Changing rooms/charging to a different room

My DH & I have cruised before on RCCL. Our son and our in-laws have not. We're sailing on FOS in December with the 5 of us and booked my DH & I in different rooms for the past guest discount.

As final payment approaches, I want to make sure everything is set up as it should be. We would like to keep our expenses, between my DH & I and my in-laws separate. If my MIL is booked in a room with me and my FIL with my husband- how can we use our seapass cards to charge so that mine & my DH's charges are on one account & theirs are on the other?

As a related question- would my son be given (prior to the cruise) our status as a past guest (I thought I've read that on here that it's possible?) and then we can book him in a room with my in-laws to get the past guest discount on their room and the charges would all be set up properly (since my 4 year old won't be making any of his own charges)?

Thanks for the help!

My DH & I have cruised before on RCCL. Our son and our in-laws have not. We're sailing on FOS in December with the 5 of us and booked my DH & I in different rooms for the past guest discount.

As final payment approaches, I want to make sure everything is set up as it should be. We would like to keep our expenses, between my DH & I and my in-laws separate. If my MIL is booked in a room with me and my FIL with my husband- how can we use our seapass cards to charge so that mine & my DH's charges are on one account & theirs are on the other?

As a related question- would my son be given (prior to the cruise) our status as a past guest (I thought I've read that on here that it's possible?) and then we can book him in a room with my in-laws to get the past guest discount on their room and the charges would all be set up properly (since my 4 year old won't be making any of his own charges)?

Thanks for the help!

You son cannot get past guest status until he cruises at least once.

Charges are not charged to the room, they are charged to each person independently.

You son cannot get past guest status until he cruises at least once.

Charges are not charged to the room, they are charged to each person independently.

Thank you for your reply.

So, when we sign up for our seapass cards prior to sailing, we can each give a different credit card for our individual charges to be billed to? I've only ever traveled as a "couple", I didn't realize it wasn't per room. Thank you!

Thank you for your reply.

So, when we sign up for our seapass cards prior to sailing, we can each give a different credit card for our individual charges to be billed to? I've only ever traveled as a "couple", I didn't realize it wasn't per room. Thank you!

Yes, have each person (except for the child) fill out their own online check-in. That way each person has their own SeaPass and their own online account setup. Whoever is in th stateroom with the child will put the child on their account.

Edited by clarea

• 3 months later...

I have an additional question. How does the second person complete their online check-in? Do they have to set up an online account. Me and some girlfriends are crusing in February and I made the reservation for me and my roommate. I have an online account because I have another cruise booked for October 2015 that was booked before this one for me and DH so I wasn't concerned about needing to set up separate credit card information. I would prefer not to have to give her my log in information to acces the cruise info. Thanks in advance for any information!!!

I have an additional question. How does the second person complete their online check-in? Do they have to set up an online account. Me and some girlfriends are crusing in February and I made the reservation for me and my roommate. I have an online account because I have another cruise booked for October 2015 that was booked before this one for me and DH so I wasn't concerned about needing to set up separate credit card information. I would prefer not to have to give her my log in information to acces the cruise info. Thanks in advance for any information!!!

Each individual can complete the check in process without having to log in.

On the main web page for Royal,

Go to "Before you board" and then on line check in.

You just need your reservation #, sailing date, ship and name on the reservation.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks for the help!

when you set up accounts, instead of just clicking on the main person agreeing today for all guests in the stateroom, you need to set each person up individually. if you do not have your In law's credit card, that's fine, just label them as a cash account or "no account" but it will take longer to check in at the port while they fork over the money or a credit card.

Minors are not authorized to get past guess discounts for booking purposes as they cannot book room in their own right.

when i log into "my cruises" and go to the online check in process, it gives me the ability to check in myself and my "roommate". I have always done it that way. We don't check in separately. I didn't know that was an option...nice to know...

when you set up accounts, instead of just clicking on the main person agreeing today for all guests in the stateroom, you need to set each person up individually. if you do not have your In law's credit card, that's fine, just label them as a cash account or "no account" but it will take longer to check in at the port while they fork over the money or a credit card.

Minors are not authorized to get past guess discounts for booking purposes as they cannot book room in their own right.[/QUOTE]

We travel with our minor children (Emerald) and they have received the balcony discount on their room as it is directly beside ours so does not require an adult in the room.