Princess allowing other lines for number of cruises/ days cruised

Bogof1

Tried searching but couldn't find anything. I seem to remember that on my first cruise we were told that Princess no longer allows cruises from other lines to qualify for days cruised. I know they used to allow P&O. However on filling in my personalised for our next cruise it specifically lists them for you to fill in if you've cruised with them? Any insight from anyone please? I haven't cruised with them but my husband has in the distant past!

Thanx :)

Sitmar. The bought them many years ago and count cruises on them.

You have to have proof which isn't easy since they merged so long ago. If you have a picture of yourself with the captain at a Circolo del Commandante party (the forerunner of Captain's Circle) that could be used since it would indicate that it's at least your second cruise.

Got credit for 1 sitmar cruise w/o proof as well as a princess cruise from 92 (no proof either). I can't imagine their records are maintained that long ago, and if they were, its not worth someones time to go dig it up. That said, there is probably some amount of goodwill that is extended to passengers past history.

You have to have proof which isn't easy since they merged so long ago. If you have a picture of yourself with the captain at a Circolo del Commandante party (the forerunner of Captain's Circle) that could be used since it would indicate that it's at least your second cruise.

Princess won't argue with anyone even if they don't have direct proof of sailing. Just call them with the dates, explain your situation and they'll give you credit.

We were surprised on our first Princess cruise two years ago to we told we were Platinum, very close to Elite. We knew we would have credit for the Sitmar cruises but have no idea for sure where the other credits came from.

We suspect that at some point P&O must have acquired Regent Cruiseline as Princess Cay is very definitely the isolated beach that the Regent Cruiseline took us to in the mid 80's. The day was identified as the first private beach for a cruiseline.

The only thing in common with that wonderful beach and Princess Cay is the original pit toilets. The beach that day only had the small number of passengers that went ashore as we had to tender in on small open boats and wade the last 10 feet into shore. The beach was sandy (not the rocks that have appeared from the beach erosion) and there were seashells and sand dollars every where.

We are still missing what the other cruises may have been and Princess tells us they no longer have the specific cruise data. There are dates, but we suspect they are dates that the data was entered as they do not correlate to any of our cruises.

Even if Princess does not give credit toward Platinum and Elite status, it is possible to get the past passenger fare when booking on another Carnival Corp line. It may take the expertise of a good TA, but we were able to do it.

Edited by GloriaF

We were surprised on our first Princess cruise two years ago to we told we were Platinum, very close to Elite. We knew we would have credit for the Sitmar cruises but have no idea for sure where the other credits came from.

We suspect that at some point P&O must have acquired Regent Cruiseline as Princess Cay is very definitely the isolated beach that the Regent Cruiseline took us to in the mid 80's. The day was identified as the first private beach for a cruiseline.

The only thing in common with that wonderful beach and Princess Cay is the original pit toilets. The beach that day only had the small number of passengers that went ashore as we had to tender in on small open boats and wade the last 10 feet into shore. The beach was sandy (not the rocks that have appeared from the beach erosion) and there were seashells and sand dollars every where.

We are still missing what the other cruises may have been and Princess tells us they no longer have the specific cruise data. There are dates, but we suspect they are dates that the data was entered as they do not correlate to any of our cruises.

What year was that? I actually don't remember when Princess Cays first opened. I'm thinking somewhere around 1980?? :confused:

Tried searching but couldn't find anything. I seem to remember that on my first cruise we were told that Princess no longer allows cruises from other lines to qualify for days cruised. I know they used to allow P&O. However on filling in my personalised for our next cruise it specifically lists them for you to fill in if you've cruised with them? Any insight from anyone please? I haven't cruised with them but my husband has in the distant past!

Thanx :)

They used to count Sitmar with proof of cruising.

Hi

My Sitmar cruises from the 1960's when I cruised with my parents and our P&O cruises from 1990's were all added.

The Sitmar cruises - I had to supply dates and names of all in the party The points were added no problems it did take a few months. The P&O points were added automatically.

I understand the days count towards your days at sea but they don't count towards any credits.

Hope this helps

P&O cruises are still counted.

yes people can do 15 p&o australia cruises and on their first princess cruise they are elite, it used to be you had to do one princess cruise to get the benefits of you p&o cruises but it got changed

They have always taken Sitmar/P&O cruises for credit on Princess. After all P&O was Princess.

Not quite how I would phrase it. As I understand it, P&O acquired Princess during or around 1974, and the combined P&O Princess continued until 2000 when they to some extent "de-merged". Then in 2002-2003 Carnival acquired both P&O and Princess. Interestingly, even the subsequently-launched Princess ships have the P&O rising sun symbol on the bow. No doubt some others will understand the corporate history much better than I do and can provide some refinements. In any case, the close connection between P&O and Princess has a long history.

John

Edited by J-D

They have always taken Sitmar/P&O cruises for credit on Princess.

After all P&O was Princess.

You and others were lucky. I had to send proof, and I could only prove 3 cruises. My cruises were from 1974-77; was it because mine were so long ago?

You and others were lucky. I had to send proof, and I could only prove 3 cruises. My cruises were from 1974-77; was it because mine were so long ago?

I didn't say I sailed Sitmar! I did sail on P&O, I blame my parents for those cruises from Southampton to Australia couple of times. :D

What year was that? I actually don't remember when Princess Cays first opened. I'm thinking somewhere around 1980?? :confused:

It was somewhere around 1990. We were on the Regent Rainbow of Regency Cruise Lines. It is possible that the cruise line was either a part of P&O or bought out by P&O after the collapse of Regency as several of it's ships ending up sailing for other P&O companies.

In any case, the beach was totally undeveloped with the exception of the pit toilets that were in place for locals using the beach. The causeway to the rest of Eleuthra was in place at the backside of the beach.

It was somewhere around 1990. We were on the Regent Rainbow of Regency Cruise Lines. It is possible that the cruise line was either a part of P&O or bought out by P&O after the collapse of Regency as several of it's ships ending up sailing for other P&O companies.

In any case, the beach was totally undeveloped with the exception of the pit toilets that were in place for locals using the beach. The causeway to the rest of Eleuthra was in place at the backside of the beach.

I just checked my spreadsheet & the first time we stopped there was on the Regal in 1992 but I can't recall what it looked like back then. I guess I'll have to dig out the old photo album. It's amazing how you can forget things that have changed over the years.

I have to admit I loved the deserted beach we were bought to on that egency cruise. All the Princess Cay "improvements" has just made it another overcrowded, abused waterfront. The beautiful sand beach extending out into a sandy bottom under the water is gone.