Coral Princess Mini Suites: Covered Balcony?

saint_em

Hi all,

We're planning on booking an Alaska cruise for our honeymoon next year, and as it's a special occasion we'd like to splash out on a mini-suite (it's not massively more expensive than a normal balcony cabin).

Having read lots of reviews I'm frankly a little baffled as to which stateroom to pick. According to this website (http://www.islandpanama.org/meet-the-ship/covered-balcony-guide/), all the aft mini suites on Dolphin Deck (i.e. the ones numbered D705 and higher, have a covered balcony, except the two corner ones. Is this correct? We're quite keen on having a covered balcony, hence me looking at this sort of location.

Any advice much appreciated!

We had mini suite B226 on the Coral in Alaska. It was forward but the balcony was completely covered and very spacious. I would look for a covered balcony as well as a large size one. If you are doing a one way from Vancouver to Anchorage or vice versa I would book on the side of the ship that is facing land. We loved our mini suite and the location was nice. Enjoy your honeymoon in Alaska!!

All the Coral (and Island) minis in the 7XX series of cabins on the Dolphin deck have covered balconies - we've cruised Alaska twice in one of them. It is a great location: quiet (at the end of the hall), steps to the aft public viewing area, and located near the laundry (if you are inclined to do a load of wash :o).

Edited by capriccio

Actually the mini-suites at the front of the ship on Baja and Caribe should be the cheapest ones and they are fully covered.

And the ones in the center of the ship aren't. You might try to search the Princess forum for an outstanding deck plan that shows which balconies are covered, or not. I'm using an IPad, which doesn't seem to let me forward links.

That thread has been active recently.

OK question, on the Jan 3/15 sailing there is a group of forward reg. balcony cabins on sale, right beside the mini suites. Uh why? Reason I ask is that other balcony cabins a little further back are selling like hotcakes. This would be on the Baja Deck. Anyone?

Thans