Carnival Luggage Express

zookeeper

Would like to use the Luggage Express on our upcoming November cruise on Magic. Does this work with Southwest airlines?

We just used Luggage Express in Seattle for our Miracle cruise , flew Southwest , and it worked like a charm. Great service , made things a breeze at the airport

Can I ask what this is?

You pay $25, put your luggage out the night before as usual and do not see it until you get off your flight home.

Your boarding pass is printed for you and delivered to you on board, so straight to security...no ticket counter/check-in.

Only some ships & some airlines participate.

We have used it and found it fabulous...no luggage schlepping is great!

You pay $25, put your luggage out the night before as usual and do not see it until you get off your flight home.

Your boarding pass is printed for you and delivered to you on board, so straight to security...no ticket counter/check-in.

Didn't it used to be $20pp or am I thinking of something else? If so when did it go up?

Bill

And I've read some horror stories, too, about luggage that never even made it from the ship to the airport, let alone to the destination. What an awful ending to a great vacation!

I have other things to spend my money on. I'll just keep my luggage with me, thanks! ;)

OP - IF your ship participates, the info will be available on board. I believe they put it in your cabin a day or two before your last day (probably with all the other disembarkation info). I'm not positive because I have no interest, but I know I've seen it.

I have been on a few ships and I have never heard of this! I wonder if they know what airline you have and match it up this way in terms of letting you know about it? That would be a nice convinience!!!

And I've read some horror stories, too, about luggage that never even made it from the ship to the airport, let alone to the destination. What an awful ending to a great vacation!

I have other things to spend my money on. I'll just keep my luggage with me, thanks! ;)

OP - IF your ship participates, the info will be available on board. I believe they put it in your cabin a day or two before your last day (probably with all the other disembarkation info). I'm not positive because I have no interest, but I know I've seen it.

If i remember correctly its usually included with all the papers the steward drops off and must be turned a couple days before the end of the cruise.

Bill

There is indeed a handout paper in your cabin outlining how it works and what airlines are included. You will out your airline information including flight number and they check you in, print boarding passes and give you special luggage tags. It's really simple and I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with it. It's the best $25 I've ever spent.

Edited by Bunkie103

It is great: if it works. Worked perfect for DH. Me? They (carnival has an agent that does it for them) couldn't check me in with American Airlines. So, he had it and I didn't. Unfortunately, that lost the benefit for us. I wish they had just not been able to check either of us in.

Maybe cost depends on where and what airline. We paid $25.00 per cabin from Ft. Lauderdale using Southwest Airlines. We had 4 cabins that used it and it was FABULOUS!!

Our friends did not use it and had to drag their luggage around FTL airport for 4 hours before they could check it.

Love it!!

I haved used it several time and it works great south west united and american and u s air never had a problem best $20.00 spent. Best when i have a late flight out of miami i go to southeach for the day then hope in a cab to the airport . I wonder if its worth paying the $12.50 for early bird check in with south west on the way home along with the luggage express