Disgusted Cruiser

No wonder, ageism is another form of discrimination which people won't tolerate.

But with the aging baby boom generation we will be amongst peers for many years to come.

Heck I am just past middle age if I live as long as great gramma101, gramma105, mom 91. Lot of years left to cruise. My gramma went to Europe for the fist time at 78, first cruise at 80.

It is unusual for a troll to start a thread though so credit for that.;)

Actually, there are many troll threads that have been started on this site... they tend to get the most responses as they control the heading and the OP is readily visible.

The OP says he/she works for Carnival, no doubt at Carnival Australia office in North Sydney, which handles Carnival, P&O, Princess and perhaps a couple of others. I just hope I don't get he or she on the line when I call them up about my Defence Force OBC, dining times or cabin change request. My age will be a barrier.

Well, I retired at 55 and have done 16 cruises in the past 11 years, but I don't want to be another dinosaur on the ships, so I will retire gracefully from cruising, that might make the OP happy. After all I don't want the Carnival Corp ships to turn into 'floating aged care facilities' from their current status, to wit.... 'floating RSL clubs.' LOL.

Edited by NSWP

The OP says he/she works for Carnival, no doubt at Carnival Australia office in North Sydney, which handles Carnival, P&O, Princess and perhaps a couple of others. I just hope I don't get he or she on the line when I call them up about my Defence Force OBC, dining times or cabin change request. My age will be a barrier.

Well, I retired at 55 and have done 16 cruises in the past 11 years, but I don't want to be another dinosaur on the ships, so I will retire gracefully from cruising, that might make the OP happy. After all I don't want the Carnival Corp ships to turn into 'floating aged care facilities' from their current status, to wit.... 'floating RSL clubs.' LOL.

I think you will be fine Les, just keep ageing like the lucky ones do it is so much better than the alternative.:D

But what do we do with all the meat trays we win? They will need to install BBQs up by the pool.:p

Indeed Mic my boy, the meat trays won't fit in the cabin fridges. No matter, I will be playing bingo with the pom dinosaurs on Aurora next year, just booked it to Canada/New England from/to Southampton. The blue rinse ladies will be on board that floating bingo hall.

Edited by NSWP

Hey Troll.....I was working for P&O while you were still wearing nappies. I have been cruising for 35 years. The age range on board these days is much broader than back then. I can remember some cruises on the old Oriana where the Stern Gallery had maybe 20-25 regulars at night - the sum total of the under 30s!

But now, those pesky oldies, how dare they spoil the oh so cool ambience onboard. Oh wait....I think the wall to wall bogans may have already done that

We should all just ignore the troll he/she cannot even spell correctly when describing himself/herself in the title should be spelt DISGUSTING Cruiser not disgusted and it should CRUISE FOOL not cruise cool. And just for my two cents worth ..working down at the cruise terminals as I do I see plenty of younger cruisers, not just the old farts but a really good mixture of all age groups. anyway if the troll really does work at Carnival and is correct in what he/she says ...he /she will be out of a job soon anyway..which is a good thing.:rolleyes:

PS. I did think it was just Karate Man posting under "another" assumed name at first but it was good to see he came out and supported us oldies..well done Sutho.:D:D

Edited by gbenjo

Don't worry too much, Cruisercool. With the itineraries that are coming up in 2015 and 16 on RCI it will be all the new to cruising crowd, as there cruises suck during this period. You can only see the south pacific so many times before you don't need to see them again.

This is the reason I am going back to Princess, at least they have some that go to places other than Vila, Lifou and Noumea. RCI have a couple of 14 nighters from Brisbane to NZ and one 18 nighter from Singapore up until the end of the 16 season, (not including repo cruisers). All the rest are 11 nights and under to the usual locations.

Squarely aimed at first timers and the younger age group.

Don't worry too much, Cruisercool. With the itineraries that are coming up in 2015 and 16 on RCI it will be all the new to cruising crowd, as there cruises suck during this period. You can only see the south pacific so many times before you don't need to see them again.

This is the reason I am going back to Princess, at least they have some that go to places other than Vila, Lifou and Noumea. RCI have a couple of 14 nighters from Brisbane to NZ and one 18 nighter from Singapore up until the end of the 16 season, (not including repo cruisers). All the rest are 11 nights and under to the usual locations.

Squarely aimed at first timers and the younger age group.

I know where you are coming from but, to be fair, where else can they go? Australia is geographically located such that apart from "the islands" and NZ there are not many other destinations that are close enough to visit on an 11 day cruise. If you start making all the cruises longer 18 -20 day or longer then half the people who want to go on a cruise will not be able to as there will be no ships to go on.The longer cruises also attract that awful DISGUSTING older age group so we would not want that would we.:D:D

The cruiselines are, after all, in the business of making a profit and you would think that someone on a 20 day cruise would spend less money,on a daily average, than someone on a 11 dayer. RCI also look as though they are aiming to be using the bigger ships, Voyager & Explorer, so there will be ports that cannot accommodate the larger ships. eg, We cruised around to Perth on the Radiance and she was too big to berth in Broome and went to Port Headland instead.:eek::eek: I guess floating around the South Pacific for a week is still not a bad holiday so if they make the ship the destination, it may not really matter where you go.

Don't forget the longer the cruise, the older the clientele in general which will mean the higher chance of someone passing away on board. :(.

I can only imagine how much more irritating that would be for the OP. :rolleyes: not only do oldies have the hide to cruise & enjoy themselves but whilst doing so, they also up n die on board...... Just disgraceful behaviour you oldies :mad:. Hang your heads in shame. Leaving this world doing what you love instead of staring at 4x walls of a hospital room. Tsk tsk. What are you lot thinking?? I can see why the OP is so annoyed now!!!! :p

*grabs some of Mic's popcorn & winks at Billy&Charlie's mum on the way past*

Some great points being made and some excellent offers of sharing the couch and eating my popcorn.

We should all bring some popcorn, do some people watching and then and conduct straw polls on the ship's demographics when we do our next cruises and have aspreadsheet where we can statistically report that cruiseline A is much older than cruiseline B and cruiseline C is only younger when doing cruises under 7 nights, etc.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Some great points being made and some excellent offers of sharing the couch and eating my popcorn.

We should all bring some popcorn, do some people watching and then and conduct straw polls on the ship's demographics when we do our next cruises and have aspreadsheet where we can statistically report that cruiseline A is much older than cruiseline B and cruiseline C is only younger when doing cruises under 7 nights, etc.:D

Oh absolutely.

Put me down as a research assistant. I'll be busy milling about, chatting, drinking & eating with all types whilst on board. I may get a little distracted with the wines & enjoying myself with a cross demographic of pax including age, gender and race, but I will do my best to report accurately.

Of cause if I miss any real data, I can just make it up & return here to cite it as fact! It has worked for the OP, so I'm sure I'll be able to pull it off!!! :D:p

Oh absolutely.

Put me down as a research assistant. I'll be busy milling about, chatting, drinking & eating with all types whilst on board. I may get a little distracted with the wines & enjoying myself with a cross demographic of pax including age, gender and race, but I will do my best to report accurately.

Of cause if I miss any real data, I can just make it up & return here to cite it as fact! It has worked for the OP, so I'm sure I'll be able to pull it off!!! :D:p

Using lies and statistics are you a pollie.:eek: