SHAKERS Martini Menu

kkpcruiser

We returned from the Breakaway on August 10th. A fabulous cruise!

One of our favorite discoveries since we missed the Martini tasting by 5 minutes was finding a martini sampler or flight on the Shakers Menu, which we enjoyed outside on the waterfront twice during our cruise. It was a steal at $15 for 6 Mini Martinis.

I'm looking for a copy of the Shaker menu and the Sampler listing or even a description if anyone may have in their photos! Specifically looking for the contents of the Martini rimmed in Coconut.

I highly recommend this..a great sailaway celebration if you want to avoid the crowds esp since one of the Martinis is made with blue curacao which looks just like the beautiful blue waters of Bermuda!

Thanks in advance

1481871650_DSC04007-Copy(640x425).jpg.6cf1541b0d5acf2207decc4e3ac3b9c7.jpg

We returned from the Breakaway on August 10th. A fabulous cruise!

One of our favorite discoveries since we missed the Martini tasting by 5 minutes was finding a martini sampler or flight on the Shakers Menu, which we enjoyed outside on the waterfront twice during our cruise. It was a steal at $15 for 6 Mini Martinis.

I'm looking for a copy of the Shaker menu and the Sampler listing or even a description if anyone may have in their photos! Specifically looking for the contents of the Martini rimmed in Coconut.

I highly recommend this..a great sailaway celebration if you want to avoid the crowds esp since one of the Martinis is made with blue curacao which looks just like the beautiful blue waters of Bermuda!

Thanks in advance

.....I love a good Martini! (or 6)

:D

wasiii

I found the martini bar on the breakaway to be poor. There was little creativity with the drinks as well a little showmanship. For us, bar wise, shakers wasmournbiggest let down. Especially when compared to celebrity where their martini bar had unique offerings and a middle eastern tom cruise behind the bar

.....I love a good Martini! (or 6)

:D

wasiii

LOL...me too!! What a beautiful presentation when they are all served at the same time. ;)

Absolutely LOVED hanging out at Shakers! Which leads me to a question regarding the Getaway. Since Shakers became the Surgarcare Mojioto Bar :mad: - anyone know where can I get a good martini?? :confused: Kinda hoping Sugarcanes is a full service bar - like Shakers is - but I'm looking for confirmation!

I found the martini bar on the breakaway to be poor. There was little creativity with the drinks as well a little showmanship. For us, bar wise, shakers wasmournbiggest let down. Especially when compared to celebrity where their martini bar had unique offerings and a middle eastern tom cruise behind the bar

I agree that Breakaways martini bar wasn't filled creative showmanship, however, I greatly enjoyed the martini flight. Easily the best spent $15 on board in my opinion. I just wish I would have found it before the end of my cruise. :)

I agree that Breakaways martini bar wasn't filled creative showmanship, however, I greatly enjoyed the martini flight. Easily the best spent $15 on board in my opinion. I just wish I would have found it before the end of my cruise. :)

Wow...that's disappointing. :(

On our sailing they were constanly making "special" - off the menu - concocations. I tried several of the creations just because I could. That was half the fun! ;) :D

In fact....when the OP asked about the menu - my first thought was "wait....there's a menu??" because I don't think I ever saw it! :eek: ;)

Gambee has all of the drink menus here. The martini menu is pretty far down - but it's there! ;)

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-drink-lists/

Happy thanks for the Gambee rec. I follow him and did look through his review but i guess not closely enough.

Yes i think it was the pomegranate one as it def had a reddish hue.

I agree that there was no showmanship at Shakers but you still cannot beat the price on this flight!:D

LOL...me too!! What a beautiful presentation when they are all served at the same time. ;)

Absolutely LOVED hanging out at Shakers! Which leads me to a question regarding the Getaway. Since Shakers became the Surgarcare Mojioto Bar :mad: - anyone know where can I get a good martini?? :confused: Kinda hoping Sugarcanes is a full service bar - like Shakers is - but I'm looking for confirmation!

I had the Martini flight at the Sugarcane mojito bar on the Getaway. They also do a flight of mini mojitos for around the same price.

