Coffee card at Cove Cafe

bsddsc

for those who love coffee and coffee drinks, Cove Cafe is a great place to enjoy specialty coffee drinks. But did you know you can get a Coffee punch card? Buy 5 get the 6th drink free !

We get them every cruise. If you don't use one up, it is transferable from cruise to cruise. Mine sits with my passport so I always know where it is.

Our favorite drink is the Frozen Mochachino. All of the land based coffee places I have tried use too much chocolate and you don't get the coffee flavor. Cafe Cove's is perfect.

But do watch the person making it. On our last cruise, the bartender started making it with a chocolate base mix. We both tried to tell him it was wrong, its needs to be vanilla. But he insisted and made it anyway. He was wrong, we were right and he had to make it over.

I digress :o... coffee drinkers get your coffee cards on your next cruise.

for those who love coffee and coffee drinks, Cove Cafe is a great place to enjoy specialty coffee drinks. But did you know you can get a Coffee punch card? Buy 5 get the 6th drink free !

We get them every cruise. If you don't use one up, it is transferable from cruise to cruise. Mine sits with my passport so I always know where it is.

Our favorite drink is the Frozen Mochachino. All of the land based coffee places I have tried use too much chocolate and you don't get the coffee flavor. Cafe Cove's is perfect.

But do watch the person making it. On our last cruise, the bartender started making it with a chocolate base mix. We both tried to tell him it was wrong, its needs to be vanilla. But he insisted and made it anyway. He was wrong, we were right and he had to make it over.

Not a lunch card I call it a stamp card and used it at Cove Cafe you can use it on any cruise just bring it back

I like the Toledo Coffee.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Can you use the card in the dining room for cappuccinos?

Also, can you use it for the specialty teas?

And while I'm asking - is there any green tea available not for a fee anywhere on the ship?

Thanks in advance.

And while I'm asking - is there any green tea available not for a fee anywhere on the ship?

Thanks in advance.

I've had green tea (think it was Twinings) in the MDRs for dinner, and at the drink station:

3582vs8.jpg

They buy different teas on the Med cruises. One dining manager told us that they'd bought the "good stuff" and their UK guests wanted the cheap stuff...so they started carrying it. Yes, we have noticed different selections on the trans-Atlantics and Meds than on the Port Canaveral cruises. This photo is still totally representative of a Port Canaveral cruise.

Thanks in advance.

Most of these have already been answered. Its for any coffee or tea type drink which you pay for in Cove Cafe. But it is only for those in Cove Cafe.

Nice to see someone posted a photo of the tea station which shows the green tea. I have to say, they have different teas in the dining rooms from what is upstairs. And since I do not like the dining room teas, I bring a couple bags with me from topside. Someone said they had PG Tips, which is good too. But I love Twinings.

(even sometimes the dining room coffee is too weak or too cold for me. I just grab one topside instead because it always tastes better and is stronger.)

They buy different teas on the Med cruises. One dining manager told us that they'd bought the "good stuff" and their UK guests wanted the cheap stuff...so they started carrying it. Yes' date=' we have noticed different selections on the trans-Atlantics and Meds than on the Port Canaveral cruises. This photo is still totally representative of a Port Canaveral cruise.[/quote']

LOL!

That "manger" though he would impress the UK Guests with a large selection of select teas, when all they wanted was TG Tips, Tetley or Yorkshire Tea. And yes they cost a lot less, but it was what the Guest from that location is used to.

He obviously has no idea about British tea, and how tastes can vary from location, the different blends, and even county to county depending on the hardness of the water supply, nor the taste difference!

ex techie

Yes, but he scores points for trying. And when he/they learned what the Brits wanted, they added it to the selection.

Now if I could just get them to stock Splenda...One should not pay thousands for a cruise and have to bring her own sweetener so the line can save a few pennies. That "NutraSweet Yellow" is foul! Funny because at home I buy a store brand--same product as Splenda at a lower cost. But that stuff on board has an icky chemical taste. Come on , Dis.....

Yes' date=' but he scores points for trying. And when he/they learned what the Brits wanted, they added it to the selection.

Now if I could just get them to stock Splenda...One should not pay thousands for a cruise and have to bring her own sweetener so the line can save a few pennies. That "NutraSweet Yellow" is foul! Funny because at home I buy a store brand--same product as Splenda at a lower cost. But that stuff on board has an icky chemical taste. Come on , Dis.....[/quote']

F- for research, and I guess a B for effort afterwards and overall, a D for execution and delivery.

Surely there were enough British crew onboard to ask what they drink at home BEFORE he had to reorder?

I agree about the sweeteners. I'm going to guess there is a sole supplier contract that they are tied into, not that it should matter to the Guest and dumb on DCL's part.

You know as well as I do they scrimp and save at every opportunity they can just to save pennies and not give a stuff about the little things that make it special anymore!

ex techie

Yeah, we've had servers tell us that there is always a family or two who want the real Splenda on each cruise. Every since the time that they TOLD me they had it and then they didn't, I bring a box of my own. I can't count on them, no matter what they say. Sometimes they have it, most of the time not.

Yeah' date=' we've had servers tell us that there is always a family or two who want the real Splenda on each cruise. Every since the time that they TOLD me they had it and then they didn't, I bring a box of my own. I can't count on them, no matter what they say. Sometimes they have it, most of the time not.[/quote']

Been there. I keep a bag of Splenda in my computer case and one in my suitcase. I hate getting stuck in a hotel room with the "pink stuff."