Sundays in St. Kitts on Royal Princess...

RickEk

I have asked this question on the St. Kitts board but also wanted to ask it here for all the Princess folks who may have visited St. Kitts in the past. My friend (and hopefully me) is taking the New Year's cruise on Royal Princess and will be at St. Kitts on a Sunday. Does anyone know if the local shops/restaurants will be open? He visited Curacao once on a Sunday and it was pretty much closed up tighter than a drum and he wanted to know if St. Kitts was the same...

Thanks in advance for any responses!

I have asked this question on the St. Kitts board but also wanted to ask it here for all the Princess folks who may have visited St. Kitts in the past. My friend (and hopefully me) is taking the New Year's cruise on Royal Princess and will be at St. Kitts on a Sunday. Does anyone know if the local shops/restaurants will be open? He visited Curacao once on a Sunday and it was pretty much closed up tighter than a drum and he wanted to know if St. Kitts was the same...

We haven't actually been there on a Sunday but I know the shops and restaurants we went to aren't open on a Sunday. However the tours operate 7 days a week and most of St Kitts is about beautiful scenery. It is a lush island, very green (and sometimes rainy). We've done a couple of tours, but last time I discovered I had cousins 4 times removed going back 200 years so that was pretty neat meeting up with them so guess I'm biased!!

The only time we were in St. Kitts was on a Sunday AND the day after the general election. The town was dead and looked entirely closed. There were some shops and eating establishments open in the port area however. We tasted some flavored runs and bought some in a nice hand painted bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Go on a tour of this beautiful island. I used Thenford Grey and he was amazing! I never went in a shop and I was there for 5 days.

We were in St. Kitts Christmas Day coming up three years ago and everything was open and business as usual.

My friend (and hopefully me) is taking the New Year's cruise on Royal Princess and will be at St. Kitts on a Sunday. Does anyone know if the local shops/restaurants will be open?.

In St. Kitts there is a port side mall constructed just for cruise ships. Stores in this mall will be open when the ship docks. Years ago, before this mall was built, all the shopping and stores were in downtown Basseterre around Independence Sq. and the famous clock. But now that area is mostly empty of tourist stores. All tours Princess and private will still operate.