Cunard World Cruise 2016 information

Austcruiser84

It's great to see some change in itineraries. I bet the QM2 World Voyage will be popular - not sure when (or if) she has done that route before.

Hi Kathy. QM2 sailed around South America in 2010. We picked her up in Singapore on the way back.

On her world cruise in 2012 we were told in no uncertain terms by Commodore Rynd that Cunard had no intention of sending her around again as they has experienced problem with docking in Montevideo dredging the harbour etc .

Acting on this info we booked a world cruise for the following year on P&O to do the South American trip. Big Mistake but you live and learn.

So I am happy to see QM2 will be doing this but sorry there is no call in Buenos Aires or the Falklands. We will book anyhow as I missed out on most ports of call there whilst on P&O. Hope you are well. Maggie.

Edited by maggiemou

QM2 was never going to Kangaroo Island.

Originally Posted by WillH

These summaries don't contain all the ports of call.

For QV, the full Australia schedule (according to a US travel agent site)is as follows:

Monday, February 29, 2016 Sydney, Australia Arrive Early Morning Depart Even

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 At Sea

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 Hobart, Tasmania Arrive Early Morning Depart Early

Thursday, March 3, 2016 At Sea

Friday, March 4, 2016 Kangaroo Island, Australia Arrive Early Morning Te

Saturday, March 5, 2016 At Sea

Sunday, March 6, 2016 Melbourne, Australia Arrive Early Morning Depart E

Monday, March 7, 2016 At Sea

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 Sydney, Australia Arrive Early Morning Overnight

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 Sydney, Australia Depart Evening

Thursday, March 10, 2016 At Sea

Friday, March 11, 2016 Brisbane, Australia Arrive Early Morning Depart Ea

Saturday, March 12, 2016 At Sea

Sunday, March 13, 2016 Airlie Beach, Australia Arrive Early Morning Tende

Monday, March 14, 2016 At Sea

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 At Sea

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 At Sea

Thursday, March 17, 2016 Darwin, Australia Arrive Early Morning Depart Earl

Will

Sorry, I can't see any reference to QM2 in the mention of Kangaroo Island in the thread, only QV.:confused:

Though others seem to have no problem, Silversea, Holland America, Celebrity, Princess and others.

We have been to the Falklands twice, QE2 and Spirit of Adventure. One of the best ports of call.

David.

Full itineraries for all ships in the attached Excel file

Go on sale 9th Sept in the UK

Balcony prices from(GBP): QE 17,999 QV 17399 and QM2 16,699 per person

There look to be lost of segments available going on sale at the same time according to the site I've seen

cunard2016.xls

Edited by cruiser1955
added sale date

Full itineraries for all ships in the attached Excel file

Go on sale 9th Sept in the UK

Balcony prices from(GBP): QE 17,999 QV 17399 and QM2 16,699 per person

There look to be lost of segments available going on sale at the same time according to the site I've seen

Thanks for posting that. It has great detail. Do you have anything with the segment stops indicated? I'm especially interested in QM2.

Thanks for posting that. It has great detail. Do you have anything with the segment stops indicated? I'm especially interested in QM2.

Drop me an email (see signature) and I'll send you some info. Far too much to extract and post here

Yes, I agree. I am glad to see QM2 doing the "real" circumnavigation as she is the one I would most enjoy being on in rough seas. One little issue for me is that out of 120 days, only 38 ports. Add the 4 overnights as port days and that still leaves 78 sea days. I know all are tired of hearing about the "good old days" but there used to be more port calls in a 90 day circumnavigation. Are all those sea days too much?

Yes, I agree. I am glad to see QM2 doing the "real" circumnavigation as she is the one I would most enjoy being on in rough seas. One little issue for me is that out of 120 days, only 38 ports. Add the 4 overnights as port days and that still leaves 78 sea days. I know all are tired of hearing about the "good old days" but there used to be more port calls in a 90 day circumnavigation. Are all those sea days too much?

