Extra Onboard Credit

atdahop

[quote name='atdahop']After you book and Princess raises the onboard credit amounts can you call and get that additional increase without cancelling and rebooking?

The prices of the cruises have gone up also.[/QUOTE]

Yes. On our cruise the OBC increased to 200 for all cabins and it was not for new bookings only. Everyone got it and no one had to rebook. :) Edited by janetz

Just called princess and I wasn't able to get the increased onboard credit without cancelling and rebooking but there was a special promotion and I was able to get the fare reduced by $40.00 . Whoo Hoo!!

I guess it never hurts to call

[quote name='atdahop']Just called princess and I wasn't able to get the increased onboard credit without cancelling and rebooking but there was a special promotion and I was able to get the fare reduced by $40.00 . Whoo Hoo!!

I guess it never hurts to call[/quote]

Thats great......
You were lucky, usually as stated its new bookings only.
Never hurts to ask though.

Congrats! 2 weeks ago our fare went down by $200...I called TA and was able to get the lower price without rebooking and keep same cabin. Then last week, Princess was offering an obc of $200...I called TA again and received the $200 obc. That is a savings of $400 in 2 weeks. Never hurts to try!:D

That happened to me earlier this week. I noticed the fare had gone down about $200pp and I called my TA and we got the discount but not the extra OBC they were offering. It wasn't that big, I think $12.50 each.

[quote name='ready2cruzagain']Congrats! 2 weeks ago our fare went down by $200...I called TA and was able to get the lower price without rebooking and keep same cabin. Then last week, Princess was offering an obc of $200...I called TA again and received the $200 obc. That is a savings of $400 in 2 weeks. Never hurts to try!:D[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen to me on my upcoming Panama cruise. We are in the same cabin, but $200 cheaper, and a $200 cabin credit. If you don't ask, the answer is automatically "No". ;)

For a cruise next January they reduced the fare $100 and added $200 per person OBC about 6 weeks ago. I called Princess and they made the changes without any problem at all. About 2 weeks ago they dropped the fare again by another $200. Called again and got the fare reduction.

I keep checking for price drops for my booked cruises every day. Today there was finally a change of price for my upcoming Mexico cruise but it went the wrong direction. D'Oh! :rolleyes: