SHAKERS Martini Menu

kkpcruiser

• 4 years later...

Ah yes I spent countless hours at shakers on the breakaway at the end of November early December. Please guys. If the breakaway still has the great (indian i think?)bartender a please tip him well he was the best bartender on the whole ship in my opinion. His name was Sachi or something like that I believe pronounced sah-chi or

sah-she. Great man had many laughs with him.

Edited by ultratowel

51 minutes ago, ultratowel said:

Ah yes I spent countless hours at shakers on the breakaway at the end of November early December. Please guys. If the breakaway still has the great (indian i think?)bartender a please tip him well he was the best bartender on the whole ship in my opinion. His name was Sachi or something like that I believe pronounced sah-chi or

sah-she. Great man had many laughs with him.

That was Sachin (I think), yes, from India. He was scheduled to go home close to Christmas, think late Dec. or early Jan.  Great guy, my favourite BT as well.  He recognized me from our first meeting on the Sun, Oct 2017 and I cruised BA June 2019.  Super nice. 

Cheers

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/10/2020 at 1:19 PM, All-ready2cruise said:

That was Sachin (I think), yes, from India. He was scheduled to go home close to Christmas, think late Dec. or early Jan.  Great guy, my favourite BT as well.  He recognized me from our first meeting on the Sun, Oct 2017 and I cruised BA June 2019.  Super nice. 

Cheers

Haha I completely didn’t notice this reply. YES that was his he treated me amazing and was hands down my best bartender ever. I hope he is doing well with everything that happened with covid

• Like 1

As someone who has tried (many times in vein) to get a well made, DRY martini onboard NCL I can attest that having a shakers bar does not guarantee a good martini.  To be fair, the bartenders are always nice (except the one time I tried to order at Maltings and was practically yelled at for having the audacity to not ask for a whiskey drink) but generally they try hard to give me what I want...they are good at making fancy sweet cocktails so if you are looking for that you shouldn’t have a problem.

My “go to” bar on most NCL ships for the best martini is...the A list bar.  The one between Cagney’s and usually Moderno or some other specialty restaurant.  I find they typically put a pretty senior bartender there. YMMV.