What to do in Fort Lauderdale during B2B

jongbj

Hi,

Having read a few threads on the (dis)embarkation day in Fort Lauderdale, I sort of figured out what to do at the beginning of the day:

- Tell the butler not to bother with the room until the end of the day

- Get room service breakfast to avoid the crowds, although I would prefer just having breakfast in the Restaurant

- Do the laundry

- Stay out of the way of the people trying to get off the ship

- Try not to rub it in to hard ;)

The thing is: What else can we do?

We've seen enough of Fort Lauderdale to not need/want to go ashore, so we prefer to stay on the ship, perhaps by the pool.

That brings in a few questions:

- Will the pool remain open/not get drained?

- How about the pool grill/other lunch possibilities?

Any other ideas to spend the day there. Will it be a lot different than let’s say, a normal day in port or a sea day? Besides the new people coming on of course.

Thanks

The pool will probably be drained, and any odd varnishing jobs around the pool deck will happen in the morning.

You will also probably have to get off at some point in the morning, go through Customs, and get back on. This will happen after all the departing guests have left.

I should think the pool grill will be open as there will be some guests who get on early.

I must admit that the last time we were on a B2B through Ft L we got off and went and had lunch in the fabulous cheese shop, using the water taxi from Pier 66 to get us there.

Edited by Silver Spectre

Mmmm, not sure we want to do that. We've seen everything we want to see in Fort Lauderdale multiple times. So going for lunch may be an option but we're not really interested in the rest of the town.

If the pool is going to be drained and the sun lounge possibilities limited, we may opt for a good book on the balcony. That is never a bad idea.

We've done several B2Bs on SS and we just treat it like any other day enjoying the ship. Usually have breakfast with departing friends and say our goodbyes around the ship, but otherwise a normal day aboard. I wouldn't bother going in to town unless there's something you need to get. You're paying for the ship; enjoy it!

We've done several B2Bs on SS and we just treat it like any other day enjoying the ship. Usually have breakfast with departing friends and say our goodbyes around the ship, but otherwise a normal day aboard. I wouldn't bother going in to town unless there's something you need to get. You're paying for the ship; enjoy it!

Pretty much our approach. Helped that our last B2B was in Venice so there was plenty to do off the ship. :) There we pretty much got up and around normally though with the idea in mind to stay out of the way of the departing passengers and the crew as they readied the ship for the upcoming passengers. We started with coffee on the pool deck and after awhile the CD started calling the color coded departures. After 30-40 minutes of several colors called we wandered down to La Terrazza for breakfast which, for obvious reason, was much less crowded than a typical morning. We eventually got off the ship around 10 AM as we figured the majority of departing passengers had done just that so we weren't in the way. If we'd been in Ft Lauderdale, a port city we've been in probably 20+ times so probably double that in terms of days and nights pre and post cruise, we'd probably not even bother to get off unless we needed some item on land.