El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Interesting times. Fuel price down, $US up against all currencies. Will the prices adjust to match the world or the world have to adjust to match $US.

As long as people keep buying, they'll keep selling at those rates.

And a fuel price down and a US$ up keeps their prime customers booking.

This is not a cheapie so far, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has booked or plan to book?

So far I see the September 2015 SFO - SYD is starting to fill and there is a sale on it. I'm hoping the return trip will also get a discount and that our dollar picks up.

Cheers,

Anna :)

Thank you so much for starting this thread - such a smart move.

. And I thought it might be opportune to just have one thread so people can post where they see a good cruising deal.

Ship Name: Celebrity Century

Cruise Code: CN22OCT14

Departure Date: Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Cruise Name: Southern Australia

Nights: 8

Departing: Sydney - Australia

Inside Guarantee $595 pp

Cruise Code: CN11NOV14

Departure Date: Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Inside Guarantee $595 pp

These are snooze or you lose type of deals.

Thank you so much for starting this thread - such a smart move.

. And I thought it might be opportune to just have one thread so people can post where they see a good cruising deal.

Cruise Code: CN22OCT14

Departure Date: Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Inside Guarantee $595 pp

Cruise Code: CN11NOV14

Departure Date: Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Inside Guarantee $595 pp

These are snooze or you lose type of deals.

I feel that we have slept as these have already sailed last year.:D

Ship Name: Rhapsody Of The Seas Cruise Code: RH17APR15 Departure Date: Friday, 17 April 2015 Cruise Name: Sydney to Singapore Nights: 16 Departing: Sydney - Australia

From $1283 pp (inside), $1576 pp (oceanview) both are what I like to call "lucky dip" categories. :D

Ship Name: Rhapsody Of The Seas Cruise Code: RH17APR15 Departure Date: Friday, 17 April 2015 Cruise Name: Sydney to Singapore Nights: 16 Departing: Sydney - Australia

From $1283 pp (inside), $1576 pp (oceanview) both are what I like to call "lucky dip" categories. :D

Got my eyes on this one as a very very last minute buy ...be great if it drops sub $1100 or $1000 not asking much 😊 ... we'll see 👍😉

For anyone missing Century, I've priced a good deal for an inside, and to more 'exotic' destinations, with a full service airline (BA). You only have a week though, so only good for the retirees!

8th Feb, Myanmar, Thailand and Malaysia, Celebrity Century, with flights 7th and 23rd back. $1,764.00/person for an inside, so basically a little more than $100 night INCLUDING flights. Flights are ex Sydney.

Usually it's hard to get good deals on last minute flights, so pretty happy with this one. (You could go even cheaper with Scoot/AirAsia, but why would you?)

Itinerary is: Singapore, Asia, Phuket, Thailand, Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar, Langkawi, Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia, Port Kelang, Malaysia, Singapore, Asia

A travel website is advertising a sale to start on Monday for $99 p&o cruises. Seems like it will be a blink & u miss it deal with only a few cabins. They say it's for 6&7 night cruises.

Hoping to try my luck and might also buy a lotto ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A travel website is advertising a sale to start on Monday for $99 p&o cruises. Seems like it will be a blink & u miss it deal with only a few cabins. They say it's for 6&7 night cruises.

Hoping to try my luck and might also buy a lotto ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

hunted everywhere online to find this deal---please put me out of my misery---who is advertising this sale????

:D:D:D Poor jillbob hope this helps..... google search $99 P & O cruises scan the page you will find it...;)

Thanks Badgerbill, found it, but Elislef a\said I think they are very limited, kind of like a lottery!

I'm ver interested in this as well. Perfect dates for me. On the royal website this works out to be $949 guarentee inside.

Flights back from Singapore to melbourne are $160 on that day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

For anyone missing Century, I've priced a good deal for an inside, and to more 'exotic' destinations, with a full service airline (BA). You only have a week though, so only good for the retirees!

8th Feb, Myanmar, Thailand and Malaysia, Celebrity Century, with flights 7th and 23rd back. $1,764.00/person for an inside, so basically a little more than $100 night INCLUDING flights. Flights are ex Sydney.

Usually it's hard to get good deals on last minute flights, so pretty happy with this one. (You could go even cheaper with Scoot/AirAsia, but why would you?)

Itinerary is: Singapore, Asia, Phuket, Thailand, Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar, Langkawi, Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia, Port Kelang, Malaysia, Singapore, Asia

Very tempting.

Great deal to include flights and goes to some wonderful places.

Did something similar last year and the ports were amazing.

Fortunately can`t find this great offer and I assume have to get to Sydney which adds to our cost.

That is a great deal, too bad I am not retired.:(

I just booked this cruise. Too tempting.

Us too.......can you believe the price I was being cheeky the other day in my post about sub $1000........booked and paid for this morning at $926.44 per person....:D:D:D don't care where our cabin is;) bargain of the century.......

John and I cruised her first cruise to Australia from Honolulu in 2007... so it's only fitting we cruise her last one out of here........cheers Shiona

I'm ver interested in this as well. Perfect dates for me. On the royal website this works out to be $949 guarentee inside.

Flights back from Singapore to melbourne are $160 on that day.

On my TA's site an Overview Guaranteed is $1152.

Very tempting.

Great deal to include flights and goes to some wonderful places.

Did something similar last year and the ports were amazing.

Fortunately can`t find this great offer and I assume have to get to Sydney which adds to our cost.

No, it's not an advertised deal, just something I priced up. You can get the cruise element from Celebrity's web site (or your preferred travel agent). And I added the flight on to make that price.

I just priced from Adelaide and you do have to fly through Sydney - but it's exactly the same price! (And still full service - connection is with Qantas).

Us too.......can you believe the price I was being cheeky the other day in my post about sub $1000........booked and paid for this morning at $926.44 per person....:D:D:D don't care where our cabin is;) bargain of the century.......

John and I cruised her first cruise to Australia from Honolulu in 2007... so it's only fitting we cruise her last one out of here........cheers Shiona

Even better price! Not sure about the prepaid gratitudes. We paid those last time & had to but now they don't seem to be compulsory?

I am a bit worried about cruising with my 5 yr old autistic son (he loved voyager) as my husband is not with us. At the time he is walking the Kokoda trail. Son will miss hubby terribly and we will have very bad tantrums but he would have done this at home anyway.

I expect I will be allocated a cabin not in prime real estate!

Hoping there won't be too many kids on board as last time we could not use the kids club as they could not handle my son.

I love cruising as does my son (hubby is upset he misses out but he will have his own adventure and hopes to meet the ship in Singapore.

found a website showing rhapsody april 17th 934ish pp inside but when I try to get into royal Caribbean website it isn't even showing up as a cruise. there is only a Sydney to Sydney for 6th april. I left options open too showing anywhere as destination just trying to put in Sydney departure and name of the ship.

trying to find reasonable flight before I go and book the cruise.

any suggestions?????

we have a FCC to use with royal and in the past found it almost impossible to use thru a TA.

Edited by Tara Jane