Not wishing to appear cynical, it is cheaper for the ships to be at sea than in port, plus passengers will spend more on the ship if they aren't in the port. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Not wishing to appear cynical, it is cheaper for the ships to be at sea than in port, plus passengers will spend more on the ship if they aren't in the port. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

That is exactly the way I read it as well. Where it used to be two days between certain ports, now it is done in 4 or 5.

That is exactly the way I read it as well. Where it used to be two days between certain ports, now it is done in 4 or 5.

Slower speeds in the interest of fuel economy means that it takes more time to get from point A to point B, meanwhile a captive audience spend more money on board.

Slower speeds in the interest of fuel economy means that it takes more time to get from point A to point B, meanwhile a captive audience spend more money on board.

I agree with this statement. However having done two QM2 world Cruises and the one QE this year, I know for a fact most world cruiser don't spent much money on board. Some people don't spent any money at all! One lady I know does the WC each year and never spends anything on-board other their OB spend.

She wouldn't even buy a bottle of nail polish remover, said no not paying these prices which made me laugh. I gave her mine :)

Edited by maggiemou

My first impression was go on the QM2 as she is doing South America. Now I am not sure as I really wanted to see Buenos Aries and/of The Falklands. We have done this cruise already and we missed theses ports out as Buenos Aries was cancelled and the Falklands we could not get in. So now I am not too sure as also after she leaves Chile, there are eight see days. No stop in the Pacific which to me is one of the past places to cruise. I love the Pacific Islands. No stop at Tonga, Noumea , Boros Bora or Pago Pago or Apia.

One stop at Papeete and the next day in Moorea. You can see Moorea in a day from Papeete as there is a ferry crosses over , costs a few dollars and takes one hour or less to get there. We did it last year in the morning arrived back at 2-30 and then explored Papeete. So If a ferry can cross in one hour why does QM2 need an overnight cruise to there?

So that to me is a big let down. I have waited since 2010 for QM2 to back round the Horn. Now I feel her ports are not as good as they could have been. I shall have to study the itineraries closely.

My TA got back to me; the sale doesn't start until September 9th, so no pricing until then.

Hi CateW. I just received an e-mail from Cunard announcing the World Club pre sale of 2016 World & Exotic Voyages. To quote in part:

"...We are pleased to announce your VIP access to our 2016 World Voyages. As a valued World Club Member, we invite you to take advantage of this one-day pre-sale access 9 September starting at 12:00 a.m. PT. You will have access to the best itineraries and staterooms for your world adventure before sales open to the general public on 10 September."

No prices were mentioned in that e-mail, but maybe the fares will eventually appear on the Cunard web page :) -S.

Hi CateW. I just received an e-mail from Cunard announcing the World Club pre sale of 2016 World & Exotic Voyages. To quote in part:

"...We are pleased to announce your VIP access to our 2016 World Voyages. As a valued World Club Member, we invite you to take advantage of this one-day pre-sale access 9 September starting at 12:00 a.m. PT. You will have access to the best itineraries and staterooms for your world adventure before sales open to the general public on 10 September."

No prices were mentioned in that e-mail, but maybe the fares will eventually appear on the Cunard web page :) -S.

You are right, I will be checking every day. Hopefully, we can make this happen.

Here is a link to the UK online brochure. It has full prices and runs to around 150 pages

https://cunard.inbro.net/seeinsidebrochure/Cunard_World-Voyages-2016/doublepage

It isn't hosted on the Cunard website so may be available to those of you across the pond. UK prices include all taxes

da*m., got really excited about the Victoria half world Sydney to Southampton with all the different ports...finally something to get excited about with Cunard...and then realised that Ascension Island and Cape Verde are just sailbys,

After looking at the islands on Utube, there is little to see by sailing passed as opposed to being on land amongst the wildlife so they will be a non start. They are not like Easter Island or Pitcairn which we did this year and even the sail passed was something and there was plenty to see.

Wondering what the point is for Cunard to add in an Island that they pass anyway on the way up the coast, is it just that they can have the name on the Itin and have it look more impressive? A bit disappointing after all....