SEATAC to Pier 91 - Towncar Service ??

curtdesilets

We are on a very tight schedule for our August 30 arrival in Seattle for our upcoming Westerdam cruise.

Have any of you used "Already There Towncar" service ??

Their website seems a bit primitive, but I have read some positive reviews here and there.

Any other suggestions? Apparently there may be some traffic and I'm thinking a Towncar will speed up our transit. We usually take a cab, but I'm unsure if they can maneuver around some of the things happening that weekend....

From a fellow CC member, there's Bumblefest (100K people), Sounders soccer Game and Mariners Game that day! :eek:

Your main advantage with Already There is that they will pick you up at baggage claim. You call them (the car will be in the airport area) and tell them the closest door to your baggage claim. And they get you immediately. For a cab/taxi you have to take your luggage to another location (upstairs) and get your transportation there. FYI - We were extremely happy with our service from Already There. I suggest calling them. I believe the scheduler's name is Charlotte - but I'm not 100% sure. It's been 3 years.

Edited by Linda&Vern

We are on a very tight schedule for our August 30 arrival in Seattle for our upcoming Westerdam cruise.

Their website seems a bit primitive, but I have read some positive reviews here and there.

Any other suggestions? Apparently there may be some traffic and I'm thinking a Towncar will speed up our transit. We usually take a cab, but I'm unsure if they can maneuver around some of the things happening that weekend....

From a fellow CC member, there's Bumblefest (100K people), Sounders soccer Game and Mariners Game that day! :eek:

I really would not worry too much...

There is no such event as "bumblefest", but there is Bumpershoot. ;)

The real problem is the Mercer construction zone.

If I were driving from Seatac, I would take hwy 99 assuming the viaduct is open. (35-minutes)

Another option to miss downtown and summer water front traffic is to take the 5 north skipping Seattle and cutting back thru Ballard. This route takes 45-minutes and would be a last resort. The only time I have done this was during a parade and the streets were closed downtown.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Seattle-Tacoma+International+Airport,+17801+International+Blvd,+Seattle,+WA+98158/University+District,+Seattle,+WA/Smith+Cove+Cruise+Terminal,+2001+W+Garfield+St,+Seattle,+WA+98119/@47.616049,-122.460904,12z/data=!4m25!4m24!1m5!1m1!1s0x5490435542eafefd:0x99d3d9c4c7dc37b7!2m2!1d-122.308816!2d47.45025!1m10!1m1!1s0x5490148c0b84130f:0x4d2cfb91a6c76626!2m2!1d-122.3138767!2d47.6627771!3m4!1m2!1d-122.3686158!2d47.6614797!3s0x549015b11faa6a81:0x1bb7212c5df48383!1m5!1m1!1s0x5490156302df88ef:0x23e95d150e11e35d!2m2!1d-122.382856!2d47.627621!3e0

We used them in July and loved the convenience of not squeezing into one of those small Prius taxis with lots of luggage. The online process is confusing about luggage but Charlotte was very helpful in setting everything up. The driver will know all of the shortcuts. I highly recommend Already There.

We have used AlreadyThereTowncar since 2006 -- quite a few times.

We like the idea that we do not have to push a huge cart over to the parking garage where the majority of the limo services pick you up and drop you off.

Charlotte is the one of the owners.

AlreadyThereTowncar picks you up right at baggage claim. Once you have claimed your luggage, you call them and tell them the number of the door where you are waiting. They will be there in a couple of minutes.

Based on KK's recommendation, we have used Already There for the last five years. They are great and always reliable. Granted the Web Page is not that easy. However, you can also email them with your exact requests to

reservations@alreadytheretowncar.com

which I did recently because we had 3 requests (airport to hotel, hotel to ship, and ship to airport)

I believe you can also call them and talk directly to Charlotte. However you book it, you will receive a detailed email confirmation from her with everything completely explained.

We have used AlreadyThereTowncar since 2006 -- quite a few times.

We like the idea that we do not have to push a huge cart over to the parking garage where the majority of the limo services pick you up and drop you off.

Charlotte is the one of the owners.

AlreadyThereTowncar picks you up right at baggage claim. Once you have claimed your luggage, you call them and tell them the number of the door where you are waiting. They will be there in a couple of minutes.

That was our experience, too. I couldn't believe how quickly they got to us.

I really would not worry too much...

There is no such event as "bumblefest", but there is Bumpershoot. ;)

The real problem is the Mercer construction zone.

