Elite on Infinity question.

Spurschick

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me out. My parents are traveling soon on Infinity and had questions regarding elite breakfast and evening drinks on Infinity.

I have only sailed Celebrity once and am not familiar with the Infinity. I understand with the new suite benefits some things have changed.

The last time I went on Celebrity, breakfast was in Michaels club, with drinks in a bar on an upper level. Is this the same on Infinity?

Also any good tips for them on what not to miss whilst onboard?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

Edited by Spurschick

We did Infinity to Antarctica on 16/02/14 and elite had breakfast in s.s United States Restaurant and evening drinks in Constellation Lounge which was all very nice.

Unfortunately our b/t/b from Buenos Aires to Santiago was not good as there were more elite passengers and breakfast was a reserved space in Trellis Restaurant and had no fresh juice or smoothies. We got vouchers for evening drinks which we did not like. Marlene, the Captains Club Hostess did her very best to try to please everyone but service was slow at times at breakfast which never happened in the United States Restaurant.

Brissie

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me out. My parents are traveling soon on Infinity and had questions regarding elite breakfast and evening drinks on Infinity.

I have only sailed Celebrity once and am not familiar with the Infinity. I understand with the new suite benefits some things have changed.

The last time I went on Celebrity, breakfast was in Michaels club, with drinks in a bar on an upper level. Is this the same on Infinity?

Also any good tips for them on what not to miss whilst onboard?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

There will be a letter in their statement as to where the events are held. No one on this board can tell you where it will be on your cruise since it changes depending on the number of elites on board. The Breakfast will probably be held where the previous poster mentioned however the evening event is up in the air. Just tell your parents to look for the letter in their cabin.

Michaels Club now is a private club for higher level suites and Zenith members of Captains Club. This is fleetwide.

We did Infinity to Antarctica on 16/02/14 and elite had breakfast in s.s United States Restaurant and evening drinks in Constellation Lounge which was all very nice.

Unfortunately our b/t/b from Buenos Aires to Santiago was not good as there were more elite passengers and breakfast was a reserved space in Trellis Restaurant and had no fresh juice or smoothies. We got vouchers for evening drinks which we did not like. Marlene, the Captains Club Hostess did her very best to try to please everyone but service was slow at times at breakfast which never happened in the United States Restaurant.

Brissie

We did Buenos Aires to Valpo January 2914 and evening drinks were in the Constellation Lounge, but the inside half was roped off and outside half was open to all. We really enjoyed elite happy hour. The wait staff would have our drinks ready before we sat down.

I went to the elite breakfast at US Restaurant once. The premium coffee was good, but wanted more than a continental breakfast. I didn't go back, and was not that impressed.

Just off a couple of weeks ago. Elite cocktail hour was in the Constellation ( t deck) and opened 5-7 just for elites. The breakfast was in the US restaurant. Very few people there but we went most mornings. Sometimes just for a light breakfast sometimes just for coffee and a mimosa if we wanted eggs or a waffle up in the cafe. Great service at the breakfast.

some hints:

1) if they give vouchers instead of having the private elite cocktails, your parents could get a glass of wine and take it to dinner with them....you can't do that if they aren't using vouchers because the drinks have to stay in the room

2) If they are interested, they should ask both the captain's club host AND guest services if there will be any tours of the bridge, backstage or the kitchen (I'm not talking about the "behind the scenes package which costs $'s....they sometimes have free tours).

3) The only suite change has been in making michael's club a private suite lounge

4) If they want to dine in a specialty restaurant, suggest they wait to book until they are on board where there will likely be special offers. If no special offers, they shouldn't be afraid to ask one of the sale folks if they could dine for a little less....say $35 instead of the regular price. Generally the answer is YES.

5) If they want ice in their cabin, ask the room steward..otherwise they won't get it.

6) suggest that when they board the ship the first day, they eat lunch at the Bistro on Five (pay the $7)...avoid the mob in the buffet area. Alternative is the hamburgers on deck 10 or the aqua spa cafe (if either are open). Try to avoid the buffet area.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful replies:D

I appreciate all your feedback.

Any general feedback on the Infinity?

They are mainly going for the itinerary, but have only sailed larger class Celebrity ships in the past, so not sure how they compare.

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful replies:D

I appreciate all your feedback.

Any general feedback on the Infinity?

They are mainly going for the itinerary, but have only sailed larger class Celebrity ships in the past, so not sure how they compare.

We have cruised on Infinity four times in the past four years. We love the ship.

We enjoyed our cruise on Solstice, which has some great features, but don't see a huge difference in S and M class. I know some will not agree with that assessment.

S class has the nice multistory atrium, a better arrangement at the buffet and a nicer theater. However, there is one less staircase and more people on the ship. We like ships with fewer people.

Here are my reviews from all four of our Infinity cruises.

South America

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=248878

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=94024

British Isles

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=221137

Transatlantic

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=221136

When Infinity is passing through a senic area the Constellation Lounge where the elite lounge is during happy hour is a good place to go . The Elite Breakfast was offered in a section of the Trellis restruant. that was not used for open seating breakfast. Try to get a table at the front overlooking the bow. I was on infinity from BA to MIA. the elite happy hour was vouchers only with no dedicated from BA to VAL but did have the dedicated lounge in the Constellation Lounge from VAL to MIA with the exception of the days that happy hour was not offered and the day of the Panama Canal transit. If in a fjord, passing by glaciers or through a channel. A good place for dinner would be Qsine with it's floor to ceiling. Even though it has a charge (Suites get 1 or 2 meal included depending on cruise length) the secenery can make it worth every penny. I went there on the day we went through the Beagle Channel and the view was amazing. They also do not pull drapes over the window like the MDR does on a formal night.. Infinity has a easy layout and almost impossible to get lost. of the 3 elevator banks the aft ones were the least busiest ones with the exception of the small rush at dinner.. these elevators are the only way to get to the Aqua class Cabins on deck 11 without going outside. In the Oceanview they are only accesible from the starboard side. for Qsine access you can use the midship elevators and the Constellation lounge is at the top of the Forward elevators. . the only drawback to Infinity i found was the layout of the Oceanview with the narrow passages and not enough tables.