About to book my first Seabourn cruise

pacheco18

Going to book the Odyssey TA October 13, 2015 as it fits nicely with our disembarkation from our b2b on Azamara which ends on October 11.

Questions for the SB veteran cruisers:

Probably going to book a Veranda -- probably a V1 or V2 -- are there are any particular staterooms or areas to request or avoid?

I have read about the referral OBC -- how do I get one?

Bear in mind that if you have booked a V2 guarantee you may well be in a higher grade suite when your information arrives.

I will never complain about an upgrade lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

But your 'upgrade' might place you near the bow on a higher deck: even more movement - and on a TA you might encounter some choppy seas.

That would not be good

I can have my TA make a notation that I do not want upgrade unless it is mid ship. The reason I booked the V2 as opposed to V1 (both are gtys) is location.

V3 was also GTY and is not mid ship.

Thanks for the heads up

I may be missing something here. Unless they offer an up- or down-sell, how can you tell them you don't want a certain type or category of cabin (or above) that you're already contracted to accept by having booked a GTY in the first place?

Edited by Ka Honu

Unfortunately even if your TA puts a note in your file re: the upgrade if your check "yes " then you will pretty much be obligated to take the new suite like it or not. So give that some thought.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree, Pacheco. Never hurts to ask. As long as you won't let it ruin your trip should you wound up in a suite that's forward. Also, keep checking your online profile so you'll know as soon as your'e assigned a suite. If you don't like it your TA can try to request a change. Sometimes they'll accommodate you.

Just was on phone with Seabourn and my TA

Very concerned that GTY MIGHT lead to an accessible cabin -- without TUB and too far forward or aft for my husband

SO -- I upped the category to a V5 and have a confirmed cabin in dead center of ship with tub.

Can anyone tell me anything good or bad about Odyssey 626?

We have just come back from odyssey 640 great position, great cruise, but from time to there there was a drain smell in the cabin - but only when docked or at anchor. The staff worked hard to resolve the issue but it was never entirely eradicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...Very concerned that GTY MIGHT lead to an accessible cabin...

... which is why I never reserve a GTY unless I'm willing to take ANY cabin in the category booked (or sometimes the categories above if they decide to "force" an upgrade).