Rollout Schedule for new "Suite" makeover

(Though I find it odd to be called Mr Gregory and not Mr Moreton).

I am frequently called "Mrs Richard" [Richard is my husband's given name] on board Celebrity. I even have a table place card with that name printed on it. I have got used to it and answer to it now!

Edited by Project_gal

In post 11, I read under "Complimentary Amenities/Experiences"

• In-suite afternoon high-end tea service
  • Delivery of afternoon savouries

In one of the attachments in post 12 it reads under "Services" (among others)

• in-suite afternoon tea service, daily evening hors d'oeuvres.

None of these is marked as a new suite perk.

What is the difference between afternoon savouries, evening hors d'oeuvres, and afternoon high-end tea service?

Just to find out if I want to go UK or US :) for our cruise in October.

Do you think there will be a very different menu or just the food as in the MDR with one or two specials ?

Scotslizzy

"Each meal will feature unique menus that offer sumptuous dishes not available anywhere else onboard. Guests can truly immerse themselves in the local culture with specially crafted menus inspired by the local destination, and enjoy the world’s best ingredients. Memorable and inspiring dishes will be served, from locally caught seafood, to the freshest pasta."

It seems perhaps we may even get some local flavour :-)

In post 11, I read under "Complimentary Amenities/Experiences"

• In-suite afternoon high-end tea service
  • Delivery of afternoon savouries

In one of the attachments in post 12 it reads under "Services" (among others)

• in-suite afternoon tea service, daily evening hors d'oeuvres.

None of these is marked as a new suite perk.

What is the difference between afternoon savouries, evening hors d'oeuvres, and afternoon high-end tea service?

Just to find out if I want to go UK or US :) for our cruise in October.

Afternoon savories come around 3:30, IF you are in the cabin. A plate of humus, chips, maybe a shrimp or 2 and some olives.

Tea service some on a cart with coffee tea, an assortment of tea sandwiches and an assortment of deserts. You can pick and choose, or let your butler know to leave if not in cabin

Evening hors d'oeuvres is a cheese plate or shrimp plate delivered after 5 or so.

None are new benefits, all currently happen (at least all 3 are current in Royals and above from my experience).

Looks very similar to norwegian suite life... Interesting

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I agree.

Does anyone know how many reclining loungers are on the balconies of higher suites on Celebrity now? More than one, or does it remain changeable based on staff's discrestion per ship for more than one?

I agree.

Does anyone know how many reclining loungers are on the balconies of higher suites on Celebrity now? More than one, or does it remain changeable based on staff's discrestion per ship for more than one?

Rpyal and PH only have 1 and its not "adjustable" its more of a normal chaise lounger type of outdoor furniture piece. comfy with back support pillow that can adjust though.

This is from RS and PH Eclipse, PH Reflection. PH on Connie had 2 maybe 4 but that veranda is ginormous.. DO not recall the type in RS on Connie, and CS on Summit had none, but butler brought me one from pool deck when I asked.

Edited by cle-guy

One thing that has bothered me is the difference in perks between the Celebrity Suite and the Royal Suite. I generally prefer the openness of the Celebrity Suite over the Royal Suite on Millennium class ships. The cost difference between the two for a seven day cruise may be as little as two hundred dollars, in which case its smarter to take the Royal Suite for the additional perks. It is a dilemma.

One thing that has bothered me is the difference in perks between the Celebrity Suite and the Royal Suite. I generally prefer the openness of the Celebrity Suite over the Royal Suite on Millennium class ships. The cost difference between the two for a seven day cruise may be as little as two hundred dollars, in which case its smarter to take the Royal Suite for the additional perks. It is a dilemma.

We TOTALLY agree.

We think it is worth a bigger difference for the perks of the RS, but do like the openness of the CS MUCH better. I wish they would even it up a bit.

In all fairness, we have only been to a few parties in RS on M-Class, not stayed in one, but we're due to on Summit on 8/24. We still have a lot of days booked in CS in Nov / Dec that will be GREAT (pre-benefits) but after that, all of our current bookings are RS as the difference in price per week made sense. I hope we like it, but I do think I'll miss those windows!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I am frequently called "Mrs Richard" [Richard is my husband's given name] on board Celebrity. I even have a table place card with that name printed on it. I have got used to it and answer to it now!
Then it seems only fair that they should call your husband Mister Sue. :D

Edited by fleckle

Then it seems only fair that they should call your husband Mister Sue. :D

Never happens!

There were 4 loungers [2 x 2 different types] on both Connie PH balconies last December. Think it was the same on Infinity immediately following the 2011 dry dock [when the bar and flower troughs were removed] but, as we only visited, I cannot be certain. I cannot remember the number of loungers on the M-class [Connie & Infinity] RS balconies but I believe that it was two [both before and after Soisticiation].

Afternoon savories come around 3:30, IF you are in the cabin. A plate of humus, chips, maybe a shrimp or 2 and some olives.

Tea service some on a cart with coffee tea, an assortment of tea sandwiches and an assortment of deserts. You can pick and choose, or let your butler know to leave if not in cabin

Evening hors d'oeuvres is a cheese plate or shrimp plate delivered after 5 or so.

Thanks cle-guy for that clarification.

There is some hope for our sweet teeth then!

No on Celebrity they come regardless in our experiences both long in the past through to recent

Edited by uktog