Adapter or Converter which one?

HEINER

We are going to stay pre cruise in Berlin Germany. The hotel said I need to take are own Adapter or Converter this had never happen to us the hotel always has one.

So do I need a adapter or a converter it's for a CPap machine? The CPap has the same plug that a hair dryer, shaver or curling iron would use.

What do I need to get to convert to there electricity? What is there voltage?

I hope someone can answer and give us some information on what I need to buy and where to get it. I did look on Amazon but again I don't know what I need.

Thanks so much for any information you can give us.

Betty

We are going to stay pre cruise in Berlin Germany. The hotel said I need to take are own Adapter or Converter this had never happen to us the hotel always has one.

So do I need a adapter or a converter it's for a CPap machine? The CPap has the same plug that a hair dryer, shaver or curling iron would use.

I hope someone can answer and give us some information on what I need to buy and where to get it. I did look on Amazon but again I don't know what I need.

Thanks so much for any information you can give us.

Betty

Hi Betty,

Rick Steves explains the European system and what you require to adapt US appliances on

http://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/phones-tech/electric-adapters-converters

Happy cruising :)

Anni

http://www.travelanni.webs.com

Voltage is 220V and you need a plug like this:

euro-plug.jpg

I think it depends on whether your machine is dual voltage. You'll need a converter if it isn't. You'll only need an adapter so the plug will fit otherwise.

The trick is to find out about your machine. If it is not stated in the literature that came with it, then perhaps you can call the manufacturer.

I know this isn't exactly the same situation, but the tag on my new curling iron states explicitly that it is dual voltage and to use with an adapter only - not a converter.

Edited by Babr
spelling

Always check the label on the power supply if it is a separate unit, such as on a cpap. If the label says 110~240v then no converter required, just an adapter for the plug.

If not separate then there is usually (always in my experience) a silver label on the device itself or a label wrapped round the power cord with the info on it.

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse tryping orrers.