El Cheapo Cruises Thread

My hat is close to dropping. No plans before Quantum in May but I could squeeze this in as I only work casual and can travel when I wish.

If the price drops further I'm in and I think it will.

Be interested to hear your review of the Quantum. Are you on the relocation cruise. Because everytime I look at the pricing it seems ummm well pricey. :D

Be interested to hear your review of the Quantum. Are you on the relocation cruise. Because everytime I look at the pricing it seems ummm well pricey. :D

39 days on board n the repo. Total about $5,500pp US (paid in full when the Aus $$ was around 90c) All balconies with grats paid and some OBC.

Not cheap but sort of MOR. Some legs are much more expensive now.

Barcelona to Dubai leg is surprisingly the cheapest at the present time .

16 days Balc for US $2200(ish)pp including all grats and taxes.

Our 14 day Dubai Singapore was $ 1620 pp when we booked and is now well over$3000.

39 days on board n the repo. Total about $5,500pp US (paid in full when the Aus $$ was around 90c) All balconies with grats paid and some OBC.

Our 14 day Dubai Singapore was $ 1620 pp when we booked and is now well over$3000.

Sounds like you got a nice deal. Sometimes it pays to book early.

That is a nice deal for nearly 6 weeks at sea, well done.:D

Radiance of the seas 20th January $768 inside 11 nights outside $879 and guarantee balcony $1173 ive put a hold on a cabin just wondering now if we can get away as we have booked the rhapsody 7th February :D

Jacquie

There is lots of cabins left on the Rhapsody 17th Jan and Radiance 20th Jan. Last I checked yesterday there were still close to 100 balconies available on the Radiance and 16 J/Suites on Rhapsody for example. Anyone have any experience if this is normal. Seems like a lot of cabins to shift in a few weeks as it almost rules out OS bookings due to having to arrange air etc. .

I am keeping an eye on these as well as the Radiance on the 31st. Suite gtys are also good price and some have $400 OBC attached.

There is lots of cabins left on the Rhapsody 17th Jan and Radiance 20th Jan. Last I checked yesterday there were still close to 100 balconies available on the Radiance and 16 J/Suites on Rhapsody for example. Anyone have any experience if this is normal. Seems like a lot of cabins to shift in a few weeks as it almost rules out OS bookings due to having to arrange air etc. .

I haven't actually looked that much at cabin vacancies in the past, but I am wondering if this restriction of the D2 for two pax and D1 for more than 2 people booking has not flowed properly? We have sailed late January a few times now as it seems to be on the cusp of being a bit late for school holiday bookings, and before the Feb/March non family time. We booked the 10 day Tassie/Sth Aus trip for 7th Feb a year ago, and it has sold well and been way overpriced for quite a while.

I am also watching with interest, for future years, whether the high vacancy will bring more specials as it gets closer.

This thread has been great for getting a bit of a feel for the flow of the cheaper times. :D

These are good prices - I even did a quick check for a solo in an OV GU and that was $1692 (so $153 a night). I'd be willing to pay this... BUT I did 4 cruises last year and I had decided that this year I would not go anywhere and save for the kitchen reno.... damn it!

I think we will go on the Radiance on the 20th. Ihave a hold on an OV gty at $874PP (plus grats to pre pay) So that is still under $1000pp for 11 days.

How does the hold work? I am still hoping for further reductions and the hold lasts 24hrs. Can I just keep re-doing the hold and then book at the price I have locked in if the cabin goes up?

Or does the hold only guarantee the cabin and I will pay the new price if it rises while to hold is in place.

the hold works well ive done exactly what your talking of doing for the last three days just keeping my options open as we would really love a junior suit but a bit to much at the moment nearly a thousand each more and cant justify that price

Jacquie

These are good prices - I even did a quick check for a solo in an OV GU and that was $1692 (so $153 a night). I'd be willing to pay this... BUT I did 4 cruises last year and I had decided that this year I would not go anywhere and save for the kitchen reno.... damn it!

With these prices on some of the cruises being so good, it will be hard to resist for you. Good luck handling the temptation.;)

Rhapsody of the seas $599 inside guarantee $699 outside guarantee for eleven days 17th January cant get better than that

Jacquie:D

they have the auctions going ATM and the best price is $100 with one day to go

That a hot hot hot price.

Yes definitely 'HOT' at this time of the year with a greater chance of cyclones too! I only look at going south during summer - happy to go north from late March to October.

Gae

Edited by gaechann

Yes definitely 'HOT' at this time of the year with a greater chance of cyclones too! I only look at going south during summer - happy to go north from late March to October.

Gae

Aw Gae

Don't be a spoilsport, Cyclones can be fun.

Gae

I went this time last year at it was as smooth as. Would cruise again. I just come back from the South Pacific at end of December. Again smooth as. What I wouldn't do again is go to the South Pacific in August or our winter. It was freezing and cold weather. If I wasn't going on the Diamond end of March. I would have hit the buy button by now. :D

What a little bit of swell. Makes the cruise exciting. I cruised behind Hurricane Sandy all the way into Fort Lauderdale. It wasn't too bad.

Edited by icat2000

wow! some of those prices are so good!

my fingers are itching to press the 'buy' button.

have been lurking on this thread for a while now. hoping to find a good deal soon for a feb or mar cruise.

or maybe, bigger dreams, a cruise starting in asia and going around Japan....guess I'll have to go to another CC forum for that...

please keep this thread going.....

thanks.