If I were driving from Seatac, I would take hwy 99 assuming the viaduct is open. (35-minutes)

Another option to miss downtown and summer water front traffic is to take the 5 north skipping Seattle and cutting back thru Ballard. This route takes 45-minutes and would be a last resort. The only time I have done this was during a parade and the streets were closed downtown.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Seattle-Tacoma+International+Airport,+17801+International+Blvd,+Seattle,+WA+98158/University+District,+Seattle,+WA/Smith+Cove+Cruise+Terminal,+2001+W+Garfield+St,+Seattle,+WA+98119/@47.616049,-122.460904,12z/data=!4m25!4m24!1m5!1m1!1s0x5490435542eafefd:0x99d3d9c4c7dc37b7!2m2!1d-122.308816!2d47.45025!1m10!1m1!1s0x5490148c0b84130f:0x4d2cfb91a6c76626!2m2!1d-122.3138767!2d47.6627771!3m4!1m2!1d-122.3686158!2d47.6614797!3s0x549015b11faa6a81:0x1bb7212c5df48383!1m5!1m1!1s0x5490156302df88ef:0x23e95d150e11e35d!2m2!1d-122.382856!2d47.627621!3e0

It is Bumbershoot, not "bummerfest" or whatever I called it. But the website says it attracts 100K people and it starts at noon Aug 30.

http://bumbershoot.org/

Sounders game starts at 1pm in the same locale.

Our flight arrives at 1259pm, and I've seen some postings here about horrific traffic in Seattle during embarkation on recent Saturdays.

I'm not one to panic, but my wife.....

That's why I figured a classier act like a towncar service might be better. Joe Schmo taxi dude might just drive us straight into the traffic, not caring about the time as he gets paid either way. :eek:

You might also want to look at the Light Rail Service that whips you right downtown in no time for a couple of bucks and you don't have to worry about traffic other than the short taxi ride to the pier (about 5 min). You just follow the signs after you pick up your luggage.

http://www.soundtransit.org/Rider-Guide/SeaTac-Airport-Station

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It is Bumbershoot, not "bummerfest" or whatever I called it. But the website says it attracts 100K people and it starts at noon Aug 30.

http://bumbershoot.org/

Sounders game starts at 1pm in the same locale.

Our flight arrives at 1259pm, and I've seen some postings here about horrific traffic in Seattle during embarkation on recent Saturdays.

That's why I figured a classier act like a towncar service might be better. Joe Schmo taxi dude might just drive us straight into the traffic, not caring about the time as he gets paid either way. :eek:

I highly recommend you use the suggested town car service. You are cutting it close - your wife might do more than panic if you are running too late. :eek:

We used Always There. Very satisfied. Driver was prompt, courteous, friendly.

We made reservations by phoning. Much simpler than doing it online.

The driver waits in a nearby area and you phone him when you have picked up your luggage.

So have your cell phone ready. He will be there fast after you call him.

Edited by NMLady

We have used this car service and they were very good. We used them three times, going from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the port, then from hotel back to the airport. It could not have been easier and they were super nice to deal with.:)

I have to agree with all the positive comments about already there! Charlotte does a amazing job of coordinating her fleet, staying on top of flight arrivals and making sure that every pickup and delivery is on time. They are prompt, friendly and helpful. We'll use them every time we're in Seattle.

Would someone give us a estimate of cost for the airport to hotel, hotel to ship and ship to airport?

I'm assuming depending on the location of the hotel it might vary, but would be nice to have an idea. :D

Thanks,

Mac

$60 per hour minimum. So airport to pier would be $60 plus tip.

They pick you up at Baggage Claim so you don't have to drag your luggage across the street to the taxi pickup.

Edited by Crew News

Expect some panic. You are cutting it really close! :eek:

Are you checking bags that you will need to wait for? The driver will be waiting in the "cell phone lot" and will come when you call, but depending on traffic through the airport, that can take a little while. Last time I picked someone up from Seatac, it took me 10-15 minutes from lot to pickup.

I assume you have a 4:00 sailing, meaning that you absolutely have to be on board by 3 or 3:30? I'd estimate that you'll make it to the port around 2:30, if nothing goes wrong, flight isn't delayed, no missing luggage, etc. I know I would panic...

We have used Already There and they are great. The driver will know the best routes to use. Good luck!

I am just off that cruise and had a similar flight as you. We used the HAL transfer service. Everything was super easy.

Just sayin': If their HAL's transfer service is like their shore excursions (i.e. the ships waits for you if the bus is late) that may be the way to go.

:p

I highly recommend you use the suggested town car service. You are cutting it close - your wife might do more than panic if you are running too late. :eek:

We are all set. I booked them this week. If traffic is a complete nightmare, I'm sure we won't be the only ones cutting it close. But I have confidence that we will make it on okay.

They met us at Seatac and took us

to the hotel and we will use them to and from the pier and

then back to the airport after another stay in Seattle.

SeaBands,

Would you mind giving me the approximate price for all your travels with them?

Will be doing similar trip. Is it a straight $60 per hour as stated before or do they price per trips?

Thanks,

Mac

SeaBands,

Would you mind giving me the approximate price for all your travels with them?

Will be doing similar trip. Is it a straight $60 per hour as stated before or do they price per trips?

Thanks,

Mac

We were quoted $70, flat rate, plus gratuity. Seems like a good price as we usually take a cab @ about $40, but all of our other cruises were out of the closer pier, in the old district of town. Pier 91 is a bit further North. And they do anticipate traffic on the weekend we are arriving.