5 Nights of Smart Casual

Is this a 7 day cruise?

The standard for this is 2 Formal and 5 Smart Casual.

If a 5 day cruise, you should phone HAL Ship Service and confirm that they won't have any Formal nights. Usually they do.

It is a 5 night cruise....I did call HAL and they confirmed its 5 nights smart casual. Do you know if nice jeans are allowed in the dining room? We have excursions planned and may not have time to change before dinner.

Is this a 7 day cruise?

The standard for this is 2 Formal and 5 Smart Casual.

If a 5 day cruise, you should phone HAL Ship Service and confirm that they won't have any Formal nights. Usually they do.

Agree - is this a 7-day cruise? If so, there will be 2 formal nights.

Edited to say - I was posting at the same time that you confirmed it was a 5-day. Still, it seems unusual that there will not be a formal night.

Edited by seadrifter

I am surprised that the Statendam isn't having at least 1 formal night on your coastal cruise.

We have been on repositioning cruises which included a 5 day coastal cruise and we had 1 formal night.

I have been on a 5 night Coastal without a formal and one with 1 formal, so it depends.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

You can very likely wear jeans. Take a look at the dress code on the HAL website: can't remember exactly what it says these days.

As this cruise is part of a longer cruise some pax will dress more "smart casual" than others.

We've been on a lot of such cruises and never really saw a lot of jeans in the Dining Room. That seems to be reserved for Alaska.

I've been on a number of 5 day cruises on HA; several had one formal night, one was all smart casual and one - the tail end of a World Cruise - had "formal optional." The "5 dayers" had been told 5 days of smart casual, but the World Cruisers expected one last formal night. The dining room looked interesting that night for sure!

It is a 5 night cruise....I did call HAL and they confirmed its 5 nights smart casual. Do you know if nice jeans are allowed in the dining room? We have excursions planned and may not have time to change before dinner.

Seriously, how long does it take to change a pair of pants????:rolleyes: