Why all the Vision of the Seas negativity?

I've personally LOVED reading this thread!

One query I had- I wanted to know opinions on more holidays Vs great rooms?!

Thanks for joining this thread! I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. What is a holidays Vs great room? :confused:

I believe it is a balancing act! I know for my cruise on Vision it was for a special occasion, so I treated myself to a JS and I found 8088 free, so it was a done deal!

What a sweet balacony/cabin she is! That was beyond a treat!

You mentioned a deck 8 aft! You will really enjoy it if it is middle or corner.

Since traveling in a forward E2 on Brilliance I have learned once traveled in a balcony must always travel in a balcony! Now with that said there are ways to accomplish said goal without paying kings ransom! Study & find best cabins! CC, Google, you tube and ask.

I would say book early so you get the best cabin in the category! Usually that gets you pretty much the best price unless you are doing the last second jump on! I have done the plan far ahead strategy for my next 3 sailings! My Liberty I treated myself to a D1 middle Hump cabin on Indy I am in an E2 middle Hump cabin and then I have on Brilliance the corner I guess wrapped; D1 Aft! Not sure it is going to be the wrapped like Vision sweet loving wrapped, but it is that very coveted Deck 9 9256 D1 corner balacony!

My point is you need to study and find the good Lower E's that will cost you less but provide the bang! Case in point my E2 forward on Brilliance! Cost me a lot less, but those forward E2 have a big balcony; come with a table you can eat off of and you could put a lounger on it. Now there are a few drawbacks of not much privacy from upper decks! I didn't mind.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread- but, I am finding it hard to learn about the PV Panoramic ocean view rooms on the vision.

I am trying to decide between deck 7 or 8. Deck 7 says window does not go to floor. Anyone had a room on deck 8 and have a pic? We can not find one.

Also we are trying to find a bed by the window -

Any info anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

It's an interesting question - we are booking on the TA from Copenhagen to New York in August 2017 and are trying to get a PV Stateroom on either Deck 7 or 8. They apparently have all been booked out or removed from the system. They were all in the system yesterday but gone today!

Many on Deck 7 don't have the full window so check which rooms you are looking at.

Hi, we're going on the VOS for our first ever Cruise, 1st holiday in 10 years and Honeymoon (yes, 10 years late) so all the negativity is really disheartening but any holiday is what the individual makes of it.

My husband and I are really looking forward to it just to relax and not have any worries for a week while someone else does all the domestic work and being Ex-Royal Navy I can see me having a ball on board her.

I have to admit this is really getting to me. We have a cruise booked next year. Yes, I've read a few positive reviews as well. I don't plan to cancel based on the awful reviews and postings I've read, but I'd really like to see more positives about this ship and crew. I'm sure many of you had a good experience.

To that end, I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for anyone who has had a good/great/wonderful/fantastic experience on the Vision Of The Seas. In other words, have a thread compiling the Positive aspects all in one place. If you have had more than one cruise on VOS you can tell me about as many as you want.

Since we have yet to sail on her yet, I'm leaving it up to you who have already completed one or more cruises to post your thoughts and comments here on this thread.

The main thing to remember is NO negatively please.

This thread will be useful to anyone who either has a booked cruise or is contemplating one in the future.

Thanks!

My daughter and I sailed on the Vision 2 years ago. It was a wonderful cruise. The nice thing about the Vision is you can be any where on the ship fairly quickly. It is plenty big but not so big you can't use the stairs to go everywhere. The crew was great and the Aerial shows were amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
I have to admit this is really getting to me. We have a cruise booked next year. Yes, I've read a few positive reviews as well. I don't plan to cancel based on the awful reviews and postings I've read, but I'd really like to see more positives about this ship and crew. I'm sure many of you had a good experience.

To that end, I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for anyone who has had a good/great/wonderful/fantastic experience on the Vision Of The Seas. In other words, have a thread compiling the Positive aspects all in one place. If you have had more than one cruise on VOS you can tell me about as many as you want.

Since we have yet to sail on her yet, I'm leaving it up to you who have already completed one or more cruises to post your thoughts and comments here on this thread.

