Bermuda Weather - This week

Sheffy

Leaving on the Summit tomorrow (8-10-14). Just checked the weather for Bermuda and finding rain forecast (80% - 90%) for Wed, Thur and Fri. Great time will be had regardless, just wondering if anyone else has heard the same or different?

I was in Bermuda almost 2 years ago at the same time as Hurricane Leslie. We'd kind of run out between the bands of the hurricane and get back inside during the wind and rain. It was a great cruise but since I barely saw Bermuda.. I'll be there 3 weeks from tomorrow, believing that lightening (and hurricanes) can't strike twice.

Looking at weather.com, nobody is going to tell you any

different. The 10 day forecast shows between 40% to 90% chance

rain every day. So, be prepared for rain.

Edited by Lois R

We had the same type of forecast for our just completed Alaska cruise. We had a little rain in Juneau and a brief shower in Ketchikan. Denali was 90% chance of rain and the sun was out the whole time we were on the Tundra Wildness Tour. The rest of the 2 weeks were fine. I just wish I had a job where I could be wrong 70% of the time and made as much as weather forecasters. :D

Enjoy your cruise, what ever the weather.

Mary Lou

Leaving on the Summit tomorrow (8-10-14). Just checked the weather for Bermuda and finding rain forecast (80% - 90%) for Wed, Thur and Fri. Great time will be had regardless, just wondering if anyone else has heard the same or different?

Probably means you'll have short showers.

I was in Bermuda almost 2 years ago at the same time as Hurricane Leslie. We'd kind of run out between the bands of the hurricane and get back inside during the wind and rain. It was a great cruise but since I barely saw Bermuda.. I'll be there 3 weeks from tomorrow, believing that lightening (and hurricanes) can't strike twice.

From your mouth to God's ears :)

We had rain on and off Thursday but went to the beach anyway. Lots of people at Tobacco Bay. They had a canopy up that people put their stuff under. Figured we were wet anyway. Make sure you have a waterproof bag, plastic bags for electronics, rain coats and just go.

The lady in the visitors center said that it was suppose to be lightening the next day but Friday was sunny and beautiful.