Carnival Miracle

travelchic1

Hello,

I have done a lot of cruising with Carnival, however never on a Sprit ship. It looks like these are smaller. I was on the Freedom earlier this year before the upgrades. I really enjoyed the Freedom, but noticed that the Miracle is a little older. If someone has been on a Spirit ship, please let me know the pros and cons.

Thanks,

Spirit class are smaller but have more room per passenger. Layout is better IMHO. All decks go through- no going up and down to get around MDR and or galley.

Edited by n6uqqq

Spirit class are smaller but have more room per passenger. Layout is better IMHO. All decks go through- no going up and down to get around MDR and or galley.

Miracle is by far a favorite! Sailed her last October, this past March, booked again for October and next March. Give it a shot. Great class of ship by far.

I agree with both of the previous posters. I have sailed on the Miracle 5 times, each on a different itinerary and have never had a bad cruise. Navigating/layout of the ship is a big plus but my favorite things are the aft Vista suites.

Those are balconies to die for.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by wasiii

Love, love, love the Miracle. AS stated above more area per passenger, higher ratio of crew to passengers, better deck/layout. I think the only minus is lack of 2.0 upgrades but I understand that is scheduled "soon". My only comment on the balconies, be sure you choose carefully. Some of the balconies are inset. A quick glance at the deck plans and you will see what I mean. If you are going to go for a balcony you don't want to look down on a lifeboat.

We really like the smaller Spirit class ships!!

The Miracle is due to be in drydock to get some of the 2.0 upgrades in Feb/March 2015. I agree that the better balconies are in the parts of the ship that stick out. Look on the deck plan and you'll see what we mean.

Hello,

I have done a lot of cruising with Carnival, however never on a Sprit ship. It looks like these are smaller. I was on the Freedom earlier this year before the upgrades. I really enjoyed the Freedom, but noticed that the Miracle is a little older. If someone has been on a Spirit ship, please let me know the pros and cons.

Thanks,

Smaller? The ship is twice as big as the Titanic. It's also a favorite among Carnival cruisers, at least the class.

We really like the smaller Spirit class ships!!

The Miracle is due to be in drydock to get some of the 2.0 upgrades in Feb/March 2015. I agree that the better balconies are in the parts of the ship that stick out. Look on the deck plan and you'll see what we mean.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0185.JPG

this is a balcony that overlooks the lifeboats- when I am laying in that lounge chair I do not see the lifeboats-- which is on deck 4

there are only 3 of these balconies on the ship

6232 holds 3/4 people 7258 and 7258 hold 2

there is another on deck 5 but it is much narrower

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0185.JPG

this is a balcony that overlooks the lifeboats- when I am laying in that lounge chair I do not see the lifeboats-- which is on deck 4

there are only 3 of these balconies on the ship

6232 holds 3/4 people 7258 and 7258 hold 2

there is another on deck 5 but it is much narrower

serene56 meant 7258 and 8232 hold 2

We are booked in the 8232 for b2b jan. 4 and 10 can't wait.

Edited by tracyvansmith