How Fast Can We Disembark?

MickyBee

We will be parked at Canada Place for our seven day return Alaskan cruise aboard the Zuiderdam, and I'm wondering how quickly we can get off the ship. We get into port at 7:00 AM and would like to carry our own luggage off the ship, if that's allowed.

Thanks in advance for any helpful thoughts on this :)

Michele

Thanks for your thoughts :)

I know things don't always go as expected. On my first cruise, in Asia, we sat in the skating rink on Voyager of the Seas for almost three hours, waiting to disembark.

So, I guess I should have been more specific in my query: Best case scenario, how quickly could a person be off the ship in Vancouver?

Thanks again,

Michele

Hard to predict.

The ship has to be cleared first before anyone can get off. Sometimes we were cleared in 15 minutes -- sometimes we waited 4 hours.

As a rule disembarkation people are the first to leave the ship which could be as early at 7:15 or as late as 10:30 (thankfully that late time has only happened twice is San Diego).

I do the Alaska cruise every year, and we're always off by 9 - having requested late disembarkation. However, we've never carried our own luggage off. Those that do, get the earliest time. But you have to be able to manage it yourself.

I do the Alaska cruise every year, and we're always off by 9 - having requested late disembarkation. However, we've never carried our own luggage off. Those that do, get the earliest time. But you have to be able to manage it yourself.

As we don't fly out until later in the day, is there somewhere at Canada Place or nearby where one can (safely) leave bags for a few hours?

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I had no idea there was a possibility of disembarking so quickly, and although I won't count on that scenario, it's nice to know we may get home to our pup sooner than I thought was possible.

Kindest regards,

Michele

As we don't fly out until later in the day, is there somewhere at Canada Place or nearby where one can (safely) leave bags for a few hours?

I'm sorry, I honestly have no idea. I'm local so have never needed to do this myself. Perhaps someone else knows.

If I were you, I would put on my sweetest smile, head to the Bell Captain's desk at the Pan Pacific, and ask if they will hold your luggage for the day---for a fee, of course.

Worst that can happen is they say "no"; they might say "yes". If you don't ask, you don't get.

We will be parked at Canada Place for our seven day return Alaskan cruise aboard the Zuiderdam, and I'm wondering how quickly we can get off the ship. We get into port at 7:00 AM and would like to carry our own luggage off the ship, if that's allowed.

Thanks in advance for any helpful thoughts on this :)

Michele

If all goes to plan; and schedule by 0730 hrs

There is a company (Priority Baggage 604-303-4500) right inside Canada Place that stores luggage at the cruise terminal or you can have it transferred to the airport and retrieve it from their secure area there. It worked very well for us last May.

Edited by debrajanders