MDR seating for 5?

Luckycruising

We will be 4 adults with an 8 year old child on the Breeze this Christmas. I will be requesting a private table. What kind of seating arrangements have you seen or experience for this size? Squeezed at a table for 4 or at a table for 6?

thanks

I have seen both. I am just guessing here but since you are cruising over Christmas the ship will be closer to capacity and there for likely you will be 5 at a 4 top. If you request set dinning time (early/late) you can go to the dinning room about 1 PM on day of embarkation and see where and what dinning configuration you have been assigned. If you are unhappy with it you can request a change. If you have YTD then simply request a 6 top when you enter the dinning room. Happy cruising.

We will be 4 adults with an 8 year old child on the Breeze this Christmas. I will be requesting a private table. What kind of seating arrangements have you seen or experience for this size? Squeezed at a table for 4 or at a table for 6?

thanks

I have seen both. The best, IMHO, would be a round 4 top with an extra chair as these are quite roomy. Sticking a fifth chair at the end of a rectangular 4 top would be cramped, to say the least.

you could get a booth with the child at the end.

Too crowded.

Check your table assignment when boarding.. and if you get a table for 4-- so visit the matre de.

you did take tradional dining right? coz if anytime all this information is worthless

Also for the 8 year old-- when he is done eating dinner-- ask the waiter to bring over the table magician if one is onboard.

We sailed April, 2014 on the Paradise with 4 adults and a 7 year old, Early Dining. We asked for a six top, but the MD said they were all full. We were assigned to a 10 top with a family of 5. We had a very enjoyable dining experience. One night my DW and I were the only ones at dinner. :D

Excuse me for jumping in with a different question. We will be a party of 11. Think we can all be at I table?

They will probably squeeze in another chair at a round 10 top. Been in large tables with a group and couldn't talk to people at the other side of the table. Liked it better the next year when they put us at 2 smaller tables. Much better for conversation; and we could move to the other table the next night to talk with the other people.