Is This True?

atdahop

All I can say is that if my livelihood depended on passengers happiness I would do nothing to upset anyone. What does a crew member have to gain by irritating a passenger that they'll never see again after the cruise? His rating depends on how many people he pleases & just one bad card submitted can send it spiraling downward.

Don't you think that wanting an agent fired for perceived rudeness a bit over the top? What Princess has done is educate their customers to complain long and loud and lie to get what they want. Until they stop this hideous practice and take a stance on their own policies, things will continue as is. They need to find out what they want to be and then stick to it. Trying to be all things to all people isn't working.

Trying to be all things to all people isn't working.
Oh, I don't know about that. Princess has been in the cruise business for a long time. I think they have a pretty good idea on what works and what doesn't.

Oh, I don't know about that. Princess has been in the cruise business for a long time. I think they have a pretty good idea on what works and what doesn't.

If that is truly the case then why not erase their policy from the books, turn it into something like "Carnival in Decline" and everyone will know what they are booking on and those who don't like it will move on to a more conservative, service orientated cruise line. I think what annoys us, who try to abide by the policies that are in place for everyone's enjoyment, is when we look around and see the policy and rules not being upheld or enforced by the staff.

I think what annoys us, who try to abide by the policies that are in place for everyone's enjoyment, is when we look around and see the policy and rules not being upheld or enforced by the staff.
It may annoy you, but I think Princess has found it works best to do what they have been doing - have policies and guidelines in place that are loosely enforced. For myself, I continue to enjoy cruising on Princess with things pretty much just the way they are.

It may annoy you, but I think Princess has found it works best to do what they have been doing - have policies and guidelines in place that are loosely enforced. For myself, I continue to enjoy cruising on Princess with things pretty much just the way they are.

If Princess is only going to "loosely enforce" their own rules, then they should do away with them and end the schizophrenia. Everyone would know exactly what would be expected and act accordingly.

Don't you think that wanting an agent fired for perceived rudeness a bit over the top? What Princess has done is educate their customers to complain long and loud and lie to get what they want. Until they stop this hideous practice and take a stance on their own policies, things will continue as is. They need to find out what they want to be and then stick to it. Trying to be all things to all people isn't working.

Absolutely, but a majority of Princess cruisers probably don't realize that or even care about what a bad report can do.

From what I'm seeing since these new ships have arrived, Princess is reaching out to the younger first time cruisers harder than ever and being hard nosed about enforcing rules isn't going to be part of enticing people to return again & again.

Absolutely, but a majority of Princess cruisers probably don't realize that or even care about what a bad report can do.

From what I'm seeing since these new ships have arrived, Princess is reaching out to the younger first time cruisers harder than ever and being hard nosed about enforcing rules isn't going to be part of enticing people to return again & again.

Then they need to CHANGE the rules so the younger cruisers can dress the way they want and the experienced cruisers will not be expecting everyone to conform to the policies. They can't continue the schizophrenia!!!

If Princess is only going to "loosely enforce" their own rules, then they should do away with them and end the schizophrenia. Everyone would know exactly what would be expected and act accordingly.
Guess I have to agree to disagree. I think Princess has a lot more data available than any of us, has looked at this issue carefully, and has developed a scanario that works best for Princess. If the numbers start showing differently, I am sure Princess will amend the policy or how Princess enforces existing policy. Edited by billco

Then they need to CHANGE the rules so the younger cruisers can dress the way they want and the experienced cruisers will not be expecting everyone to conform to the policies. They can't continue the schizophrenia!!!

One of the most frustrating things to me about cruising (not just on Princess, HAL and Celebrity are guilty as well), is how rule enforcement can vary from one ship to the next in the fleet. Pax in jeans are turned away from the MDR on one ship, and welcomed on the next.

How are newbies (or any of us) supposed to know what rules to follow, let alone how to pack, if rules are selectively enforced? I don't want to be the only guy in the MDR in a tux on formal night if everyone else is in a track suit. I realize this is a slight exaggeration, but not much ;).

How are newbies (or any of us) supposed to know what rules to follow, let alone how to pack, if rules are selectively enforced? I don't want to be the only guy in the MDR in a tux on formal night if everyone else is in a track suit. I realize this is a slight exaggeration, but not much ;).

Amen brother....this afternoon while toiling in the garden I had idea for the new brand of "Carnival in Decline's" name for their new ship "the Slop Boat".:rolleyes:

Guilty as charged. On the very rare occasion we have been late returning from an excursion, have missed our time in TD and gone to the ATD venue. We don't make a practice of this but we also don't do buffets and don't go on cruises to eat hamburgers or pizza for dinner....so ATD it is.

I certainly respect you for coming clean. And as long as there is plenty of room in ATD, I don't have an issue. BUT.... if things are close to full, do you feel it's appropriate to take an ATD seat?

You did say rare, but I suspect that you might know when this will happen. So, shouldn't one choose ATD before the cruise? That is one of the primary reasons for it.

And as for not doing buffets, it's your choice, but they aren't all that bad for dinner.

In the end, as long as Princess allows it, I guess I can't fault a double dipper. It's not like they are breaking any rules.

Edited by Redwing55

I certainly respect you for coming clean. And as long as there is plenty of room in ATD, I don't have an issue. BUT.... if things are close to full, do you feel it's appropriate to take an ATD seat?

You did say rare, but I suspect that you might know when this will happen. So, shouldn't one choose ATD before the cruise? That is one of the primary reasons for it.

And as for not doing buffets, it's your choice, but they aren't all that bad for dinner.

In the end, as long as Princess allows it, I guess I can't fault a double dipper. It's not like they are breaking any rules.

Thank you. However, we haven't known we were going to be late; on the rare occasion we have been late it has been because of traffic or someone being late in returning to the coach while everyone else waited for them. The underlying reason why we don't do buffets on ships or anywhere else for that matter is because DW has MS and is a wheelchair and they are an extremely difficult thing to manage in the feeding frenzy and tight quarters of Horizon Courts. Now you could argue that I could put her at a table and go and get her some dinner but that hardly seems to be fair to her as she can't see the offerings.