How quickly does C&A status update?

jani

We will be going from Platinum C&A to Diamond C&A between our cruises in January (kind of a back to back Enchantment - Navigator). We will board the second cruise the day we get of the first one (this cruise will get us to 10 cruise credits).

Has anyone had the same situation and what was your experience as to the new C&A level being directly recognized on the second cruise? Or did you have to see the Loyalty Ambassador to update your level? And was this done easily?

Thanks,

-jani

You have to complete your 10th cruise to be recognized as diamond. After your 10th cruise it takes about 1 - 2 months before it will show at your new status. Sorry, I know this is not the answer you wanted to her.

Thanks Ellen, The first one of the two will have us complete the 10th (the second week -the Navigator cruise- will be number 11). Well if the status does not update automatically that quickly, I hope at least that the Loyalty Ambassador will be able to manually update our status for the cruise (I wouldn't want to miss on the Concierge lounge....;) )

-jani

jani (I LOVE your black cat avatar) - I have read anecdotal evidence on these message boards of people in your identical situation who have been able to have their new, upgraded C & A status recognized during the second leg of a B2B, such as you describe. In case no such first hand account is posted here, this is what I recall: they had to go to the Loyalty Ambassador and/or the purser, who called Miami, verified the status, and okayed everything. I don't remember if they "alerted" anyone ahead of time, or if that helped. I would contact C & A now, before the cruise, and see if they have any advice for you.

Good luck.

Carol

I agree that you should be able to have the Loyalty Ambassador fix you right up! We reached our next C & A level in between two cruises that were 3 weeks apart. As soon as I got home from the first cruise I called C & A to make sure they updated my level and gave me the appropriate discount for the upcoming cruise and they already had me updated in the system one day after my cruise. It was no problem at all!

You should go to the Loyalty Ambassador.....that worked for me when changing from Gold to Platinum....the Loyalty Ambassador on the ship took my "gold member" coupon booklet, gave me the platinum member coupon booklet and put a sticker on my seapass card that indicated platinum member status. I too will be changing to Diamond in October....and cruising again 3 weeks later, so will have to do the same thing in November and go to the Loyalty Ambassador for the change. She just looks it up on the computer and makes the change for you.

Have fun on your cruise!

Thanks everyone for your answers. I will contact C&A before the cruises, and if that fails I will see the Loyalty Ambassador as soon as possible after we board

-jani

We had to see the Loyalty Ambassodar on a BTB. She gave us the lounge key on that ship, it was one week ahead of time. We will have the same problem on our Nov-Dec cruises. We will turn Diamond Plus after our last BTB in NOV, and then run over the pier and join our 2 Dec cruise as Diamond Plus. I will start trying to get the upgrade started on the first of our BTB in Nov, and see what happens. You can but try.. ricko1 :)

We were on the July 23-August 4 Brilliance of the Seas trip to the Mediterranean, and received a letter from Royal Caribbean in less than a week advising us of our upgrade from Gold to the next level. It also mentioned that we were already automatically credited with Celebrity for the next level, too.

Allen

After our 5th cruise did not credit, I called RCL. Their answer was that they could not do anything until 3 months had passed. After three months, I called again and they were then manually able to give credit for the cruise. Seems like they could get better software.

It also look over 3 months for our cruise to show up in their files to upgrade us to Platinum status. The C & A reps I spoke with blamed in on the ships. Apparently they need to upload their passenger lists back to corporate for you credits to appear. Some ships do this weekly and others do it quarterly. I'm sure if you are doing a B2B though, the loyalty ambassador onboard will be able to handle the upgrade for you. Enjoy!

Archived