Does Rccl still issue luggage tags?

On our NCL cruise last year we had to print our own luggage tags on paper and tape them on our bags prior to boarding.Its cost cutting at its best.
Same on RCI unless you are in a full suite or I believe Pinnacle C&A status

Amazon dot com has nice luggage tag holders specifically for cruises. They fit the printed and folded ones just fine and you don't need to worry about the stapled ones staying on your suitcase. Plus, you get 6 or 8 for $12...

All of those that responded that anyone sailing in a GS or higher, or Pinnacle Club members, may request, as long as they live in the U.S. or Canada, printed tags to be mailed to them. They normally take 5 to 9 days to receive them.;)

The rest, either print them out, staple them, or purchase plastic holders that are re useable, or have a porter put your cabin number on tags at the pier.

Rick

All of those that responded that anyone sailing in a GS or higher, or Pinnacle Club members, may request, as long as they live in the U.S. or Canada, printed tags to be mailed to them. They normally take 5 to 9 days to receive them.;)

The rest, either print them out, staple them, or purchase plastic holders that are re useable, or have a porter put your cabin number on tags at the pier.

Rick

And at the moment still the UK. Hope you're well Rick.

You can have some preprinted tags sent to you regardless of cabin category. The cost is $35.00 and also includes information about dinning reservations and shore excursions.

The $35 fee is for your cruise docs in a nice spiral notebook the way they used to be given out to everyone. Luggage Tags are also included as a bonus!

The $35 fee is for your cruise docs in a nice spiral notebook the way they used to be given out to everyone. Luggage Tags are also included as a bonus!

Exactly, thanks for clarifying that for me. We usually sail in Grand suites but our last cruise no full suites were available so we booked a Jr. We are only Diamond level so we ordered the cruise documents. I thought the book with the tags was a good value @ $35.00.

Jan 2011...so not that many years ago.

We cruised Jan 2011 and they mailed them to us, perhaps we got the last set?! It's really not a big deal to print them, I take packing tape with me and they are actually better the way I tape them up, need scissors to remove!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by krev

We have a GS booked for next cruise, will they send the tags or do we need to request them? I do miss the old packages that included the tags and other info on the ship/cruise

You will need to request the tags on Royal's website. Same page as where you do online check-in. They should become available about 49 days before the cruise.