Suitcases sent to Airport on return

amberben

I wonder if anyone could tell me how we can find out if our suitcases can be sent direct to the airport on day of departure? We have a very late flight and would like our suitcases taken to the airport so we can spend the day siteseeing.? I know I have read in the past they offer this but not sure which airlines or how to find out.

Many thanks

This is called Luggagfe Valet and it is available from some US ports on some airlines, but not for flights to Great Britain or Europe, only to US and Canada

Many thanks WestLakeGirl.

I had a feeling it was not for the Uk.. That has settle that for us.

Brenda x

This is called Luggagfe Valet and it is available from some US ports on some airlines, but not for flights to Great Britain or Europe, only to US and Canada

How can we find out which airlines? Our port will be Miami, the airline is American and the airport is Columbus (CMH) Ohio. Who do i contact--airline, Celebrity or someone else. Thanks.

If it is being offered on your cruise, they should let you know at the same time that they send around the disembarkation form, but it never hurts to stop by Guest Relations to tell them that you want this if it is offered.

There are time restrictions -- the flight can't be too early.

Not all airlines participate. American does.

The fee is $25 per person. They will print your luggage tags and your boarding pass for you. Since they can't do this until 24 hours prior to the flight, you might not know if you'll be able to do Luggage Valet until that time.

Even if the flight is the right time, and the airline participates, there is still a chance that TSA could kick you out.

But if all goes well, it's money well spent. You leave your luggage at the door on the ship the night before you disembark, and pick it up at your home airport on your arrival.

Kccordo,

As mentioned American does participate. Your flight must be after noon.

The only caveat is that there must be a minimum of American/US Airways passengers participating and that you will not know until the last evening. Your destination does not matter, only your departing airport.

It's a great service and will ease your disembarkation wait time too.

Dh and I have never used this service but are interested in giving it a go on our next cruise. Does anyone have answers to the following questions?

1. We are flying on Delta...is this airline included?

2. We are flying out of San Juan...because of the agriculture screening, would this deter the use of the luggage valet?

3. Our flight is at 11:40am our of SJU...because this is not the afternoon, will we be denied use of Luggage valet?

Thanks in advance.....Julie

Luggage Valet is not available from San Juan airport.

Oh, and a correction to something I wrote earlier, I believe the fee is $20 per person, not $25. That covers two pieces of checked luggage.

It used to be available from SJU but I believe that it was discontinued a year or so ago. Still, it never hurts to ask once you are on the ship.

Edited by cruisestitch

We were cruising with friends and they used the luggage valet program. I was very nervous about it, but everything worked out fine. They just put the special tags on the luggage they were given on board and didn't see the luggage until they reached home. I believe it was $25.00 per person and did not include your transportation to the airport.

If it is being offered on your cruise, they should let you know at the same time that they send around the disembarkation form, but it never hurts to stop by Guest Relations to tell them that you want this if it is offered.

There are time restrictions -- the flight can't be too early.

Not all airlines participate. American does.

The fee is $25 per person. They will print your luggage tags and your boarding pass for you. Since they can't do this until 24 hours prior to the flight, you might not know if you'll be able to do Luggage Valet until that time.

Even if the flight is the right time, and the airline participates, there is still a chance that TSA could kick you out.

But if all goes well, it's money well spent. You leave your luggage at the door on the ship the night before you disembark, and pick it up at your home airport on your arrival.

We did this past May from MIA. With Sun. am debark, I did not know until 8pm Sat. night that I was 'approved' (wifester ok'd earlier - was she 'messing with me'?) - desk said it was Delta delay.

GOOD/BAD

We had 2pm flight and planned LEISURELY low-stress debark for around 9am at end of the cattle call. BUT all using luggage valet had to meet at 7:30am in lounge I guess to accommodate the earliest of pax in valet group. So much for leisurely debark.

OTOH, valet group was staff-led early-off group that went thru expedited customs check and avoided the main body backup waits. Had our bags before 80% of others from ship - found ourselves at airport at 9:30am BUT EVEN SUNDAY THE BAR WAS SERVING BEER THEN - A GREAT PUNCTUATION POINT TO THE TRIP. GOOD LUCK