Quantum blue

ryano

Thought this was interesting. I know Allure and Oasis are a very light baby blue (lighter than this) from a certain point on down to the water.

Like it? Hate it? Who cares?

10557661_10152154229835194_7145426582752236755_o.jpg

Edited by ryano

This looks incredible.

My dad used to work in a dry dock and he has a few photos of him beneath the QE2 back when it had a refit in Southampton....what must be 20 years ago at least - The sheer scale of these ships has always amazed me!

Thought this was interesting. I know Allure and Oasis are a very light baby blue (lighter than this) from a certain point on down to the water.

Like it? Hate it? Who cares?

10557661_10152154229835194_7145426582752236755_o.jpg

"LOVE IT" I think it's gorgeous! Quantum is stunning. :)

Edited by Babyrocko1908

Like the blue

But, how do you know that this is not just the primer

One might guess that because the ship name has been painted on and the indicators marking the bulbous bow and thrusters that the blue paint is the final coat.

Are convinced it is blue?

Very much so convinced. It makes sense being that Oasis and Allure are also a very light shaded sky/baby blue from a certain point on down to the waterline.

10572183_538795912891984_8481251246005029872_o.jpg

Very much so convinced. It makes sense being that Oasis and Allure are also a very light shaded sky/baby blue from a certain point on down to the waterline.

Your probably right, but I've seen sodium lights really throw off the colors, especially when viewed in photographs later. My FIL once stood in a parking lot looking for his red car, he was standing next to what he thought was a brown car, turns out it was his.

I'm also convinced it is blue. If you look closely, you can see a white border around the bow area. It is a clean, straight line separating the two colors.

You may be right, but the angle of those two surfaces is different and would reflect differently. I just a photo on facebook of Meyer workers at ground level and the water line down is dark blue around the thuster and bow bulb. I still think the photo looks bluer than it really is. I'm still guessing its the same color as the other newer ships. I've been married 33 years, so I'm use to being wrong once in awhile.

You may be right, but the angle of those two surfaces is different and would reflect differently. I just a photo on facebook of Meyer workers at ground level and the water line down is dark blue around the thuster and bow bulb. I still think the photo looks bluer than it really is. I'm still guessing its the same color as the other newer ships. I've been married 33 years, so I'm use to being wrong once in awhile.

I'm not sure if you understood about the line I was talking about. I was referring to the white border right below the helipad area. It is the same angle as the blue area. However, I do agree it will probably be lighter in daylight.