NEXT WOW SALE: Aug 16th - Aug 20th

True but that is a unique situation and most of the time...the price change is not that much.

On my current bookings:

I saved $300 between March - May 2014 by price checking.

I saved $292 on a single supplement by reaching a higher D+ level between October 2013 and May 2014.

I have saved thousands of dollars in my bookings over the last several years by price checking. You don't know if you don't look.

My wife and I are talking about buying airfare for a certain week we can get off and waiting until a couple weeks before that dateto book something.

With so many cruise lines we are bound to find a bargain somewhere. Since we have been to most of the islands many times we don't care we we go as long as go somewhere warm.

If you want a specific itinerary this might not work so well.

Bill

We have done this several times and have saved quite a bit of money by waiting. We pick two or three cruises we know we would enjoy, book the airfare months in advance, and wait. We started doing this when we would see great prices closer to sail date but by that point the airfare would be high. Works out beautifully for Caribbean cruises leaving from Miami and Fort Lauderdale. We do like to be in certain locations on the ship, but generally as long as we have a balcony, we are happy.

Whatever happened to "Truth-in-Advertising" ?

Honest straight forward pricing has given way to deceptive marketing and sales practices.

The Character of an organization is rooted in its leadership.

Senior leadership needs to stay intouch how the organization interfaces with potential customers and the resulting perception.

Not too long ago they used to have pricing for each cruise listed in their big brochure books. The pricing was ridiculously high and nobody ever paid it, kind of like rack rates for hotel rooms. They then would constantly advertise how you could "save 40% off brochure pricing"! If they didn't run these "sales" nobody would have ever cruised because the brochure pricing was insanely high just so people would think they were saving a lot of money.

It was basically the entire business model of Kohl's.

These sales are driving me crazy! We booked during the first BOGOHO sale for a great price on the Oasis in February. We since have had our schedule change and we need to travel in January now. I have been watching the prices for January and there is nothing that seems "on sale" about them. We will see if we end up rebooking at RCCL at all. Disney is the same price for our dates and Celebrity is $1K less. Thats lots of options.

Do you guys think the WOW sale will be better then the BOGO sale right now. i was going to book today but should I wait till tomorrow? I'm guessing the BOGO will end tonight.

Either way, if the price drops before final payment you can ask for the adjustment, so if you see the cabin you want, go ahead and grab it. I booked a couple of cruises late last year wondering if I might be paying too much, but both have dropped on a couple of occasions and I was able to take advantage of those drops.

Do you guys think the WOW sale will be better then the BOGO sale right now. i was going to book today but should I wait till tomorrow? I'm guessing the BOGO will end tonight.

BOGOHO ends Sep 15th so WOW will be combine-able.

That said, some sailings will see a price jump to cover the WOW savings.

Huh. I booked our IOTS during the recent " sale " and also noticed if we took the kids the " free" wasn't really free! On a bright note, I booked the cat I o/v for just over $300 less than directly through a "warehouse"TA. Will also get a $70 OBC ,soda pkg, an upgraded dinner at one of the $ restaurants, a lunch or dinner at Johnny Rockets,ice cream for 2 at Ben and Jerry's ,cupcake decorating class,and some Rice Krispie treats. Excited to get some fun perks ,while still beating direct booking!

Weighing the $440 upgrade to a D-3 balcony. Had one once and loved it,but that's a nice chunk of spending money on board...

IF you're willing to book out to 2016... and that's really far in advance, the prices actually look pretty good. I could do the same spring break cruise we did this year in 2016 for about $200 less for the cabin.

Back in January during a different WOW sale I booked a B1 on Oasis for $727pp plus $150 OBC.

Just checked a cruise in 2016 (April) on Oasis and the prices are $1199pp with $100 OBC.

Bill

We have three bookings that we could reprice but they all would cost us more even counting OBC as cash off.

I checked all 9 we have booked and each would cost more. This is the longest I've gone without repricing and saving money. I hope RCCL stops these sales soon they're costing me.:(

My C1 cabin on the Oasis for Feb. 6, '16 costs some $316 more per as compared to the May sale. I guess at this point is supply and demand.

So, do we think that the cabin prices will come down once the sale(s) is over.

My C1 cabin on the Oasis for Feb. 6, '16 costs some $316 more per as compared to the May sale. I guess at this point is supply and demand.

So, do we think that the cabin prices will come down once the sale(s) is over.

Some will, and some won't. After BOGOHO1 ended, I saw some prices come down after a couple of days, but others are still high. Just depends on how each individual cruise and category are selling.