Pick Your Perk - Added On Board Credit?

godawgs2012

I was price checking a cruise my wife and I have booked on the Constellation in Feb. 2015 today and when I went to see how much the price was, I noticed it had returned to the price we paid when we booked (had previously increased $100 per person). We booked during the 123 GO promotion - now with the Pick Your Perk promotion it allows me to get the beverage package (which we selected in 123 GO) but also offers me a $50 stateroom credit. Any chance I can call Celebrity and have this credit added, or would I have to cancel and re-book? It seems silly that I would have to re-book since the perks and price are the same, but didn't want to waste time on the phone if someone knew.

Thanks!

My TA looked into this and was told by Celebrity that we would have to rebook. Our concern was we had booked early and acquired a particularly good cabin on a b2b Med/TA and had to weigh the value of the perks (Drink Package + $300 OBC for us) with the possible loss of the cabin. You might want to take that into consideration before calling.

I called Celebrity and was able to change without loosing my room or rebooking they just changed the perks added. For me though, he was able to add the loyalty discount and PYPBEV and my price went down $110 instead, so I picked that instead of the $100 OBC. Got the revised confirmation while on the phone and all looks good. Kept our room and booking number.

We tried to get several of these new promotions last year and was told "New Bookings Only."

We did get a Give Thanks promotion, but when the final calculation was made, we had actually lost some ground because they removed all our old promotions before adding the newer ones. They also increased our base rate.

If it is important to you... I would call.

We booked a cruise back in July under the 123G0 Special with an added OBC. Then 10 or so days later there was a added price drop, I called them. They honoured it all. Less than an hour on the phone and I saved over $ 400.

Good luck,

Cheers!

With the pick your perk, if you choose the drink package what does it include? Thanks ahead.

You get the Classic Alcohol Pkg under 123GO / Pick your Perk.

There are lots of posts here on the Celebrity Board about the Bevvy Pks... One of the best being the Comprehenive Analysis that SARAFINADH did back in 2012

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1571274

A few things have changed since then... Most notably upward maximums have gone up $ 1 from $ 8 to $ 9 for the Classic... And from $ 12 to $ 13 for Premium... But that was to cover a price increase across the board for bevvys

Generally speaking, Classic gets you Namebrand Spirits, a nice selection of Domestic & a few imported Beers, and some decent Wine

Premium gets you Higherend Spirits, larger selection of Beers & Wine

You can always upgrade from Classic to Premium for $ 10 US + 15% Grat = $ 11.50 US per person per day if you so choose.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Could someone please tell me what the drink package looks like on your reservation on the Celebrity website. When I check my order history, it shows

my name res # Wave Promo- Classic Package $0

husband's name res# Wave Promo- Classic Package $0

service charge $0

It this what everyones looks like? I don't want to get to the ship and not have the drink package. Thanks for the help.

You get the Classic Alcohol Pkg under 123GO / Pick your Perk.

There are lots of posts here on the Celebrity Board about the Bevvy Pks... One of the best being the Comprehenive Analysis that SARAFINADH did back in 2012

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1571274

A few things have changed since then... Most notably upward maximums have gone up $ 1 from $ 8 to $ 9 for the Classic... And from $ 12 to $ 13 for Premium... But that was to cover a price increase across the board for bevvys

Generally speaking, Classic gets you Namebrand Spirits, a nice selection of Domestic & a few imported Beers, and some decent Wine

Premium gets you Higherend Spirits, larger selection of Beers & Wine

You can always upgrade from Classic to Premium for $ 10 US + 15% Grat = $ 11.50 US per person per day if you so choose.

Cheers!

Thanks so much!

Could someone please tell me what the drink package looks like on your reservation on the Celebrity website. When I check my order history, it shows

service charge $0

It this what everyones looks like? I don't want to get to the ship and not have the drink package. Thanks for the help.

That's the package. You are set.

service charge $0

Your Booking Receipt / Invoice (usually sent by email) may list it differently from your My Celebrity Online Reservation.

My Booking Receipts (i have 2 upcoming cruises) are showing two different ways (under the Dollar section) on one cruise it is listed as 123GOBEV on the other as AI CELB CLAS... And then the $ 0 amount

On My Celebity both appear as 123GOBEV

Personally, I made sure the notation was on both... As I will show up to the Pier with a copy of my Final Receipt as paid in full in hand.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I called and spoke to someone but I don't think he understood what I was asking. All he kept telling me was that I could cancel and re-book. He didn't seem to understand I wanted to see if I could add the $50 on-board credit to my current reservation. Maybe I'll try and call back tomorrow and see if I can speak with someone else.

I called and spoke to someone but I don't think he understood what I was asking. All he kept telling me was that I could cancel and re-book. He didn't seem to understand I wanted to see if I could add the $50 on-board credit to my current reservation. Maybe I'll try and call back tomorrow and see if I can speak with someone else.

Or he was simply telling you what most others are told, that to get the perk it has to be a new booking and you'll need to rebook? I know that's not what you want to hear, but that is the official Celebrity policy and I think that he understood very well.

Or he was simply telling you what most others are told, that to get the perk it has to be a new booking and you'll need to rebook? I know that's not what you want to hear, but that is the official Celebrity policy and I think that he understood very well.

That has never been my experience, I have added current promos lots of time and I have never had to cancel and rebook, but I did have to take the prevailing rate for my cabin. Lucky in most cases it has been the same, and one time it wasn't I downgraded to a lower category and paid less!

