Pride French door cabins

bunchesofun

Just had an interesting conversation with my PVP. We are booked in 4150 a French door inside on the Pride for Oct '15. I was asking her if any of the cabins directly between lifeboats was available. She informed me that those cabins are only for two people! What a ripoff! There are three of us, so that's out. I mean, we'll still enjoy our cabin, I'm sure, but seeing a little more ocean would be nice.

Also she mentioned to me about if a price drop came (we are past guest) we could upgrade and I questioned her because the terms and conditions says something about NOT upgrading any more. She said for first time bookers they don't upgrade, but for past guests they will upgrade after price drops even after final payment. I was VERY happy to hear that. Last cruise we kept upgrading till we got an aft cabin on the Valor for the same price as the regular balcony.

Just had an interesting conversation with my PVP. We are booked in 4150 a French door inside on the Pride for Oct '15. I was asking her if any of the cabins directly between lifeboats was available. She informed me that those cabins are only for two people! What a ripoff! There are three of us, so that's out. I mean, we'll still enjoy our cabin, I'm sure, but seeing a little more ocean would be nice.

Also she mentioned to me about if a price drop came (we are past guest) we could upgrade and I questioned her because the terms and conditions says something about NOT upgrading any more. She said for first time bookers they don't upgrade, but for past guests they will upgrade after price drops even after final payment. I was VERY happy to hear that. Last cruise we kept upgrading till we got an aft cabin on the Valor for the same price as the regular balcony.

first choice: 4194 or 4195

4130 is for you 4124 4139

ask your agent if any of thse are available.

she is full of hooey coz there are a few cabins between lifeboats for 3-4 people. She just didnt want to search and took whatever they gave her.

as for upgrading first timers-- my niece just went with us not too long ago- Booked a set inside cabin. upgraded to obstructed inside== then oceanview. then a balcony. we did mark her cabin that she was willing to take an upgrade. They would upgrade a first time person. It rarely happens if you have a set cabin. but it does happen. You have to mark your reservation willing to upgrade.

I have sailed 22 times and never been upgraded

None of those cabins numbers you mentioned are between the lifeboats. The are all partially behind them. I could have had a couple of different ones but they are not what I wanted. I believe my PVP that the ones directly between the lifeboats are probably cabins for 2. My PVP is not lazy and has gone out of her way for me many a time. The least of which was bringing back a couple of Carnival Blue towels for me because I hadn't bought them on our cruise. She went out of her way to bring them back from HER cruise.

As for upgrades, as I mentioned last cruise we had price reductions and upgraded cabins each time until we were in an aft balcony with the larger than usual balcony. And that was after final payment. I'm not saying that's never happened to first timers, but that it's no longer the policy. Regarding past guests, the policy actually states, "Subsequent upgrades in lieu of price protection will no longer be offered." But sounds like they ARE. Well anyway I know that if there is a price reduction my PVP will do her damnedest to get an upgrade for us.

first choice: 4194 or 4195

4130 is for you 4124 4139

ask your agent if any of thse are available.

she is full of hooey coz there are a few cabins between lifeboats for 3-4 people. She just didnt want to search and took whatever they gave her.

as for upgrading first timers-- my niece just went with us not too long ago- Booked a set inside cabin. upgraded to obstructed inside== then oceanview. then a balcony. we did mark her cabin that she was willing to take an upgrade. They would upgrade a first time person. It rarely happens if you have a set cabin. but it does happen. You have to mark your reservation willing to upgrade.

I have sailed 22 times and never been upgraded

Oh well, at least you took the time to try and help. :)

These are great rooms in comparison with an IS. If you want a view, unless you're in a room that has a partial view, these are not the rooms. They are preferred over an Is due to the air from opening the doors, and light coming in through the door windows. I don't agree with the rep that upgrades are not available for first time cruisers, but it is not automatic. You have to search for yourself by watching prices, and then call to get the upgrade.

4194 is between the lifeboats. None of the cabins is fully between the lifeboats. Not sure how "between" you think they can be. You are getting a partial view and an open door for the price of an interior cabin.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/cabinpics/39/org/38839.JPG

all these cabins have an obstructions. some more then others.

there are NO cabins that are fully between lifeboats that will have a full view.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/cabinpics/43/org/42739.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2dc8qps.jpg

These are great rooms in comparison with an IS. If you want a view, unless you're in a room that has a partial view, these are not the rooms. They are preferred over an Is due to the air from opening the doors, and light coming in through the door windows. I don't agree with the rep that upgrades are not available for first time cruisers, but it is not automatic. You have to search for yourself by watching prices, and then call to get the upgrade.

I'm somewhat claustrophobic so an inside is, well OUT! But the French doors I can handle. Light and air. I was just hoping to get one with a little more of a "view" though not by much!

I am sorry, original responder if I sounded harsh. I am defensive of my PVP as she's been very good to me over the years. The thought of someone calling her lazy raised my hackles a bit.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/cabinpics/39/org/38839.JPG

all these cabins have an obstructions. some more then others.

there are NO cabins that are fully between lifeboats that will have a full view.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/cabinpics/43/org/42739.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2dc8qps.jpg

Fully understand, but some have more view than others.