Room service questions

Are any drinks included free of charge from room service?

Coffee, hot tea, lemonade, iced tea, milk, juices at breakfast.

The Replenish package cannot be used for room service.

Edited by clarea

Someone on here suggested early morning coffee room service which sounds fab! If you order this the night before do they just leave it outside your room? Is there a charge for coffee? Is there a typical amount tip for room service.

Thanks x

The night before fill out your room service card with the items you want and hang it outside on your door. You can check off the time you want it delivered and they will give you a call a few minutes before delivery. Thanks to Marklodi for the link to the menu

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1460400/Room%20Service%20Breakfast%20Menu.pdf

Ps I have bought the royal replenish package

The package does not apply to room service.

Yes, you can call room service for breakfast. Not sure about cut off time, but you can call room service once you get on board and ask them their breakfast hours.

Thank Clarea! I will ask my cabin steward and then Room service. I dusted off the compasses nothing listed.

I just don't want to repeat my mistake of putting out a card and staying up til 4:00am on my 1st balcony, and then sleeping through calls, knocks with massive sleeply head. It had nothing to do with the wine I had. [emoji6]

Nobody is forcing you to tip, however do realize that you pre paid tips do not apply to the room service staff. Besides, I was just responding to the question the OP asked.
I have read this time and time again on Cruise Critic but no one can show me with a FAQ link that this is true. Part of your prepaid tips go to "other housekeeping staff" ie room service. I personally always tip anyone who delivers anything to my room but also feel it is not required.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=415&faqSubjectName=Gratuities&faqId=5523

Room Service is delivered by kitchen staff....they are NOT included in your suggested tips. Those tips cover, Cabin attendant, waiter, ass''t waiter and head waiter. That's all.

So, $1 for coffee is fine as a tip. For 2 full meals, $3-5 would be appropriate. It's a gratuity because you're grateful someone brought it to you!

Given that the CC population on any ship is relatively small (5%-10%) I wonder how many of the rest of the people on board would even think to tip for room service. Since gratuities are added to your Seapass account would most not think that the tips are all included?

I think you raise a very good point. Now that tips are mostly pre-paid or added to the account daily many folks may now be tipping nothing figuring all tips are included. Heck, on just about every tipping thread people will chime in and say the charges should be left on the seapass account because they cover all the folks behind the scenes that you never see who work hard to ensure you have a great cruise. Who is to say that doesn't include the room service people? I don't recall anything from RCI saying that they are excluded from the tipping pool.

Room Service is delivered by kitchen staff....they are NOT included in your suggested tips. Those tips cover, Cabin attendant, waiter, ass''t waiter and head waiter. That's all.

So, $1 for coffee is fine as a tip. For 2 full meals, $3-5 would be appropriate. It's a gratuity because you're grateful someone brought it to you!

Says who? Unlike in the old days when we handed money to people, once the money is in RCI's hands I have no idea what they do with it.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Thank you. It's very interesting. Up until this conversation, it hadn't even occurred to me to carry any U.S Dollars on me. I think I'll bring on board $150 in one dollar notes and hope that's enough (Average of $10 a day ) On top of my pre paid gratuities of course.

You must be planning to have a lot of coffee delivered to your cabin!:D

I think you raise a very good point. Now that tips are mostly pre-paid or added to the account daily many folks may now be tipping nothing figuring all tips are included. Heck, on just about every tipping thread people will chime in and say the charges should be left on the seapass account because they cover all the folks behind the scenes that you never see who work hard to ensure you have a great cruise. Who is to say that doesn't include the room service people? I don't recall anything from RCI saying that they are excluded from the tipping pool.

The site says Dining Services, Stateroom Attendant, Housekeeping. So the question would be whether Room Service is considered Dining Services or not. Some say yes, others say no.

The site says Dining Services, Stateroom Attendant, Housekeeping. So the question would be whether Room Service is considered Dining Services or not. Some say yes, others say no.

Doesn't room service mostly deliver staff that can be either drunk or eaten? Sounds like dining service to me. I think I am one of the ones who says yes.:) I, however, never use the service.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Doesn't room service mostly deliver staff that can be either drunk or eaten? Sounds like dining service to me. I think I am one of the ones who says yes.:) I, however, never use the service.

I know I am British, but even I have a problem with eating staff :D

We have always tipped room service and many times they have been completely surprised. So it seems a lot of people don't. I would rather give them something rather than assume they get it. I consider room service a perk and extra so why not tip. And you know the person gets to keep the cash!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My husband is a big breakfast eater and wants coffee as soon as he is up, he is also a earlier riser. So basically we could do room service of a small breakfast and coffee and then go to MDR or Windjammer later?

ALSO is there a frig in our room and is there ice machines or do we order that from room service.

Thanks

THIS is our very first cruise! Learning a lot here, but have a lot of ???? too!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!;)

But, aren't the specialty restaurants also part of dining services? I am pretty sure they are not included in the pre paid amount.

My husband is a big breakfast eater and wants coffee as soon as he is up, he is also a earlier riser. So basically we could do room service of a small breakfast and coffee and then go to MDR or Windjammer later?

ALSO is there a frig in our room and is there ice machines or do we order that from room service.

Thanks

THIS is our very first cruise! Learning a lot here, but have a lot of ???? too!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!;)

You can request ice from your room steward. There is a fridge in the room don't expect much. It is a cooler only. It will be filled with mini bar items that your steward cannot remove, it must be done by bar staff. I find it easier to remove the items myself and put them on an unused shelf for the week.

Thanks

THANKS AGAIN!!!;)

Yes you can do room service, then go to the MDR, then to the windjammer if you want!

Most cabins have a cooler that looks like a small fridge but does not do a whole lot. Ice must be requested of the cabin steward, no machines.

The room service portions will seem very small to your husband most likely, mine is a big eater also and he was hungry immediately after (:

Now here was my experience... I called in room service for the morning as I didn't have a pen to fill out the card (bad thing to leave at home!) And they gave me various times so I selected between "8am-8:30am" around 8:45am I called to see where our food was and was told it was on the way... it arrived around 9am. This did put us behind schedule for our tender and made things a bit of a rush for eating. When he dropped off our trey he was running away as soon as my hands were on it. Tipping didn't really cross my mind because he was leaving so quickly, even tho the night before I had sat out some ones on the counter. It just all happened in such a hurried exchange.

Another time we ordered for a snack and it arrived timely, there was a knock at the door and by the time it took me to open it, he was already scurrying off down the hall! Where I would normally tip at least a couple of dollars, their behavior made me think maybe it wasn't customary. It left us a bit confused and a little uncomfortable with ordering room service?

Now that I hear it is customary, it makes me wonder if they were just so busy that they couldn't wait the second it takes.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

I know I am British, but even I have a problem with eating staff :D

Amazing how one little letter can change the entire meaning of a post. It was supposed to be "stuff". You Brits should have done a better job inventing the language.:eek::D

Edited by Ocean Boy

Amazing how one little letter can change the entire meaning of a post. It was supposed to be "stuff". You Brits should have done a better job inventing the language.:eek::D

We invented it, you just can't say it and spell it - ha ha ha !!

:-) :-) :-)