For the other poster, if you are a captain's club member, try calling the following number and don't select any of the options just hold and you will get a captain's club person: 1-800-760-0654.

Be aware, if the rate of your cabin has gone up you will not be able to add this new promotion without accepting the higher rate. (i.e. it is for "new bookings" so if you had booked now that is the rate you would have had to have booked with).

That has never been my experience, I have added current promos lots of time and I have never had to cancel and rebook, but I did have to take the prevailing rate for my cabin. Lucky in most cases it has been the same, and one time it wasn't I downgraded to a lower category and paid less!

For the other poster, if you are a captain's club member, try calling the following number and don't select any of the options just hold and you will get a captain's club person: 1-800-760-0654.

Be aware, if the rate of your cabin has gone up you will not be able to add this new promotion without accepting the higher rate. (i.e. it is for "new bookings" so if you had booked now that is the rate you would have had to have booked with).

Quoting from the PYP fine print:

To Qualify for Pick Your Perk Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied... Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, which must be named and deposited during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings." - See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/pick-your-perk?icid=hp_bt_pckyrp_1408_spyp_lk_795230#sthash.LV49NCsF.dpuf

Quoting from the new Summer Sail Away promo, again in the fine print:

To Qualify for Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked Aug. 21 - 24, 2014 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 4-night or longer cruise that departs Oct. 2014 - Apr. 2016... Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted affinity and promotional groups bookings, which must be named and deposited during the Offer Period.

As I said in my previous posting, that's the official Celebrity policy governing these promos and the probable reason for the OP getting the response that he received. I realize that the policy doesn't always make sense and that it isn't always applied, but that doesn't change the fact that it's policy.

I think that is the difference, yes it applies to new bookings only, but if you are before the final payment date you could technically cancel and rebook without penalty. My experience is that Celebrity does not make you go through that whole process, as there is no point (and it is more work for them as well), and instead will just update your booking, BUT what does happen is, because it is for new bookings only, you have to take today's rate for your room. I.e. if the room has increased, you still don't have to cancel and rebook, but you have to accept the new price if you want the new deal. In that way, you get no real advantage, you are getting the same thing someone booking a "new booking" today would get and you are in the same place as if you cancel and rebook. One advantage though is keeping your stateroom that you may loose if you had to cancel and rebook.

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

Quoting from the PYP fine print:

Quoting from the new Summer Sail Away promo, again in the fine print:

As I said in my previous posting, that's the official Celebrity policy governing these promos and the probable reason for the OP getting the response that he received. I realize that the policy doesn't always make sense and that it isn't always applied, but that doesn't change the fact that it's policy.

I understand that, but as I've stated - the rate is the same as when I booked and I am not trying to be rude, but you weren't on the phone with the rep. I specifically asked if I could add the OBC and the rep did not say "let me see if I can add it." If he would have said that and then said "I'm sorry, the only way to add the OBC is to cancel and re-book" I would agree that he understood. However, he never said that. He was under the impression that I wanted to cancel and rebook with the new promotion. Honestly, it's only $50 so it's not a HUGE deal, I just thought it would be nice to use for either a specialty meal, or to help pay for a beverage package upgrade or a shore excursion. I know that many people have had many different answers when they call different reps at Celebrity, which is why I said I might call back later tomorrow and see if I get a different answer.

I just got off the phone with Celebrity and I did receive the OBC for my January Carribbean cruise. We never discussed canceling and rebooking. Just let me see what I can do for you. However when he rebooked me from 123 to PYP I lost my one category upgrade. He quickly corrected that. I was on the phone for a half an hour but for $100.00 I feel it was worth it.

I called today...booked a New Zealand cruise, on Monday, and they were nice to add the OBV. Call the Captains Club because I originally called and was shocked to get an outsourced call center

Edited by Merriem

I understand that, but as I've stated - the rate is the same as when I booked and I am not trying to be rude, but you weren't on the phone with the rep. I specifically asked if I could add the OBC and the rep did not say "let me see if I can add it." If he would have said that and then said "I'm sorry, the only way to add the OBC is to cancel and re-book" I would agree that he understood. However, he never said that. He was under the impression that I wanted to cancel and rebook with the new promotion. Honestly, it's only $50 so it's not a HUGE deal, I just thought it would be nice to use for either a specialty meal, or to help pay for a beverage package upgrade or a shore excursion. I know that many people have had many different answers when they call different reps at Celebrity, which is why I said I might call back later tomorrow and see if I get a different answer.

I think the earlier suggestion to call Captains Club is a good one. I have always gotten the best service with them and they usually know all the answers and can get things done. I stay away from the reps unless I have used them before, since alot of them do not know that much and give wrong information.

Good luck

Can anyone clarify whether or not it works to call celebrity about adding the OBC for this sale if you booked with a TA? the TA always says "celebrity won't do it". I haven't tried with this sale yet, I will tomorrow, but does it work to talk to celebrity if a TA is used?

Also, we're preview members of captains club (signed up but have never sailed on celebrity before). Can I still call them for help? And again, can I call them if booked through a TA?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can anyone clarify whether or not it works to call celebrity about adding the OBC for this sale if you booked with a TA? the TA always says "celebrity won't do it". I haven't tried with this sale yet, I will tomorrow, but does it work to talk to celebrity if a TA is used?

Also, we're preview members of captains club (signed up but have never sailed on celebrity before). Can I still call them for help? And again, can I call them if booked through a TA?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, if you booked through a TA, you have to call your TA and they call Celebrity.