first time cruise celebrity reflection vs regal princess

sillyguy

Hello, first time cruisers looking at either booking one of these 2 cruises, they are basically doing the same itinerary aside celebrity half day san juan versus full day on princess island.

We are late 40's use to doing the all inclusive type of trips (mid to high end resorts). Not big drinkers and love to lay around the pool in the sun. Was leaning reflection due to reviews and leaves on a saturday, versus regal that leaves sunday to Sunday (have to work monday). Also pool seems nicer at the regal . Both are about the same price (balcony no obstruction). We do like a bit of a night life (dancing) . Like good food and good service. Any help in chosing would be appreciated.

Hello, first time cruisers looking at either booking one of these 2 cruises, they are basically doing the same itinerary aside celebrity half day san juan versus full day on princess island.

We are late 40's use to doing the all inclusive type of trips (mid to high end resorts). Not big drinkers and love to lay around the pool in the sun. Was leaning reflection due to reviews and leaves on a saturday, versus regal that leaves sunday to Sunday (have to work monday). Also pool seems nicer at the regal . Both are about the same price (balcony no obstruction). We do like a bit of a night life (dancing) . Like good food and good service. Any help in chosing would be appreciated.

Welcome to Cruise Critic Sillyguy. Flip a coin, you can't go wrong with either ship. I would probably choose the Regal Princess as she is a brand new ship and looks gorgeous.

Both are traditional cruise lines, with top-notch service, elegant public rooms. Try and find pictures online of both ships and see which ones appeal to you.

Here's a link to a Live Review of the Celebrity Reflection with pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1772373&highlight=live+from+the+celebrity+reflection

You might try posting your question on both the Princess and Celebrity boards to see what people think about both lines.

Have a great cruise.

Jonathan

Find some pictures of Reflection, especially its indoor pool,most beautiful at sea. Food will be better also on Reflection.Just a classier total experience. Just noticed, above poster did a link.

Edited by zoncom

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I would pick the itinerary you like the best.

I have cruised a lot on both Celebrity and Princess and without a doubt, I recommend the Reflection. The new Royal Class Princess ships are beautiful, but nothing really stands out on them as as extraordinary, and Princess seems to be stuck in the early 90s with their furnishings, decor and stateroom size. I'm a lot more impressed with Celebrity Solstice Class ships.

booked reflection:)

You will not regret it. I am in my early 30s and have only sailed with Celebrity, and have found it to be very modern and appealing to "urban sophisticates" based on the people I have met on board. I have never sailed with Princess, but my aunt (who is 50) recently did and said "I have never seen so many walkers in my life!" You will probably find that the passengers and amenities on Reflection are more your speed, although they have done away with the traditional nightclub.

I think I am booked on the same itinerary, in April of next year.

Have a great cruise!

I have cruised a lot on both Celebrity and Princess and without a doubt, I recommend the Reflection. The new Royal Class Princess ships are beautiful, but nothing really stands out on them as as extraordinary, and Princess seems to be stuck in the early 90s with their furnishings, decor and stateroom size. I'm a lot more impressed with Celebrity Solstice Class ships.

Celebrity does large ships much better than Princess in the Caribbean.