Is Sept a party month on shorter cruises?

jb456

I'm sorry for all these questions - (likely more to come lol)

Will be our first time on Carnival and wondering if September is a big party month considering the cheap prices?

Some in our group do "NOT" want that all out party atmosphere and we are curious if there is a big difference in the crowd from a 5 night cruise to a 6/7 cruise.

The Breeze on Sept 7 from Miami is appealing for the 6 night trip to Jamaica. Mexico, etc..... but viewing youtube videos of the Breeze for the last few months it seems like nothing but a huge party.

Could this just be because it was in summer months? Maybe different ports and stuff?

Or is the Breeze always a huge party no matter the month?

The reason I ask this is because for over $400 less there is a 5 night cruise on the Victory that does Grand Turk and Bahamas.

Wondering if that would be even more of an all out party since it's a shorter cruise and a cheaper price?

Or for a couple hundred more there is a 7 night on the Conquest... and were thinking that might be a bit more relaxed trip?

As you can tell were extremely confused lol... all trips are appealing but when its over a $600 difference between the 5 night and 7 night it kind of makes us on the fence on what we should do.

Were brand new newbies at cruising (1 cruise on Celeb)... so take it easy on us please lol...

Thank you!

Edited by jb456

The parties will happen wherever you go but typically a 6/7 day will have less drunk people than a shorter cruise. Also, September is quieter because school is typically back in session.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you guys - think we might take the 5 night on Victory.. although different ports it does not seem worth spending an extra $400 for the 6 night just to get an extra fun day at sea to spend more money on booze lol

Like others have said, there is always a quiet place on the ship. A 6 or 7 night cruise will have a lot less rowdy people than the short weekend cruises.

Having done a bunch of the weekend cruises I will say that I have never had a problem with the partners. And that's not because I was joining in. LOL

Like others have said, there is always a quiet place on the ship. A 6 or 7 night cruise will have a lot less rowdy people than the short weekend cruises.

Having done a bunch of the weekend cruises I will say that I have never had a problem with the partners. And that's not because I was joining in. LOL

Thanks - the 5 night one were looking at is Monday to Friday so maybe fingers crossed that all the rowdy ones are at work lol

The shorter cruises do tend to attract more people interested in high-level fun vs. relaxation. BUT, there are always a few rowdies, regardless of ship, itinerary, length of the cruise, or days of the week. We witnessed the craziest partiers ever on a February cruise once -- go figure. One guy was always drunk and seemed to always be in the elevator with us! We started calling him "DEG" (Drunk Elevator Guy! :D )

How does that affect your cruise, really? We just do our own thing, have the kind of vacation/cruise we are interested in having. Live and let live. (Cruise and let cruise! :o)

The good thing about September and October is that there are far fewer kids on board, since school has just started.

The shorter cruises do tend to attract more people interested in high-level fun vs. relaxation. BUT, there are always a few rowdies, regardless of ship, itinerary, length of the cruise, or days of the week. We witnessed the craziest partiers ever on a February cruise once -- go figure. One guy was always drunk and seemed to always be in the elevator with us! We started calling him "DEG" (Drunk Elevator Guy! :D )

How does that affect your cruise, really? We just do our own thing, have the kind of vacation/cruise we are interested in having. Live and let live. (Cruise and let cruise! :o)

The good thing about September and October is that there are far fewer kids on board, since school has just started.

DEG got to remember that one LMAO - good stuff!

Cruises in general are cheaper in September due to hurricane season and typically schools across the nation are back in session. In my experience the parties will happen on all cruises. A cruise with couple thousand passengers and good percentage drinking the rest will be history.

My family sailed on the Victory the second week of Dec. I had me, hubby and teen son that don't get into the party scene, nothing wrong with it just not our thing. My older son and his two friends were also on the same cruise and partied like rock star with the Cheers package. We all had a great time. Me, hubby, teen son, teen niece and grandson are set to sail the same ship and ports (5 day) Sept 1, because we all had such a good and love the ports, including Nassau ;). You can find what you are looking for as far as level of excitement that suits your tastes.