QE2 - January 3, 2006 - Six Day Crossing

eroller

My friend Cheryl has just been introduced to CruiseCritic.Com and will be posting here soon under the name "Confetti". Be gentle with her; it's her first trip on a Cunarder!

Both of us wish that final payment has been made and the tickets in hand!

My friend Cheryl has just been introduced to CruiseCritic.Com and will be posting here soon under the name "Confetti". Be gentle with her; it's her first trip on a Cunarder!

Calliope:

Purely my own opinion here, but tell Cheryl/"Confetti" that she couldn't have selected a better "maiden voyage" with Cunard than our January crossing from Southampton to NY aboard QE2 !!!

Tom;)

Confetti (Cheryl):

Once you cross the North Atlantic on QE2 nothing will ever be quite the same !!

I predict that when you and Calliope arrive at the Queen Elizabeth II Terminal in Southampton to board QE2 on January 3 you'll be walking on air !! If not, we'll check for a pulse !!!

Tom;)

PS Before you get into any "trouble" with veteran Cunard passengers (and I want you to be an "insider" and a member of "the club" from the outset !!), there is a specific distinction when referring to the ship. The ship we'll be sailing on is always QE2 (arabic numeral "2"). The only time the Roman numeral ("II") is used is with regard to the Monarch, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. You'll notice that we're sailing from the Queen Elizabeth II Terminal in Southampton; that facility is named after the Queen, not the ship. With that bit of Cunard wisdom you're going to be like an old "pro" aboard this great ship !!!

Don't worry TransatlanticTom, Confetti has already been told about her egregious error; she now know that we will be crossing on the ship and not the monarch! Then again when the QE2 was christened Queen Elizabeth II did name her "QUEEN ELIZABETH the SECOND", and when she christened the QM2 the Queen said "QUEEN MARY TWO". So Confetti might not be the only person to be thus confused! ;-)

Calliope:

Yes, it is quite an amusing story about the naming of our beloved ship.

I wanted to make sure that someone jumped in quickly to gently get Confetti "in the groove". We can't have her tar & feathered before she even sets foot aboard QE2, now can we ??

For what it's worth, it is rather amazing to me how many people make the mistake about "2" vs "II"...like travel agents, the press, etc. However, keep in mind that not every one is like me ("thank goodness", my wife would say !!): (a) a fussbudget, and (2) a ship nut !!!

Looking forward to meeting you and Cheryl In January !!

Tom;)

Hi,

I will be on the January 3 Crossing. I was on QE2 for last December's crossing and thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so that I booked QM2 for an eastbound crossing this past August. (I guess I'm hooked!) Quite a difference in the weather. Smooth as the carribbean and perfect, warm weather every day. Our waiter (who said he has been with Cunard for 12 years) said he had never experienced a crossing that had as perfect a weather. I was hoping for a bit of rough, but it never happend. Perhaps this January. Anyway, just looking forward to it.

QE2 Winter Crossing Club

January 2006 Crossing

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Stowaway2K (Kyle)

* Ken_W

* sfo-john

* transat_jon

* guernseyguy (Peter)

* eroller (Ernie)

* Cruisin Pup

* Richard Schmidt

* Mr. Murdoch

* Transatlantic Tom

* juliecat (Julia)

* Calliope

* Bluenoser

* Confetti

* transat

Sorry to be OT, but I'm trying to reach Howard W. in Baltimore. He might join us on the QE2 for this crossing but I lost his email. Howard, if you happen to see this message, please email me again. I've had some email issues with Bellsouth and yours was lost along with some others.

Thanks!

Ernie

:confused: Whoops! Thanks for setting me straight Calliope & Transatlantic Tom.

I would definitely prefer making the crossing aboard ship (QE2);

although the monarch is welcome to come along, I guess, if she'd like!

I am still learning the ropes, but, by January, I will be primed.

Thanks too, Transatlantic Tom, for including me in the

QE2 Winter Crossing Club January 2006. I am looking forward to

this trip with all you seasoned travellers.

I know it will be fun!! I just hope I can wait till January...........

Confetti

Hi Winter Crossing Club!

Does anyone have any idea how close to sold out this crossing is? I have a friend who is interested, but we've been told all M level singles are sold out. I have an M3 guarantee as a single myself and am very curious to see where I'll end up!

Final payment is due in 10 days, so we MUST be getting close.

Julia

Hi Winter Crossing Club!

Does anyone have any idea how close to sold out this crossing is? I have a friend who is interested, but we've been told all M level singles are sold out. I have an M3 guarantee as a single myself and am very curious to see where I'll end up!

Final payment is due in 10 days, so we MUST be getting close.

Julia

Hi Julia,

Last I checked, there was still plenty of space on the sailing. Unfortunately all dedicated single cabins are sold out except in Q-grade. Maybe single occupancy of a double cabin is an option?

Ernie

Ernie,

Do you know anyway to find out specifically which cabins are still available (other than calling Cunard directly)?

Thanks,

Julia

I believe Cunard is selling the crossing on a strictly "guarantee" basis. Therefore no one will know exact cabin numbers until they are assigned closer to sailing.

If you are interested in specific categories, the only way is to call Cunard. Cunard does not yet offer real-time, online pricing to the general public.

Ernie

Archived