Conch Fritters

Sleepylove83

Im going on the Getaway 9/27 thru 10/4, my ports are St Maartin, St thomas, and Nassau. I had conch friiters in the keys as was in LOVE! lol so good!! What are some good places to check out in those ports for conch fritters?

Many on these boards will have their favorite places...ours is:

Coconuts in St Thomas

www.coconutssvi.com

Conch Fritters and a Bushwacker :p:p

Edited by Ashland

What are conch fritters. Never heard of them previous to this

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You know a conch shell? Well the animal that lives in them is like a snail (I guess) they chop it up, dip it in batter and fry it up. Sooo delicious. I tried them in the keys years ago and it was so good! I had them a few times that week. Lol

Coconuts in St Thomas

www.coconutssvi.com

Thanks!! And I like you said a bushwaker and not a painkiller. lol I love in Annapolis, MD and we have a Pusser's (yup those ones) And I hate painkillers. But I will be looking this place up while there. Thank you!

You know a conch shell? Well the animal that lives in them is like a snail (I guess) they chop it up, dip it in batter and fry it up. Sooo delicious. I tried them in the keys years ago and it was so good! I had them a few times that week. Lol

Cool thanks next time over there I will try one

Always into different food

What are conch fritters. Never heard of them previous to this

I think they taste very similar to my southern receipe for my thanksgiving bread stuffing made from scratch..but shaped into balls and deep fried...obviously theirs has conch in them mine doesn't...but very close in taste..JMHO

They are a staple in the Bahamas. At Nassau, I had some really good ones at a place called Conch Fritters on Marlboro St. For what it's worth, they also have lightening fast free wifi there, which allowed me to check in for my flight home the next day. (I was on Getaway, too).

They are a staple in the Bahamas. At Nassau, I had some really good ones at a place called Conch Fritters on Marlboro St. For what it's worth, they also have lightening fast free wifi there, which allowed me to check in for my flight home the next day. (I was on Getaway, too).

Sweet thank you!!! Free wifi is ALWAYS a plus!

• 1 month later...
The Bahamas is well know for having great conch fritters. In Nassau in the Fish Fry area Twin Brothers has some good ones. ;)

LuLu

Second that !! We were at Twin Brothers in July. Stayed at the Cove in Atlantis. Guy was cleaning dozens of conch on a picnic table outside the window. Very good food.

Coconuts in St Thomas

www.coconutssvi.com

So where is Coconuts in Charlotte Amalie? Is it the place at the top of the hill via the skyway? Heard the place up there has great drinks as well. Would love to grab some good conch in April, but not going to the Bahamas this time.

So where is Coconuts in Charlotte Amalie? Is it the place at the top of the hill via the skyway? Heard the place up there has great drinks as well. Would love to grab some good conch in April, but not going to the Bahamas this time.

No not up there..it's just off the main street..ask anyone they'll tell you where it is...(just remember their closed on Sunday's) we were just there and disappointed..as it was the first time we had been there on a Sunday.

No not up there..it's just off the main street..ask anyone they'll tell you where it is...(just remember their closed on Sunday's) we were just there and disappointed..as it was the first time we had been there on a Sunday.

Thanks for the info - we'll be there on a Wednesday. Our cruise departs on a Sunday.

So where are the best conch fritters in Key West...

I like DJs Clam Shack on Duval St, great lobster rolls also ! I also love Pepes, hidden away place down by the old train terminal shed. Also BOs Fishwagon. Blue Heaven for the best Mojitos ! Love Key West !!

Edited by buckeye rob

I like DJs Clam Shack on Duval St, great lobster rolls also ! I also love Pepes, hidden away place down by the old train terminal shed. Also BOs Fishwagon. Blue Heaven for the best Mojitos ! Love Key West !!

Thank you for that! My mom had grown up on them and used to say how much she liked them. We had them years ago on our cruise to Nassau and loved them. Glad to know we can get them here, too. :)

We were in the Bahamas this past May and did the Tru Bahamian Food Tour and it was marvelous! We had some amazing conch fritters with a dipping sauce at a restaurant called Bahamian Cookin Rest & Bar. All of their food was homemade and delicious. I highly recommend it.