Noordam's threadbare carpet.

steve ch

I board the Noordam on August 25. On August 27 we have a sea day and I will go in search of this threadbare carpet at that time. I hope it doesn't take the whole day to find it. If I can I will take a picture and post it here now that I have learned how to post decent sized pictures.:D

Terri

Why would you do that?

soccer

Watch that line, you're tripping across it.....

Just wondering what the point of this thread was and asked very nicely.

It seems strange to me that someone would answer a question and forget it a few minutes later. I hope he or she is OK, seriously. Remember the question was asked to the original poster.

soccer

It seems strange to me that someone would answer a question and forget it a few minutes later. I hope he or she is OK, seriously. Remember the question was asked to the original poster.

soccer

Courtesy and common sense would dictate that you would not ask if someone is experiencing a medical issue.:eek:

Courtesy and common sense would dictate that you would not ask if someone is experiencing a medical issue.:eek:

OK, I apologize. I am concerned that someone posts something and can not explain what they meant though.

I guess we should wait until the original poster explains why he started this thread. Others have asked the question, but the original poster has not responded.

soccer

soccer

This is your sixth post on this thread - I can only suggest that you read post #42, think about it, then come back to us if you still lack comprehension.

OK, I apologize. I am concerned that someone posts something and can not explain what they meant though.

I guess we should wait until the original poster explains why he started this thread. Others have asked the question, but the original poster has not responded.

soccer

The OP started the thread as a light hearted bit of satire which most of us "got".

If anyone needs satire or dry humour explained they most likely wouldn't understand anyway as they only understand "in your face" humour.

This is your sixth post on this thread - I can only suggest that you read post #42, think about it, then come back to us if you still lack comprehension.

Still doesn't really explain why he started this thread?

Can you please explain why he would start a thread about a little worri carpet on some stairs?

soccer

Can you please explain why he would start a thread about a little worri carpet on some stairs?

soccer

If you had READ a few posts by the same poster on complaints on this ship, you would get it. this is tongue in cheek.

I would tell you to take a deep breath and have a piece of apple pie - but if you haven't read that thread - you won't get it either:p

When one has to explain humour, there isn't much point.

The OP started the thread as a light hearted bit of satire which most of us "got".

If anyone needs satire or dry humour explained they most likely wouldn't understand anyway as they only understand "in your face" humour.

I guess I don't get it. Was he upset about the carpet?

Is it similar to when you had problems on the Zuiderdam? Some people couldn't understand what you were talking about and said they had no problems.

Is he serious or not? I can't tell from his post, it seemed to bother him unless he created the thread for other reasons.

soccer

soccer

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.

For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

soccer

Plainly put: It is an inside joke that apparently you are not part of, so time to let it go.

If you had READ a few posts by the same poster on complaints on this ship, you would get it. this is tongue in cheeknumber

I would tell you to take a deep breath and have a piece of apple pie - but if you haven't read that thread - you won't get it either:p

When one has to explain humour, there isn't much point.

I am not sure what you mean.

Are you saying that the original poster was making fun of another poster?

Do you think that is appropriate?

Otherwise, I guess we need the original poster to come back and explain why he starter the thread.

soccer

Plainly put: It is an inside joke that apparently you are not part of, so time to let it go.

Aren't inside jokes a form of bullying or being part of a clique?

That's what is being taught to school children as they start the school year from what I understand.

The whole thread seems a little weird.

Again, we can wait until the original poster explains why he started this thread. That is who I asked the original question to.

soccer

I guess we have to wait for the original poster to explain why he created this thread.

The responses on his behalf do seem a little strange to me. People can't explain it except to say it was a joke.

Are threads supposed to be started to make inside jokes as one poster describes the reason for this thread?

I hope all the posters have posted with good intentions just like me.

soccer

I guess we have to wait for the original poster to explain why he created this thread.

The responses on his behalf do seem a little strange to me. People can't explain it except to say it was a joke.

Are threads supposed to be started to make inside jokes as one poster describes the reason for this thread?

I hope all the posters have posted with good intentions just like me.

soccer

You have a choice - if you are serious, you should accept the fact that a lot of people on this thread are engaged in a conspiracy against you; otherwise you should come clean and announce that your extraordinarily subtle humor has passed over all of out heads, gloat about it and move on.

You have a choice - if you are serious, you should accept the fact that a lot of people on this thread are engaged in a conspiracy against you; otherwise you should come clean and announce that your extraordinarily subtle humor has passed over all of out heads, gloat about it and move on.

I just asked a question to the original poster. I am not sure why anyone else had to answer for him or her.

Maybe those that replied can explain why they needed to answer for the original poster.

Was it because they were trying to be nice or for some other reason?

Can you explain that? Seems kind of strange.

soccer