Is your orange "Update Price" tab working?

Kinkacruiser

I've been following my upcoming cruise prices daily since booking them in March. I generally book 12-14 months out, choose the cabin and wait for price drops. There has been no movement so far, so I'm thinking the orange tab is not working :confused: or I'm way to early to expect a price drop.

If it matters, the Panama cruise is also the last leg of the Pacific Princess world cruise. There are vacant cabins as some passengers are disembarking in FLL. This cruise is currently quite pricey, so I'm hoping to see a good price fall. What are my chances ...better than average?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Earlier today I got a notice on the Princess site that they were doing updates and to check back later. I got that notice when I tried to check my upcoming PC cruise for price drops.

[quote name=Kinkacruiser;43645988... There has been no movement so far' date=' so I'm thinking the orange tab is not working :confused: or I'm way to early to expect a price drop.

Thanks in advance for your comments.[/quote]

What orange tab are you referring to? I checked my Princess booking and couldn't find anything like that; I booked directly with Princess.

Edited by Treven

Do tell! What orange tab are you referring to? I'm not aware of this feature but it sounds great. I typically do a "mock" booking on the website to see if my cabin has dropped in price.

It's the one on "My Princess" You need to Save a cruise or cruises first so you can monitor price changes by hitting the orange tab.

More specifically, find a cruise of interest, click on "View Details", and then click on "Save to My Princess". Repeat for any number of cruises of interest.

To check for price changes at later times, under the "Booked Guests" tab, click on "My Princess", and then (at left) click on "Saved & Shared Cruises". For each saved cruise, click on the orange button to update to current prices. For some of my saved cruises, I see some reductions tonight relative to the last time I checked a few days ago.

John

More specifically, find a cruise of interest, click on "View Details", and then click on "Save to My Princess". Repeat for any number of cruises of interest.

To check for price changes at later times, under the "Booked Guests" tab, click on "My Princess", and then (at left) click on "Saved & Shared Cruises". For each saved cruise, click on the orange button to update to current prices. For some of my saved cruises, I see some reductions tonight relative to the last time I checked a few days ago.

John

Well I still don't see an orange button, but I did check on the price and it's about $80 cheaper than it was when I booked - not enough of a difference to do anything about it. Now if the difference was $150-200, then I'd ask Princess to give me the difference as OBC. I think I'd rather have OBC than a reduction in cost.

The tab has been working for me with no problems. The problem I do find is that if there has been an obc added to the cruise it does not show up unless you go ahead and check the blue tab (it is orange and states Update Price then when updated, turns blue and states Details & Availability) and look at the prices.

I always check the Details & Availability button after I update the prices just to make sure and low and behold last week, there was a $100 obc pp that if I had not clicked the blue tab, I would never have known about. Scored $200 in OBC.:D:D

The orange tabs under Saved Cruises works today for me, but I have often found that the feature updating prices often does not work between 11pm and 2 am Central Time (GMT+6). I suspect that Princess modifies their databases during these periods.

The orange tabs under Saved Cruises works today for me, but I have often found that the feature updating prices often does not work between 11pm and 2 am Central Time (GMT+6). I suspect that Princess modifies their databases during these periods.

you are a night owl! even with the time change to pacific, I rarely see those hours! :p

I thought I was doing enough to check the orange button, tonight I learned I also have to check on the cruise itself for obc. wish me luck!

I thought I was doing enough to check the orange button, tonight I learned I also have to check on the cruise itself for obc. wish me luck!

Good luck! I did the same thing a few weeks ago, and ended up with $200 each OBC for DH & I. :cool:

Well I still don't see an orange button, but I did check on the price and it's about $80 cheaper than it was when I booked - not enough of a difference to do anything about it. Now if the difference was $150-200, then I'd ask Princess to give me the difference as OBC. I think I'd rather have OBC than a reduction in cost.

Really!?!?!? I look at ANY price difference as $ towards another memorable excursion!:D

Good luck! I did the same thing a few weeks ago, and ended up with $200 each OBC for DH & I. :cool:

ooh! thanks. :)

Really!?!?!? I look at ANY price difference as $ towards another memorable excursion!:D

treven, if you don't want your $80, pass it along! that's an excursion or tips or quite a few drinks or shopping or specialty restaurants....

Edited by cdngrl

Is there only an orange button, if there has been a change? Because there is no orange button that I can see.

and you are looking at the saved cruises in my princess?

if you've just saved them, they will be blue.

every time you sign in, they are orange until you click on them.

ok, don't see orange tab. I saved under "my princess" and I clicked on "saved cruises", I see my saved cruise and the prices are orange, but no tab, BUT, I click on "details/avail" and it sends me back to the booking pages w/ the prices - is this correct - don't see orange tab - pls help

ok, don't see orange tab. I saved under "my princess" and I clicked on "saved cruises", I see my saved cruise and the prices are orange, but no tab, BUT, I click on "details/avail" and it sends me back to the booking pages w/ the prices - is this correct - don't see orange tab - pls help

Did you just save the cruises? Because if you did, then they are already updated. If you log out then go back to your saved cruises it should be orange and say update now.

Did you just save the cruises? Because if you did, then they are already updated. If you log out then go back to your saved cruises it should be orange and say update now.

wow, I did exactly what you said and ONLY the prices are orange, but no orange tab? I clicked on my princess, saved and shared cruises - clicked on "you have 1 saved cruise" and only orange prices and BLUE "details/avl", any ideas, this is for June 3rd, coral princess

wow, I did exactly what you said and ONLY the prices are orange, but no orange tab? I clicked on my princess, saved and shared cruises - clicked on "you have 1 saved cruise" and only orange prices and BLUE "details/avl", any ideas, this is for June 3rd, coral princess

I just checked mine, I did update the prices this morning, and they are showing the blue tab...I bet tomorrow it will be orange for you.

Details and availability is what it said after I first saved it. Then after I logged out and back in, the same tab changed to orange and said update prices. Once I clicked on that it went back to blue and again said details and availability.

Details and availability is what it said after I first saved it. Then after I logged out and back in, the same tab changed to orange and said update prices. Once I clicked on that it went back to blue and again said details and availability.

That is the way it is suppose to be.