at the same time.

One reason we like anytime dining is we may decide not to go to the main dining room at all. If you don't tell your wait staff ahead of time with assigned dining they will wait to see if you show up for a period of time before taking orders. This will put your table and wait staff behind.

I've seen posts on here that they pretty much close the doors 15 minutes after opening and letting guests in. Wife/I are almost always ontime, especially for the seated dining. I prefer the later seatings because I love getting pictures of the sunsets.