Enjoy :)

How does the martini flight compare with the martini tasting? The tasting is also $15? Could my husband and I share the tasting or would we have to pay per person. I almost would like to just do the flight, on the waterfront, when I choose, rather than a scheduled time...you know....more freestyle! Lol

How does the martini flight compare with the martini tasting? The tasting is also $15? Could my husband and I share the tasting or would we have to pay per person. I almost would like to just do the flight, on the waterfront, when I choose, rather than a scheduled time...you know....more freestyle! Lol

As I recall the flights are really "mini" size, while the tastings are almost full size servings of each. So, more bang for the buck with the tasting vs the flight IMO.

I have not been on the Breakaway, but I assume the new "Martinis", the ones they push on the menu are on all the ships now. I first saw them on the Epic, same ones on the Getaway, and most recently on the POA. To me they taste like NyQuil, and I would not be surprised to learn they come out of a dispenser. I probably spent less $$ on drinks on the Epic than I ever have, simply because their drinks menus was so limited. (I have no imagination!). I was truly disappointed with the variety and number of offerings after having many a good Martini on previous NCL cruises.

On the POA, in Pink's Champagne Bar, as I looked over the lackluster menu, the waiter casually asked if I would like to see a Martini Menu. He brought one out from behind the bar, and there were at least 30 plus Martinis on the list!! Seriously??!! He explained that there was only one, so they don't keep it out. Really, why don't you get more? "Oh, that would take forever. We'd have to contact Corporate and it could take weeks or months." Apparently they have the same problem on Epic and Getaway.

I don't know what NCL is thinking. My guess is that they have concocted some cheap Martinis to maximize profit and so they only list those on the menus. They keep the good ones on a menu behind the bar that no one sees. We skipped the Martini Tasting and Flight on the Getaway and stuck to the handmade and excellent Mojitos.

The Martini tastings use the small Martini glasses from the flight. You get 6 for $15 + gratuity (mostly different ones from the flight).

The bartenders know all of the 'other' Martinis available so you only need to ask. We often had an espresso martini after dinner (and a couple of Lemon Groves before dinner, as well) which were not on the menu, (however they were shown on the billing system).

The flight is not poured from a dispenser. They make up a jug of each and keep them in the fridge.

The Martini tastings use the small Martini glasses from the flight. You get 6 for $15 + gratuity (mostly different ones from the flight).

The bartenders know all of the 'other' Martinis available so you only need to ask. We often had an espresso martini after dinner (and a couple of Lemon Groves before dinner, as well) which were not on the menu, (however they were shown on the billing system).

The flight is not poured from a dispenser. They make up a jug of each and keep them in the fridge.

These are my points, exactly. I do not want a martini poured from a "jug" in the fridge! And what is a "Lemon Grove"? Sounds like something I might try....IF I saw it on a menu. But it, and 30 or 40 others, are not on ANY menu readily available to those who want a martini. End result is, I see nothing interesting on the very limited menu and I order nothing. I did ask the bartender on the POA about a Cucumber Jalepino Mojito after the Mojito tasting and he did not have a clue what I was talking about. He was surprised to learn they are on the menu on the Getaway. I doubt he would be familiar with your Lemon Grove either.

NCL needs to step up both their drink menus and the skills and knowledge of their bartenders, IMO.

Lemon Grove

3 x lemon vodka

1 x Limoncello

splash of lemon/lime juice

Lemon Drop - basically the same with a sugar-coated rim on the glass.

Punkincc - you need to get yourself to the Martini tastings - develop a relationship with the Martini bartender and the world then becomes your oyster! Agreed about the menus - they are next to useless. We have NCL Martini menus dating back to 2008 with notes scribbled on them - great reference material.

Edited by SteveH2508
added menus

• 2 weeks later...
Lemon Grove

3 x lemon vodka

1 x Limoncello

splash of lemon/lime juice

Lemon Drop - basically the same with a sugar-coated rim on the glass.

That would be one terrible lemon drop. Try citron vodka, Cointreau and Meyer lemon juice (freeze as ice cubes) and blend all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...

DH is a stoli or grey goose vodka martini, little dry/little dirty guy.

We were on Celebrity and found that he had to pay $ to upgrade his free beverage package to be able to drink those at their martini bar.

I looked at the drink menu on this board and it seems that these martinis would be covered w/free package...Correct?

Tx

Barbara

tbmrt

Grey goose/stoli. was included . Tito's vodka is very good also.

Shakers makes a fresh watermelon martini that is very refreshing. We were on the Epic Jan .11th .

One of the best bartenders we found was Goose at Shakers , however he was heading home after that sailing.