Cheers price adjustment

cruisinpips

for even pay a few cents on tax while in the USA port the package to me is worth it.

The tax per drink has nothing to do with the program. You pay the tax per drink ordered whether you have the cheers program or you just pay per drink.

The tax per drink has nothing to do with the program. You pay the tax per drink ordered whether you have the cheers program or you just pay per drink.

Why don't you get charged tax on drinks with the Bottomless Bubbles package then? If tax is collected at the port of embarkation, it is on the whole amount of the package, not based on how many Diet Cokes I drink.

Why don't you get charged tax on drinks with the Bottomless Bubbles package then? If tax is collected at the port of embarkation, it is on the whole amount of the package, not based on how many Diet Cokes I drink.

I believe its a liquor specific tax. Also, with Cheers, they swipe your card every time you get a drink, so there is a paper trail of when people bought what. With bubbles, they just check your sticker and you're good to go.

I have no idea why soda is different, but I do know that the cheers package is not taxed. Individual drinks are taxed on each one ordered whether doing cheers or not.

Where did you find that info for the 7 day cost? I cannot find that anywhere.

The web site says up to 8 day and up to $300.

8 x 37.50 = $300 plus gratuities. $300 + $45 = $345 8 day cruise.

7 x $37.50 =$262.50 + $39.36 =$301.86 7 day cruise.

I think everyone is just doing the math.

Edited by Bases5

Where did you get that figure? Nowhere on Carnival's website does it state that a 7 day cruise will be $37.50 per day. It currently gives a range of what the program would cost based on the number of days aboard the ship, $165-$300.

John Heald provided that figure on his blog.

I hope we can buy it on the second day on our upcoming Valor cruise. We are planing on getting there at 8 PM. Kinda wasted the first day.

I don't know if I would consider buying this program with such a port intensive itinerary - prob wouldn't make economic sense :(

Plus if they made you purchase it the 1st day I would have to board ALOT earlier than 8 - can you move that time up any ?

Jane

Just recieved word that beginning 8/08/14 the beveragepackages have a new pricing structure, this is from my PVP....

3 day cruises $55/day

4 day cruises $45. "

5 day cruises $42.50 "

7 day cruises $37.50 "

Plus 15% gratuity.

Sounds like great news!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm on a 6 day. Don't see a price for this. I'm guessing maybe $40. Keep us posted if you get anymore info.

Where did you get that figure? Nowhere on Carnival's website does it state that a 7 day cruise will be $37.50 per day. It currently gives a range of what the program would cost based on the number of days aboard the ship, $165-$300.

Please refer to entry #1 of this thread... It has all the prices. :D:D

I'm on a 6 day. Don't see a price for this. I'm guessing maybe $40. Keep us posted if you get anymore info.

A six day is the same price as a 5 day... See the picture below for the exact quote from my PVP...I did not quote it exactly with my first post. :D:D

image.jpg.468a0b9b0adb78d740a93f596a6b16d2.jpg

I'm glad to see they are lowering the price. I assume it hasn't been very popular, based on this new decision. I think it will definitely pick up. I'm pretty sure we will end up buying it now, which we didn't on our last cruise.

That goes for us, too. The old price was just a little too much, the new price means it will be a good deal for us.

I'm actually looking forward to using it - I have a few drinks I know I like, but don't generally try much else. This means I can try all kinds of drinks and if I hate it, no big deal :)

Price reduction is awesome - make it a little easier on my early 20's kids and their SO to afford their packages in our upcoming family cruise. We told them - we buy the cruise and the airfare, you're on your own for beverages!

I know that all persons over 21 in same cabin must purchase the drink package. Does anyone know if this is still a requirement if one of them is pregnant (less than 24 weeks, per their policy, of course!) - just curious 'just in case' :D

Price reduction is awesome - make it a little easier on my early 20's kids and their SO to afford their packages in our upcoming family cruise. We told them - we buy the cruise and the airfare, you're on your own for beverages!

I know that all persons over 21 in same cabin must purchase the drink package. Does anyone know if this is still a requirement if one of them is pregnant (less than 24 weeks, per their policy, of course!) - just curious 'just in case' :D

It's still a requirement even if one of them is pregnant.

Has anyone done a break even analysis for new pricing?

I know if I drink 4 martinisI will break even if I have 4 a day. But was wondering if anyone else figured it out.

I also am interested in this. I know that on the old pricing, it would not have been beneficial to me. I have been trying to figure this out on my own, but am still thinking either way, my bar bill will be about the same. So, I am thinking that I might as well buy the cheers package, then if I exceed my estimated consumption, I will still be within my budget.

So question is also, if anyone has figured out a break even analysis for new pricing. Thanks.

Why wait for someone else to do it for you?

Package cost per day / drink price = breakeven point (rounded up).

Simple math.

I have done the math, and also per my previous post, have figured that at the new pricing level, I will reach 37.50 per day bar bill give or take, most days on my cruise, and decided that I should go for the new cheers program, and either way, I will break even, or do a little better, so I guess I answered my own question. So no need any longer to wait for some to do it for me...I have done it for myself and decide to buy it. Thanks for your input

There is a nice updated Cheers price comparison chart on post 20 in this thread!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2076381

Thanks, this makes up my mind, that I should buy Cheers, but even before this, I have been thinking at this new price, I am hit or miss, breaking even. So, this make my deciscion easier. Going to buy for upcoming 8 day cruise.:)