Booking onboard

We're sailing on Explorer of the Seas soon, and needed some help with booking the next cruise while onboard. How many cabins can I book, what are the OBC amounts for a balcony and JS cabin? TIA

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/14037219_Onboard_NextCruise_Flyer_2015.pdf

Edited by clarea

JMO, but, the program that used to be called "Decide later" is a pretty pathetic excuse for a reward program for booking a future cruise. On a 7-night cruise regardless of the price you are paying, it's $25 per cabin OBC, which is $12.50 pp for cabin with 2 people. The reduced deposit? Just means that your final balance is higher so I don't consider that an incentive. They should just do away with that program entirely. I don't remember the amount of OBC for the specific cruises listed. It doesn't apply to any cruise you book so again, locking me into that specific cruise means I can't change my mind without losing the incentive. We used the program in the past when there was more of an advantage, but on our last cruise we decided that wasting my cruise time sitting with the Loyalty Ambassador for less than the price of a soda card was exactly that...wasting my cruise time. Just another example of successful Royal loyalty programs that have been watered down until they aren't very much of an incentive.

JMO, but, the program that used to be called "Decide later" is a pretty pathetic excuse for a reward program for booking a future cruise. On a 7-night cruise regardless of the price you are paying, it's $25 per cabin OBC, which is $12.50 pp for cabin with 2 people. The reduced deposit? Just means that your final balance is higher so I don't consider that an incentive. They should just do away with that program entirely. I don't remember the amount of OBC for the specific cruises listed. It doesn't apply to any cruise you book so again, locking me into that specific cruise means I can't change my mind without losing the incentive. We used the program in the past when there was more of an advantage, but on our last cruise we decided that wasting my cruise time sitting with the Loyalty Ambassador for less than the price of a soda card was exactly that...wasting my cruise time. Just another example of successful Royal loyalty programs that have been watered down until they aren't very much of an incentive.

I agree, this is not a good feature. However, the C&A people have said that they will allow one change (and maybe more) without losing the OBC associated with booking a specific cruise on board. Several people here on CC have reported success with changing cruises and not losing the higher OBC amount, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Edited by clarea

I agree that buying a Next Cruise open booking is a waste. What I do like is that booking on the ship was made better in a couple of scenarios. IMHO it saves me from even worrying about it anymore. I think that doing away with it frees up marketing funds that more appropriately rewards people making a real committment to booking a cruise. You didn't even have to waste your time with the LA for one of those open bookings. Just fill out a form and drop it in the box.

If you plan to book onboard, have an itinerary and date in mind BEFORE you go on your cruise. The rep was not that knowledgeable and all you get is a discount on your deposit and a small amount of OBC. When you get home, you will see that, if there were any special fares offered to you on the ship, they are also being offered to the general public. Been there - done that. ;)

I completely disagree about the next cruise credit, we love the the reduced deposit, why should Royal get my money when I can be earning interest? We also get a discount on cruises through my husbands work so never book on board but do like the reduced deposit. Just my opinion

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How many cabins can be booked on each Next Cruise cert and receive the OBC and reduced deposit?

Also, can they still be purchased without being linked to the TA?

Last I heard, they were limiting NC purchases to 3 per person.

You can still specify no travel agent, and they may have you fill out an additional short form when you ask for no travel agent.

I completely disagree about the next cruise credit, we love the the reduced deposit, why should Royal get my money when I can be earning interest? We also get a discount on cruises through my husbands work so never book on board but do like the reduced deposit. Just my opinion

Where can you earn any amount of interest that would factor in to your decision. I like the $100 deposit but not the non refundable part, risk is not worth the reward. So I only do specific bookings on board. Of course being retired and living in FL gives me the ability to book short cheap last minute cruises just so I can do onboard bookings. I call those cruises working, hey tough job but somebody has to do it!!:eek:

Earning interest, what's that?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Where can you earn any amount of interest that would factor in to your decision. I like the $100 deposit but not the non refundable part, risk is not worth the reward. So I only do specific bookings on board. Of course being retired and living in FL gives me the ability to book short cheap last minute cruises just so I can do onboard bookings. I call those cruises working, hey tough job but somebody has to do it!!:eek:

I'm curious what isn't refundable? We could change or canc up to the final payment. We are new at this so maybe we are missing something? As for the interest earned, on a $5000 cruise I'd still rather that money in my acct for the 15 mths than theirs! Hey, it may actually buy me a drink on board lol!

I'm curious what isn't refundable? We could change or canc up to the final payment. We are new at this so maybe we are missing something? As for the interest earned, on a $5000 cruise I'd still rather that money in my acct for the 15 mths than theirs! Hey, it may actually buy me a drink on board lol!

Supposedly, the amount you spend to purchase the open booking (Next Cruise Certificate) is non-refundable. Conversely, if you book a specific cruise on board, then that deposit is fully refundable.

Same here. We only do the specific bookings as well. Why chance losing the deposit if we have to cancel. Usually we just switch them around. Not sure how that will work under the new system:rolleyes:

Carefully read the T & C's on the link provided by Bob IN POST #2

I love it when you get in your stateroom and on the bed is the paper work telling you about the reduced deposit. You get to the loyalty ambassador choose your cruise then she says the magic words “SORRY your British it`s $450 deposit”

Deposit would only be $500 of the ticket so you might earn enough for a beer, probably just a Coke though

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I love it when you get in your stateroom and on the bed is the paper work telling you about the reduced deposit. You get to the loyalty ambassador choose your cruise then she says the magic words “SORRY your British it`s $450 deposit”

Really? That's not very good, terrible in fact. We are all paying why should it matter which country we're from

I have a question that relates to onboard booking, so I'm just going to add it here versus starting a new topic.

I saw a cabin (JS) that we really wanted to book open up over the weekend, so I booked it under the BOGOHO "sale." It is for a Feb 2016 cruise. I am comfortable with the price paid, but would of course always like to save a few dollars and/or get onboard credit.

I was originally going to book it on our Feb 2015 cruise in order to get the OBC. If (and I know it is a gamble) the pricing remains similar can I rebook the 2016 cruise while onboard to get the OBC, and NOT lose the cabin we already booked?

As an add-on question to that, we will make Platinum C&A on our Feb 2015 cruise and would then qualify for the balcony discount. If we were able to do the above, and get the OBC without losing our cabin of choice, would we then be able to call back in after our C&A status is updated and add the Platinum balcony discount?

Sorry for the noob questions, and hopefully I explained that well enough to understand. Thanks for any and all input.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app