2nd cruise advice

travelinteach

I am looking into our second cruise. We did the Western on the Glory our first time and loved it but am struggling with booking the second. I am afraid of the airfare to San Juan for the Southern (from Michigan) am considering the Eastern from New Orleans with 3 ports. Any opinions or other favorites??? We are a two couples with kids from 17 - 25. Not sure if 3 ports is not enough or not???

Is the ship out of New Orleans the Dream? If so, from the reviews I have read, there is lots on board to appreciate and enjoy, so three ports should be fine. I have not been on the Dream, but like what I read, and New Orleans itself is a great place to spend a day, or two before or post cruise.

I am looking into our second cruise. We did the Western on the Glory our first time and loved it but am struggling with booking the second. I am afraid of the airfare to San Juan for the Southern (from Michigan) am considering the Eastern from New Orleans with 3 ports. Any opinions or other favorites??? We are a two couples with kids from 17 - 25. Not sure if 3 ports is not enough or not???

I'd look at Eastern intineraries from either Miami or Port Canaveral. Carnival loves those extra sea days so not sure if the options improve even embarking from those ports that are closer to the Eastern Caribbean.

Definitely an Eastern from one of the Florida ports. If you fly into FLL, the port is 10 minutes from the airport. If you fly into Orlando (MCO), the port is about 45-60 minutes away. Either port is VERY easy to get to and you should be able to get reasonable airline rates (I use SWA) into either.

Definitely an Eastern from one of the Florida ports. If you fly into FLL, the port is 10 minutes from the airport. If you fly into Orlando (MCO), the port is about 45-60 minutes away. Either port is VERY easy to get to and you should be able to get reasonable airline rates (I use SWA) into either.

I agree...sailing out of a Florida port will give you many more choices for itineraries. Don't forget Miami departures as well. Even if you fly in to FLL ground transport is inexpensive and reliable...car rental gives you extra flexibility if you are flying in a day early, or have a late departure.

We came back from a trip on the Glory just a couple of week ago. We visited HMC, San Juan, St.Thomas, and Grand Turk. Great trip.

Happy sailing

I'd highly recommend sailing the beautiful "Liberty", sailing an Eastern Itinerary out of Port Canaveral. This ship offers the best of both worlds, in my opinion. She has the 2.0 upgrades for food, but retains the 1.0 entertainment, and shows. GREAT combination, that can't be beat, plus there are some very good deals for this ship. ;)

"SKY"

Sky,

We have a booking on the Liberty at the end of the year. Going west because had to change an existing booking that was going "east" for family reasons. But, have been on the Liberty's sister, the Freedom, doing the "east". Definitely beautiful ships.

Steve

If you like the thought of a Southern without going from San Juan, you can look at the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral. 8 night to Aruba, Curacao (or Bonaire), and Grand Turk.

Edited by Out to sea!

Sky,

We have a booking on the Liberty at the end of the year. Going west because had to change an existing booking that was going "east" for family reasons. But, have been on the Liberty's sister, the Freedom, doing the "east". Definitely beautiful ships.

Steve

FYI, the Freedom is not a sister to the Liberty. Freedom is part of the Freedom Class (130,000 ton) and Liberty is part of the Conquest Class (110,000 ton). Similar ships though but not sisters.

FYI, the Freedom is not a sister to the Liberty. Freedom is part of the Freedom Class (130,000 ton) and Liberty is part of the Conquest Class (110,000 ton). Similar ships though but not sisters.

Freedom and Liberty are both the Conquest class. Think you might be confusing Freedom with the Dream.

Freedom and Liberty are both the Conquest class. Think you might be confusing Freedom with the Dream.

I could have sworn the Freedom was in the class above. Well, don't I look like an idiot now. :(

SNC_CAM, Golfadj is correct, Liberty and Freedom ARE sisters. Instead of verifying I was relying on my memory which obviously isn't worth a plug nickel.

FWIW, I was scratching my heading and realized that maybe I was thinking of LOTS and FOTS. Checked, nope, both the same class on RCCL as well. Just having one of those days I guess.

We are doing the Liberty, 8 Day Southern Caribbean out of Port Canaveral next week.

Check her out. She has the updated 2.0 version with Guy Burgers plus .....

Congrats! You'll be sailing with my "other half", the lovely Mrs. Jones. I had been looking at this cruise, as I LOVE "Liberty", and she told me that we were just too busy around here for me to go. She then BOOKED IT FOR HERSELF! (Don't you hate when that happens?) ;) Anyway, I know y'all are going to have a FANTASTIC cruise. Can't wait to hear all about it!

"SKY"

Here are my choices:

Southern on Valor out of San Juan

Eastern on Dream out of New Orleans (key west, Freeport, Nassau )

Eastern on Sunshine out of Port Canaveral

If air fare to San Juan is a problem, I'd pick the Sunshine. Dream ports are not the best. Key West is fun, but the other two are ho-hum.

I agree...sailing out of a Florida port will give you many more choices for itineraries. Don't forget Miami departures as well. Even if you fly in to FLL ground transport is inexpensive and reliable...car rental gives you extra flexibility if you are flying in a day early, or have a late departure.

We came back from a trip on the Glory just a couple of week ago. We visited HMC, San Juan, St.Thomas, and Grand Turk. Great trip.

Happy sailing

What were the shows on the Glory? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app