Let's talk about Ripcord by I-fly - Parachute simulator.

BillOh

When the reviews start pouring in, I'll be watching for reviews of this experience. It's been on my bucket list since seeing it was available in Vegas while watching a TV show.

By the time I get on either of this type of ship, I will be at least 19-31 months post back surgery. Now at 7 months I am almost back to normal. I'll look forward to the written limitations on this when RC publishes and how well its operated. I imagine like the flowrider they will assist you, but if you crash that is your responsibility. I would imagine they will hold onto you as it starts and stops. I'll look forward to your reviews. It will be a decision between me and my doctor if I can. After my January surgery I avoided falling on the ice as I walked around here this past winter, which went into Mid March this year! I probably won't be so lucky this coming winter, but I will be further along then. That may be an indicator.

I did the Fly Away in Las Vegas in 1986. You stood on the outer walls, fell forward, the suit inflated and up you went. There was instruction on position, hand signals, etc. You have to where earplugs so communications is hand gestures only. It was a lot of fun. May never get on a Quantum Class. Glad I had that experience nearly 30 years ago.

From the RCCL video/website: ""enjoy the biggest and most exhilarating thrill of a lifetime"" Seriously?? I'm sure it's fun, but that is way over the top for a description of floating around above a big fan:rolleyes:

I cant imagine it would come even close to the real thing as far exhilarating goes!

With that said, Im totally chicken when it comes to jumping out of a perfectly good running airplane ;)

We will be on Quantum December 1st. DD says this is one of the first things she wants to do. We will be sure to post a review when we return. We are really looking forward to experiencing all of the new bells and whistles.

I'm just going to take a stab in the dark here but guess that it will initially be so popular, you'll have to sign-up perhaps in advance before even cruising just to get a time slot. I wouldn't think 1 fan would be enough on maybe a 7 day cruise for a few thousand people to try. I hope I'm wrong though, because I'm game! :cool:

It looks very like the venue we have here in Manchester, UK called 'AirKix' which I have done.

As shown in some of the renderings from RCI, I suspect there will be a qualified instructor in the simulator in with you and he/she will hold you using handles built into your suit initially and then will let go when you have mastered the art of 'flying'.

Working on the same principle you will be required to wear a safety helmet, ear plugs (it is loud, so all instructions are by hand signal), goggles and a special suit which does not allow for anything loose.

To simply 'fly' you need to hold your arms in a specific position, arch your back and keep your legs straight.

8654708445_3872ffbdd3_c.jpg

8655813082_fe5f229220_c.jpg

When we were in Vegas two years ago I jumped out of an airplane:D Somehow I think this would be anti-climactic......

I would never get the nerve to do it for real, so this is my more likely to do version.

I'm just going to take a stab in the dark here but guess that it will initially be so popular, you'll have to sign-up perhaps in advance before even cruising just to get a time slot. I wouldn't think 1 fan would be enough on maybe a 7 day cruise for a few thousand people to try. I hope I'm wrong though, because I'm game! :cool:

Perhaps pricing will be factor. I' haven't hung around this forum sub section much, have they given a cost? I didn't want to assume free like the wall or flowrider.

Perhaps pricing will be factor. I' haven't hung around this forum sub section much, have they given a cost? I didn't want to assume free like the wall or flowrider.

It is free just like the flowrider and north star.

Both kids are so excited to try this on out Anthem cruise so I have booked a hotel in Orlando for a couple days after our Freedom cruise this year and we will be doing the ifly there a year ahead of Anthem.

It is free just like the flowrider and north star.

Both kids are so excited to try this on out Anthem cruise so I have booked a hotel in Orlando for a couple days after our Freedom cruise this year and we will be doing the ifly there a year ahead of Anthem.

Is there any concern about the length of the line?