Laundry service

Floridanamaw

Feel like I'm asking a really stupid question here, but with the Laundry Bag deal...(which I am not even sure is available on the Sun), do they separate items that shouldn't be washed together? I am thinking they must do this, or no one would be inclined to use the service. I cannot imagine them washing jeans with a delicate blouse...Does anyone know?

I believe they throw whatever is in the bag in one washer in hot water. We do colored clothes, underwear, socks, shorts, tee shirts. Yes all colored. Wouldn't recommend putting anything delicate in the bag. Saves some space in the luggage. The other thing we do, is take some older clothes and leave them behind which frees up space in case we go wild buying things.

I would love to know how well this product works for you. We often take longer trips and this sure looks like a handy way to keep clothes clean.

am really happy with the product. I tried the scrubba at home and works amazingly. will be perfect to take cruising as it folds up to about the size of a packet of cigarettes. So easy to use. you can see online there is a demo. just google scrubba

am really happy with the product. I tried the scrubba at home and works amazingly. will be perfect to take cruising as it folds up to about the size of a packet of cigarettes. So easy to use. you can see online there is a demo. just google scrubba

Thanks..I am going to find it now!!

Feel like I'm asking a really stupid question here, but with the Laundry Bag deal...(which I am not even sure is available on the Sun), do they separate items that shouldn't be washed together? I am thinking they must do this, or no one would be inclined to use the service. I cannot imagine them washing jeans with a delicate blouse...Does anyone know?

Not a stupid question at all. From what I've read everything in your bag is put in the same wash load (posted by people that take the behind the scenes tours), so I certainly wouldn't put anything uber-expensive in the bag or anything that's too delicate. With that said we've never noticed any staining of any of our clothes from jeans bleeding or anything like that and our clothes are always clean. We have used the laundry special on each cruise and it allows us to not pack as heavily. You can get quite a bit of clothes in the bag if you roll them tightly.

MikeMartha and sparks1093-thanks for your responses. I think the only thing I would trust them with is jeans...glad I asked!

You are most welcome. We normally fill the bag with jeans, cargo shorts/gym shorts, t-shirts, socks, unders. We don't put permanent press through the laundry bag.

On all three of our NCL cruises, we have used the bag special. It is amazing what you can stuff in the bag, just roll you clothes.

We have included bright color, perma-press, and not had a problem. On one cruise we tried hand washing heavy clothes. Unless you are in a dry climate, the clothes just don't dry in the shower. You can only hang so much on the deck chairs and take a risk the wind will blow your clothes on the deck.

We always take the small packets of Tide for sink washing small items.

Most of our cruises are longer ones 14-16 nights so using the laundry is a necessity. Most are transatlantics and we do some touring for about a week before or after we get off the ship. We have decided that while the laundry is somewhat expensive, it is foolhardy to not use it at least once. You need to keep your luggage manageable and we have learned to pack less each trip.

We do underwear and delicates ourselves and use the laundry service specials when they come up. You need to be alert to the offer which comes at night with your daily. They rotate the special around the ship so that they don't overload the laundry staff.

The clothes that need pressing, even jeans, come back pressed and on hangers. We have never had a problem with bleeding or staining or even shrinkage. Overall, it is a good value for those whose cruise is 7 days or more.