Help booking next cruise - should I do it onboard?

xyloid

BVE stands for Bon Voyage Experience. It's offered at some US ports and cruises. The charge is $39 and you get to board the ship early, around 11am. When you board they take your boarding photo. Often there is a short tour of the ship. At 12 noon there is lunch in the MDR with a glass of wine included. After the lunch you're on your own to explore the ship until 3 pm when you disembark the ship. Remember to go to the photo station to get your photo. It's a fun way to see a ship plus you can get the $39 back as a credit on a future cruise. While onboard you can purchase additional FCC.

I'm doing an BVE in May with friends I'm traveling with in August to Alaska so we can all see the ship together.

Any other questions please ask.

Tom :)

BVE sounds very cool. This will be our first Princess Cruises and we are looking forward to leaving from SF. I know our family members would definitely like us to extend BVEs to them. We shall see.:)

There are definitely FCC's possibilities for us. Thanks for the information. Enjoy your Alaska Cruise!

BVE stands for Bon Voyage Experience. It's offered at some US ports and cruises. The charge is $39 and you get to board the ship early, around 11am. When you board they take your boarding photo. Often there is a short tour of the ship. At 12 noon there is lunch in the MDR with a glass of wine included. After the lunch you're on your own to explore the ship until 3 pm when you disembark the ship. Remember to go to the photo station to get your photo. It's a fun way to see a ship plus you can get the $39 back as a credit on a future cruise. While onboard you can purchase additional FCC.

I'm doing an BVE in May with friends I'm traveling with in August to Alaska so we can all see the ship together.

Thanks so much for sharing this information. I have made a reservation for a BVE in April. I'm looking forward to the tour, lunch, photo and more importantly purchasing FCCs.:D

I was new to Princess in Dec 2014, had read about FCC we bought two, did not take us two weeks to book next cruise on Royal. This is the best deal in cruise industry. Get to do it at home with TA on phone and make choices without wasting time on board.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't totally understand the FCC ... can you give me more specifics.

Here's what I have so far:

1. $100 per person

2. Purchase on board only.

3. Used for future cruises - will act as the deposit for the cabin UNLESS a world cruise then you pay a %.

4. Gives some type of ship board credit (but I didn't see amount).

5. Valid for two years - can be extended if needed.

Is the FCC good for the deposit for any type of cabin including a suite? Example: We have suite booked for next year. Our deposit was $400. If I had used a FCC for each of us at the time of booking, our deposit would of been covered by the two FCCs.

What is the amount of the ship board credit?

What happens to the FCC if we have to cancel the cruise for any reason? Is it given back to us?

Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

Edited by MilliesMom

1. $100 per person

2. Purchase on board only.

3. Used for future cruises - will act as the deposit for the cabin UNLESS a world cruise then you pay a %.

Is the FCC good for the deposit for any type of cabin including a suite? Example: We have suite booked for next year. Our deposit was $400. If I had used a FCC for each of us at the time of booking, our deposit would of been covered by the two FCCs.

What is the amount of the ship board credit?

What happens to the FCC if we have to cancel the cruise for any reason? Is it given back to us?

Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

We have only ever purchased FCCs once and we used it for our 2016 World Cruise. We received 3% discount on the cost of the cruise.

Hope this helps

We have only ever purchased FCCs once and we used it for our 2016 World Cruise. We received 3% discount on the cost of the cruise.

Hope this helps

The FCCs gave you a discount on your cruise .... WOW. That's really great. Is this true for all cruises or just certain ones?

Plus I think you can apply the $39 you paid for the BVE towards a future cruise if you book it within a certain time...maybe 90 days? If you're going on the cruise but have someone with you using a BVE that's maybe driving you to the port, be sure to link their BVE to your reservation so you can early board with them.

What does "BVE" mean?

~~TIA~~

Here's some more info for you:

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_an...se/prepare.jsp

The Bon Voyage Experience is an innovative new program harkening back to the nostalgic tradition from the early days of cruising, allowing guests the opportunity to invite family and friends aboard your ship on embarkation day. The program's new twist also allows cruisers new to Princess to see the inside of a Princess ship and experience the excitement of cruising first-hand -- even if they're not affiliated with booked guests.

Guests will spend up to four hours onboard before the ship sets sail, where they'll enjoy a four-course dining room lunch (including wine), a guided ship tour, and a souvenir photo! Plus, the $39 per person cost of the program can be applied toward a future cruise with Princess. Only 50 guests are able to participate in the Bon Voyage Experience on any given embarkation day, so make sure you make your reservations soon!

To learn more about Bon Voyage Experience reservations and availability near you, please contact your Travel Consultant or call 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) as long as it is not within 7 days of sailing.

The FCCs gave you a discount on your cruise .... WOW. That's really great. Is this true for all cruises or just certain ones?

Only for a world cruise or a world cruise segment is there a 3% discount.

Also, for a world cruise or a world cruise segment the deposit is 5% of the fare, not the $100 FCC.

1. $100 per person

2. Purchase on board only. If not purchased onboard, you may get an offer to purchase soon after, but with reduced OBC.

3. Used for future cruises - will act as the deposit for the cabin UNLESS a world cruise then you pay 5%.

Depends on length of cruise and type of cabin. Ranges from $15 for a voyage of 3-6 days in an inside or oceanview cabin to $150 for a voyage of over 16 days in a suite. This is for each person that used an FCC.

Is the FCC good for the deposit for any type of cabin including a suite? Yes Example: We have suite booked for next year. Our deposit was $400. If I had used a FCC for each of us at the time of booking, our deposit would of been covered by the two FCCs. Yes

What is the amount of the ship board credit? See answer in number 4 above.

What happens to the FCC if we have to cancel the cruise for any reason? Is it given back to us? Yes, unless the booking had a non-refundable deposit condition when you booked.

Am I missing anything? Can only be used by the person named on the FCC. In other words, if husband and wife are traveling, cannot use two in the name of just one of them, must have one in each name.

Thanks.

Also, if you like cruising Princess, get more than one FCC in each name. You never know when you want to have more than one future cruise booked at a time.

Edited by caribill

Also, if you like cruising Princess, get more than one FCC in each name. You never know when you want to have more than one future cruise booked at a time.

Thank you so much for the help and information. We will get FCCs when we cruise in August.

One last question:

Are we allowed to purchase a FCC and put it in another person's name or only our own as we are the ones on the cruise?

Edited by MilliesMom

Thank you so much for the help and information. We will get FCCs when we cruise in August.

One last question:

Are we allowed to purchase a FCC and put it in another person's name or only our own as we are the ones on the cruise?

Only in the names of people actually on the ship.

But one can also purchase FCCs if onboard for a Bon Voyage Experience (BVE) that is offered in some embarkation ports. If the others you are talking about live in a USA embarkation port that offers the BVE, they can obtain them that way.

Only in the names of people actually on the ship.

But one can also purchase FCCs if onboard for a Bon Voyage Experience (BVE) that is offered in some embarkation ports. If the others you are talking about live in a USA embarkation port that offers the BVE, they can obtain them that way.

Perfect .... that is why I was asking. Have friends who are planning a vacation/cruise next summer. They are close to a port so was going to recommend they do the BVE if possible and get the FCC. Their college age son travels with them, so if they want to include him on the FCC he will need to go to the BVE also.

Thank you so much. Very helpful information.