The main thing to remember is NO negatively please.

This thread will be useful to anyone who either has a booked cruise or is contemplating one in the future.

Thanks!

I spent 35 consecutive days on the Vision in April and May this year.

This is a very well run ship. The officers, including Captain Marek were always out and about, checking on every detail.

The most outstanding thing though, was the crew. From the excellent room stewards, dining room waitstaff and bartenders, shop clerks, there was so much friendliness. Even it was a workman, they always had a hello.

The food was very good, and the executive chef, Donna walked through the dining room, asking if we liked the food.

I'm planning on being on the Vision again, and as many more times as I can!:)

I spent 35 consecutive days on the Vision in April and May this year.

This is a very well run ship. The officers, including Captain Marek were always out and about, checking on every detail.

The most outstanding thing though, was the crew. From the excellent room stewards, dining room waitstaff and bartenders, shop clerks, there was so much friendliness. Even it was a workman, they always had a hello.

The food was very good, and the executive chef, Donna walked through the dining room, asking if we liked the food.

I'm planning on being on the Vision again, and as many more times as I can!:)

I wholeheartedly agree. We were on the Vision for 14 nights May/June this year and everything was superb.

I wholeheartedly agree. We were on the Vision for 14 nights May/June this year and everything was superb.

Also agreed we had a week in May and it was one of the best cruises we have been on. I don't think you'll ever have a perfect cruise but this was pretty close. The staff were fab. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]and we thought the mdr food was great we had most meals in there, why have the hustle and bustle of the windjammer when the friendly staff can serve you in the mdr. Also park cafe good

My only small negative was too much karaoke but then some people love that

Can anyone that cruised Vision recently please comment on the spa area. Not services, such as massage, etc, but mostly about sauna, steam room, etc. thank you so much.

I used it several times. Locker room, bathroom, showers, steam room and sauna. Plenty of towels too.

I used it several times. Locker room, bathroom, showers, steam room and sauna. Plenty of towels too.

Thank you, Linda. Is there a thermal suite and perhaps whirlpool, kind of like on Celebrity? I wouldn't expect much from the o,Dee ship, but some of them are pretty nice in those areas.

It's wonderful to read so many positive comments about the VOS. Our original plan to do a Med cruise on her never materialized.

She will be doing some short cruises out of Galveston, TX next year. I'm hoping we can cruise on her then.

This is our 1st cruise and we're really looking forward to it. We chose this ship as we liked the itinerary. Can't wait to see Santorini and Dubrovnik. 55 days and counting

Enjoyed walking the wall in Dubrovnik.

BUT, Santorini was just breath taking - if u manage to take the motor boat excursion that takes you directly to Oia (boat + bus up), you'll enjoy Oia ahead of the crowds very much.

Then the bus takes u to Fira.

Enjoyed walking the wall in Dubrovnik.

BUT, Santorini was just breath taking - if u manage to take the motor boat excursion that takes you directly to Oia (boat + bus up), you'll enjoy Oia ahead of the crowds very much.

Then the bus takes u to Fira.

This is what we are hoping to do, so exciting

I know this is an old thread- but, I am finding it hard to learn about the PV Panoramic ocean view rooms on the vision.

I am trying to decide between deck 7 or 8. Deck 7 says window does not go to floor. Anyone had a room on deck 8 and have a pic? We can not find one.

Also we are trying to find a bed by the window -

Any info anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think Vision's pano rooms are floor to ceiling. The rooms they renovated just didn't work that way.

We were in 7584 and the couch was at the window, so don't choose that one. :)

We may offer a interesting perspective? We are two days into a cruise on Vision. Previous Cruise was Anthem. Previous two were both Indy. We weren't sure what to expect from the smaller, older ship. We chose the itinerary. But so far Vision is really lovely. The food has been superb. I mean really first class. Really good, the staff are noticeably more friendly and attentive. From stateroom attendant to bar staff and throughout the ship. They all have a friendly lack of formality but while retaining their professionalism. We are loving it on Vision.

I can we'll see how Vision has become a firm favourite with some regular cruisers.