Carnival chooses the cabin

islandwoman

Carnival's having a sale right now - ends today. The best rates allow the passengers to choose the cabin type and Carnival chooses the cabin. Has anyone had experience with this type of "deal" from Carnival? Did you get a good cabin, or did they stick you into one of the least desirable ones? I'm considering a balcony cabin on a 7 day Western Caribbean out of Port Canaveral in October.

If you are picky about location, it's best to book the exact cabin you want. If you don't care WHERE you are, you will get AT LEAST the catagory you book..sometimes, you'll get something better! They don't deliberately put you in the worst cabin of that catagory, but it's certainly possible! What's a "bad" cabin to you, might be a great cabin to someone else.

So...you can save money if you aren't picky! If a less than desirable location will ruin your cruise, book the cabin you want.

If you are picky about location, it's best to book the exact cabin you want. If you don't care WHERE you are, you will get AT LEAST the catagory you book..sometimes, you'll get something better! They don't deliberately put you in the worst cabin of that catagory, but it's certainly possible! What's a "bad" cabin to you, might be a great cabin to someone else.

So...you can save money if you aren't picky! If a less than desirable location will ruin your cruise, book the cabin you want.

Since I booked ES I kept the cabin I selected for a price of $815.00 including taxes and was up graded one deck to 7342 on top of that I got an OBC of $249.00. This was a good sale!!!!!

Gary

Edited by Shipbound

What you get it whatever hasn't already been chosen by those who choose their cabin. If you select Ocean View and all the Ocean Views get sold, you'll move to a balcony.

Or you could can an obstructed view.

Personally I'd only do a guarantee for a balcony. The worst thing that could happen is that I'd end up with a cove. And that's not too bad at all.

Guarantee is not for everyone.

I do not want to take a chance of getting a cabin in the noisy area of the ship. The few dollars more i spend picking out my location is money well spent

Personally I'd only do a guarantee for a balcony. The worst thing that could happen is that I'd end up with a cove. And that's not too bad at all.

I'd take an obstruction over being located above an area where the band sets up and plays until 2-3 am with the beat beat beat of the bass under my head

Edited by serene56

I had booked a guarantee inside cabin twice with Carnival this year, and both times the cabin and location was just fine. The first time I booked a guarantee I was nervous about them putting me somewhere noisy like under the main dinning room or pool, or something of that sort. Thank God that wasn't the case.

I've done it about 5 times (always in late August) and every time its been an absolute bargain saving hundreds of dollars over the equivalent price for the cabin assigned. Focus on date of cruise and amount of unsold inventory. Price could still go down substantially in October unless its already a rock bottom price like every other Carnival ship is going for right now

Edited by Stallion

Thank you all for your help. We booked the Senior/Carnival-chooses-the-cabin balcony rate. It appears that the Liberty doesn't have any obstructed balconies or cove balconies, so how bad could it be? And the rate was much lower than "choose your own cabin".

When can we expect to find out how well we've done in this lottery?

Since I booked ES I kept the cabin I selected for a price of $815.00 including taxes and was up graded one deck to 7342 on top of that I got an OBC of $249.00. This was a good sale!!!!!

Gary

Are you saying that you already had ES booked and they let you keep your selected cabin, upgraded you, plus gave you OBC? We were told we could not keep our cabin if we used this sale.

I have never booked a guarantee, as I always book connecting cabins. But I would think that I would have to be happy with the worst cabin in the category, and then I might be pleasantly surprised. I would expect that those paying more would choose the good ones for themselves, and leave the dregs to those booking the guarantee.

We booked a guarantee last week for a cruise next month. We got our room assignment yesterday. A balcony on the lido deck. I had been thinking of changing from guarantee to picking our room but this is exactly where I would have chosen.